Sign in to follow this  
John from Riverside

Gaines released....Wallace promoted

Mike Rodak ESPN Staff Writer 

The Bills on Tuesday released cornerback Phillip Gaines, who had started the past four games and six games overall this season. Gaines leads the NFL with 131 penalty yards this season, all of which came on three defensive pass interference calls in recent weeks -- including two for a total of 90 yards in Sunday's loss to the Bears

Good riddance 

Yes I wanted him gone or at least demoted and I have to ask, why did they think he could be #2 and why did they let him play over Lewis after he came back from injury? Guy has been beat more than the Bills. And how do you just cut #2 instead of keeping him at #5 over "I love blocking in the back" Pitts?

Edited by Cheesus

11 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Mike Rodak ESPN Staff Writer 

The Bills on Tuesday released cornerback Phillip Gaines, who had started the past four games and six games overall this season. Gaines leads the NFL with 131 penalty yards this season, all of which came on three defensive pass interference calls in recent weeks -- including two for a total of 90 yards in Sunday's loss to the Bears

Good riddance 

When I saw the yardage I was like, wow 131 yards, he must have 15 pi flags. But then I saw it was just 3 flags. And those 90 in the Chicago game were the reason the bills lost the game 😛

I'd have 3 flags on three straight passes. That's not really that bad. Though being the Bama fan that I am I love the move ;)

I am thrilled to see this young man get a chance to play. He was an actual walk on.....at Alabama which is all but impossible. THAT is how hard he works.

I don't know how his skills will translate to the NFL but he contributed to a national champion winning team and was very clutch. Calvin Ridley even spoke highly of him.

I hope he kicks ass!!!

• Like (+1) 1

Ok I understand the guy was awful. (I got that from the 4 pages telling me so lol) My question is how do you go from starting on Sunday to being cut? Most teams you are benched  and replaced but not cut, at least not this late in the season. (Was he so bad he wouldn’t been worth the 52nd roster spot?) 

1 minute ago, PatsFanNH said:

Ok I understand the guy was awful. (I got that from the 4 pages telling me so lol) My question is how do you go from starting on Sunday to being cut? Most teams you are benched  and replaced but not cut, at least not this late in the season. (Was he so bad he wouldn’t been worth the 52nd roster spot?) 

I think that they had enough of watching him play and figured he wasnt worth keeping anymore even as a backup so they decided to promote someone from the practice squad. It's not like they need him for a playoff run. He only needed about 1 more PI call to give up more yards on 4 plays then the Bill's defence in a good a

Game. I doubt he gets claimed or picked up, so if they get desperate due to injuries, I'm sure they could re sign him

• Thanks! (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

ask Dean Marlowe

8 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Too penalty prone and subject to singe marks.  Bye bye now!

8 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

We are looking to next year.....and he simply is not good and not in the plans

Want to give some burn to guys that may actually be here....that is also we we are seeing Teller and Sirles

Sign in to follow this