Bucky and Sully Blackballed By The Pegulas?

I came across and interesting interview on Twitter with Bucky Gleason.  In the interview he sounds good about a number of topics.  Including the Buffalo News - he said that the new management from outside of Buffalo too over and didn’t understand Buffalo sports.  He said they bought into the Twitter mob that said they were too negative.  So when they took away his column, he knew it was time to leave.

He also said that the Pegulas and the Bills significantly influence the local media either directly ($$$$) or indirectly (advertising $$$) - alluding to WGR and other outlets in Buffalo.  

Later he said that they both tried to get press credentials from the Bills to cover the team.  The Bills denied their website The Maven - which is kind of like a free version of The Athletic - and are the only team in the NFL team to deny press rights to The Maven.  He later tried getting credentialed through 1270 AM, where he has a radio show.  1270 AM was already approved but since Bucky and Sully weren’t on the original press list for 1270, they were again denied.  Again, Bucky says this is very rare in the NFL.

His take is that the Pegulas and The Bills are essentially blackballing Bucky and Sully because they don’t like how critical the duo has been.  In his mind, this is an atrocious and petty thing to do to a journalist.  

Its a facinating interview.  Check it out:

http://moranalytics.com/ep-66-bucky-gleason-sports-writer-radio-host/

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 8

8 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

I think its crappy, the Pegulas have thin skin, and as owners, deserve to have poop thrown their way.

People complain about john Murphy's sunshine and rainbows radio, yet loathe the media who is hard on the team.

More like unbalanced hard

They are shock jocks.....plain and simple

16 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

I'm sure they are getting black balled and that is totally petty, unprofessional, and even sleazy.

F the Pegulas.

??  I think Bucky is the one who said Kim Pegula shouldn't be at the hockey meetings originally.  Totally fine with me if the "petty and sleazy" Pegulas hold a grudge over that misogyny.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, eball said:

??  I think Bucky is the one who said Kim Pegula shouldn't be at the hockey meetings originally.  Totally fine with me if the "petty and sleazy" Pegulas hold a grudge over that misogyny.

I think it's petty of the owners to censor coverage of their team.  With that said, Bucky was extremely stupid with that take.  

It seems the problem with Buffalo’s sports teams start with ownership who appear steadfast in crushing voices of dissent, and in addition wanting to buy out players who are protesting. This to me is a problem of someone who is a control freak. Don’t think for a second that Kim Pegula crying poor “we spent all our money on the team” is a opening salvo at controlling the narrative that significant tax payer dollars will be needed for a new stadium. The Pegula’s are the last people in the U.S. to beat Trump & make him look like a fool. These are some competitive and controlling Mofos.

• Sad 1