DeShAuN wAtSoN iS sTrUgGlInG nOw WiTh TaPe

4 hours ago, Zerovotlz said:

Watson is a decent QB thus far....but you cherry picked some stats here.  He is actually now SIX and 3 as the starter but ALL 6 of those wins have been against teams with a losing record except 5-4 Miami....at home.  3 Game winning drives?  Anyone remember the "Drive" he had after the Colts failed on 4th Down in Overtime?  Or the "drive" he had when the Cowboys decided not to go for it.....in overtime?  Impressive stuff.   Watson's last 4 yardage totals.  177,139,239.213.  He hasn't thrown for over 300 yards in a NON OVERTIME game since a week 3 loss to the Giants.  He does only have 7 INTS, but he also has substantially fewer attempts than Brady and Mahomes.  Passer Rating continues to be the single most garbage stat out there....try QBR of 60.2 Watson..good for 16th in the NFL...or exactly AVERAGE.  ....also worth mentioning Watson is 2nd in the NFL with 7 fumbles.  ...and only 1 rushing TD....Brady and Mahomes each have 2.  

Watson is good. He is a franchise Quarterback. Earlier in the season when he was throwing for big yards and losing the cry was "it's all about wins" now the Texans are winning and playing more ball control the cry is "he isn't throwing for enough yards".

The Chiefs don't need to worry about Watson being good any more. Your guy looks even better. But the Texans are going to be very happy with Deshaun Watson for a very long time. I see at least a couple of Mahomes vs Watson AFCCGs in the future.

32 minutes ago, Jasovon said:

Unless we also got Hopkins he would be useless here. Stats are for losers watch Watson play and see how his receivers help him out 

Hopkins helps him out. Definitely. Would help anyone out. But Watson helps Fuller out, not the other way around. At this point anyone trying to argue the opposite is simple doing so in spite of all the evidence.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

i have not read the whole thread, and this is not an indictment of Watson per se..but the Texans are the luckiest 6-0 team in the history of 6 game win streaks. Truly SHOULD have lost 3 of those games, could have lost two and should have tied 1. And more than a few of those games against awful teams.

I can tell you from a betting standpoint, I will focus on their games this season, and I know way to early but can almost call a big regression in 19

You mean like the Bills, last year?  

43 minutes ago, Jasovon said:

Unless we also got Hopkins he would be useless here. Stats are for losers watch Watson play and see how his receivers help him out 

Good point.  The last Texans’ qbs before Watson we’re killing it with Hopkins. Oh wait.

maybe the guy who dominated Bama twice in college is just really good.  

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

You mean like the Bills, last year?  

exactly...only these guys even more in the extreme on luck..missed field goal last week, getting Peterman, the Reich call, the Garrett call...Colts, Bills, Denver, Cowboys, Dolphins, Jaga are the 6 game streak..not exactly the class of the league( although the Colts are better than most think)

Just now, plenzmd1 said:

exactly...only these guys even more in the extreme on luck..missed field goal last week, getting Peterman, the Reich call, the Garrett call...Colts, Bills, Denver, Cowboys, Dolphins, Jaga are the 6 game streak..not exactly the class of the league( although the Colts are better than most think)

You could probably do that for a lot of teams.  Watson was also playing through an injury and Watt took some time getting back to his level.  They will be a tough out going forward.  They could be really dangerous if they had a better oline and running game.

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

You could probably do that for a lot of teams.  Watson was also playing through an injury and Watt took some time getting back to his level.  They will be a tough out going forward.  They could be really dangerous if they had a better oline and running game.

I dont think so...and then I look at their schedule. Holy moly, they have played 1 team so far with a winning record, and as things stand now will only play 3 teams with a winning record all year. And one of them is this week against the Skins, who just lost three Offensive starters for the year on Sunday..talk about charmed!

May present some good moneyline opportunities though as they should be favored by the public , based on record, in a lot of games.

22 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Probably should've lost to Denver.  even indy - they went for the win instead of playing for a tie.  Dallas might win if they don't punt on 4th and 1 from the houston 42. 

Thats 3 wins without even discussing the buffalo game that we probably win assuming peterman doesn't go full peterman.

13 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

I dont think so...and then I look at their schedule. Holy moly, they have played 1 team so far with a winning record, and as things stand now will only play 3 teams with a winning record all year. And one of them is this week against the Skins, who just lost three Offensive starters for the year on Sunday..talk about charmed!

May present some good moneyline opportunities though as they should be favored by the public , based on record, in a lot of games.

Watson has already shown in his career this season and last that if he needs to throw it every down he will throw it every down and put up the big yards. Whether the Texans are primed for a drop off..... I think as their defense gets older that is inevitable. It is not a young team, but they have a Quarterback they will rebuild around.... and that normally makes rebuilds faster.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Jasovon said:

Hopkins is great, but the other guys he's been throwing to are either always injured or not very good.

Watson is a really good QB. He'd be a massive upgrade over anyone we have. 

2 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

i have not read the whole thread, and this is not an indictment of Watson per se..but the Texans are the luckiest 6-0 team in the history of 6 game win streaks. Truly SHOULD have lost 3 of those games, could have lost two and should have tied 1. And more than a few of those games against awful teams.

I can tell you from a betting standpoint, I will focus on their games this season, and I know way to early but can almost call a big regression in 19

I brought it up earlier. Their defence beat the Bill's with Pick 6s at the end of the game. They got a win Sunday because the Denver kicker missed a last second FG. They arent winning because of Watson, it's not like KC where they are winning because of Mahommes right now. That's not to say that Watson isnt or wont be a good QB, but let's not go overboard with jealousy over not having him because of his play this season. He has been pretty average stats wise while really lucky getting wins.

Also, he has been sacked the most in the league IIRC from earlier? So to say he would look so much worse playing in Buffalo might be a stretch cause it seems the Texans oline might be worse.......

Not to defend the WRs here as they arent great, but maybe better QB play makes them look better? They have seen passes from over 4 (going on 5 QBs) in practice and games since training camp, and it's been a revolving door at starter so it cant be easy to get used to that many different QBs throwing the ball and working out timing.

Edited by apuszczalowski

19 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Imagine what he would look like here in Buffalo with this line and these weapons.....

/thread

This type of argument is often put out there, but it's really not compelling---as if it says "hey it's ok that we didn't draft wither if these good young QB....because our O-line sucks!"

It supposes that no young QB can overcome the deficits of a mediocre O-line, when that's not true.  Both of these kids are mobile, athletic QBs with good arms---much like Russell Wilson, who has played his career behind pretty bad O-lines.

Can't "/thread" on a lame cop-out.

2 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

I brought it up earlier. Their defence beat the Bill's with Pick 6s at the end of the game. They got a win Sunday because the Denver kicker missed a last second FG. They arent winning because of Watson, it's not like KC where they are winning because of Mahommes right now. That's not to say that Watson isnt or wont be a good QB, but let's not go overboard with jealousy over not having him because of his play this season. He has been pretty average stats wise while really lucky getting wins.

Also, he has been sacked the most in the league IIRC from earlier? So to say he would look so much worse playing in Buffalk might be a stretch cause it seems the Texans oline might be worse.......

The Texans are 14th in points, 14th in total yards, 19th in passing yards, 10th in QB Rating, 9th in TD passes, 15th in fewest Interceptions.

If the Bills had that type of passing output, or even close to it, we'd probably be 6-3 right now and in the thick of the playoff hunt.

Unfortunately, we're 32nd in points, 32nd in total yards, 32nd in passing, 32nd in QB rating, 32nd in TD passes, and 31st in fewest Interceptions.

Our offense is the laughing stock of the NFL. It's arguably the worst in the history of the league when you adjust for era. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, jrober38 said:

The Texans are 14th in points, 14th in total yards, 19th in passing yards, 10th in QB Rating, 9th in TD passes, 15th in fewest Interceptions.

If the Bills had that type of passing output, or even close to it, we'd probably be 6-3 right now and in the thick of the playoff hunt.

Unfortunately, we're 32nd in points, 32nd in total yards, 32nd in passing, 32nd in QB rating, 32nd in TD passes, and 31st in fewest Interceptions.

Our offense is the laughing stock of the NFL. It's arguably the worst in the history of the league when you adjust for era. 

So there's room for improvement is what you're saying...

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, dneveu said:

So there's room for improvement is what you're saying...

We need to improve drastically just to pass the 31st ranked team in most of those categories.

I'm dead serious when I say this might be the worst offense in NFL history. 

7 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Not arguing this, my point though is that their win loss record has little to do with Watsons play and more about getting lucky. They almost blew a game last week against the Broncos who missed a makeable FG, the Bill's almost beat them until Allen left the game and Pick6man came in and threw them the game winner. 

Watson is good, but having an offence ranked where they are is the middle of the NFL, so average. They appear to have a worse oline but better WRs.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Not arguing this, my point though is that their win loss record has little to do with Watsons play and more about getting lucky. They almost blew a game last week against the Broncos who missed a makeable FG, the Bill's almost beat them until Allen left the game and Pick6man came in and threw them the game winner. 

Watson is good, but having an offence ranked where they are is the middle of the NFL, so average. They appear to have a worse oline but better WRs.

I dunno - lamar miller has run for 100 a few times this year.  Our complete lack of a running game has tanked any chance for this offense.  When you have a rookie or bad QB - you need to lean on the run game to get you to makeable 3rd downs.  

Just now, apuszczalowski said:

This just isn't true. If they had worse QB play they wouldn't even be in situations where luck could get them a win. They'd just be really bad, like we are. 

Watson is providing them with average to above average QB play. The result is that they have a good team, who is entertaining, and the franchise is heading in the right direction. The Texans should be a competitive NFL football team for as long as Watson keeps playing like this. If they continue to add around him, particularly upgrading the OL, they could become an elite NFL team. 

And the Bills didn't almost beat them with Allen. He produced next to nothing offensively despite being handed multiple short fields to operate on. Prior to the throw where he got hurt, he had 40 yards passing in roughly 2.5 quarters of play. That's as bad as it gets in the NFL. We were losing when he got hurt. 

I never understand why people have to try and trash what other successful QBs are doing to try and make our steaming pile of you know what look better than they actually are. 

30 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

This just isn't true. If they had worse QB play they wouldn't even be in situations where luck could get them a win. They'd just be really bad, like we are. 

Watson is providing them with average to above average QB play. The result is that they have a good team, who is entertaining, and the franchise is heading in the right direction. The Texans should be a competitive NFL football team for as long as Watson keeps playing like this. If they continue to add around him, particularly upgrading the OL, they could become an elite NFL team. 

And the Bills didn't almost beat them with Allen. He produced next to nothing offensively despite being handed multiple short fields to operate on. Prior to the throw where he got hurt, he had 40 yards passing in roughly 2.5 quarters of play. That's as bad as it gets in the NFL. We were losing when he got hurt. 

I never understand why people have to try and trash what other successful QBs are doing to try and make our steaming pile of you know what look better than they actually are. 

Not trashing Watson at all, but let's say  3 of the games they won by some real luck went the other way..and instead of 6-3, they were 3-6...does opinions of his year change?

21 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Not trashing Watson at all, but let's say  3 of the games they won by some real luck went the other way..and instead of 6-3, they were 3-6...does opinions of his year change?

Nope.

He's still a very good young QB and we'd be lucky to have a QB like him.