Gaines released....Wallace promoted

1 hour ago, wppete said:

This team is a disaster. Cut your starting CB (who is garbage) and replace him with an undrafted rookie who was a walk on at college. 

Maybe you wouldn't say that if you understood the McDermott process and how he understands, even if know one else does, how to build a proper football culture. :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Bad Things Man said:

Wasn't there a corner earlier in the year that filled in for gaines and did a decent job only to get cut the next week?

You might be thinking of Dean Marlowe who filled in when Hyde and Bush were injured and played very well. He was then crushed to be cut after the game when Hyde and Bush were able to return to practice.

Then was re-signed to ps and is still on it. NFL is a tough gig to stay on the 53 then tougher yet to be active then tougher yet to start a game and play very good. I see why he was crushed.

Edited by cba fan

Just now, John from Riverside said:

If there is one thing mcd does understand and excel at it it is getting production out his dbs

Yeah, in spite of the beyond dismal and totally unacceptable results of his team, he can shove that in the face of his naysayers.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-1537-1377621562-19.

2 hours ago, wppete said:

This team is a disaster. Cut your starting CB (who is garbage) and replace him with an undrafted rookie who was a walk on at college. 

2 hours ago, Irv said:

I agree with this 100%.  How bad are the Bills talent evaluators if they are cutting starters mid-season?  Ineptitiude. 

Gaines was signed to be depth at CB.

Vontae Davis was signed to be the starter. Then Davis screwed the Bills over, no one here saw that coming, including the talent evaluators.

Also, Wallace is being added to the roster, Ryan Lewis will more likely be the starter now.

Think, McFly, Think!!!

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

Yeah, in spite of the beyond dismal and totally unacceptable results of his team, he can shove that in the face of his naysayers.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-1537-1377621562-19.

That really is not the point of this thread is it?   I mean you cant post this in the limitless other threads where the punchbowl pisser's are commenting on it?

1 hour ago, apuszczalowski said:

I believe a stat I saw earlier said he was the most penalized defender in the league with over 130 yards in penalties, all on 3 defensive pass interference penalties.

Not a huge loss

that was likely what tipped the glass for McD

5 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

I know what a terrible evaluator. finding a nickel in the fifth round that is playing so well they could just get rid of the guy they signed to play nickel.

Johnson has performed decently and very well at times.
They need to nail down the " other " corner and Bills secondary looks stacked, even with depth players showing this year.

Phillip was not supposed to be the Boundary corner was he ? Thank goodness Taron can play ball.

who starts across from 27 this coming Game ?

2 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

Free Agent Signings from the offseason:

Vontae Davis- Retired

Chris Ivory
Rafael Bush

Star Lotulelei

A.J. McCarron- Traded

Trent Murphy

Julian Stanford

Russell Bodine

Marshall Newhouse- Traded

Kaelin Clay- Cut

Phillip Gaines- Cut

Jeremy Kerley- Cut

Not a good sign when 50% of your free agent signings have either retired, been cut, or traded.

It depends on what you spent.  If you brought a guy in to start and didnt feel he was your starter.  I think getting an asset back would be a pretty good move.  In hind sight we wish he didnt get traded but its easier to judge the past than the future my friend.  I think this regime is doing ok.  I would rather have Whaley/McD but Beane hasnt done bad.

14 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

that was likely what tipped the glass for McD

Johnson has performed decently and very well at times.
They need to nail down the " other " corner and Bills secondary looks stacked, even with depth players showing this year.

Phillip was not supposed to be the Boundary corner was he ? Thank goodness Taron can play ball.

who starts across from 27 this coming Game ?

Who ever they want to look at to be the future starter on that side.  It may be Taron. 

• Like (+1) 1

Mike Rodak ESPN Staff Writer 

The Bills on Tuesday released cornerback Phillip Gaines, who had started the past four games and six games overall this season. Gaines leads the NFL with 131 penalty yards this season, all of which came on three defensive pass interference calls in recent weeks -- including two for a total of 90 yards in Sunday's loss to the Bears

Good riddance 

Yes I wanted him gone or at least demoted and I have to ask, why did they think he could be #2 and why did they let him play over Lewis after he came back from injury? Guy has been beat more than the Bills. And how do you just cut #2 instead of keeping him at #5 over "I love blocking in the back" Pitts?

Edited by Cheesus

11 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Mike Rodak ESPN Staff Writer 

The Bills on Tuesday released cornerback Phillip Gaines, who had started the past four games and six games overall this season. Gaines leads the NFL with 131 penalty yards this season, all of which came on three defensive pass interference calls in recent weeks -- including two for a total of 90 yards in Sunday's loss to the Bears

Good riddance 

When I saw the yardage I was like, wow 131 yards, he must have 15 pi flags. But then I saw it was just 3 flags. And those 90 in the Chicago game were the reason the bills lost the game ?

I'd have 3 flags on three straight passes. That's not really that bad. Though being the Bama fan that I am I love the move ;)

I am thrilled to see this young man get a chance to play. He was an actual walk on.....at Alabama which is all but impossible. THAT is how hard he works.

I don't know how his skills will translate to the NFL but he contributed to a national champion winning team and was very clutch. Calvin Ridley even spoke highly of him.

I hope he kicks ass!!!

• Like (+1) 1