DeShAuN wAtSoN iS sTrUgGlInG nOw WiTh TaPe

24 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Amazing how people are criticizing Allen, while he is a rookie on this awful offense.

Give the kid a break. If he is bad when the talent around him actually improves, then get on him.

I know Bills fans are mad as they see the early success of guys like Mahomes and Watson, but you have to realize what those guys have to work with compared to Allen.

Lay off Allen.

Overall agreed but it’s worth noting that the regime that put this terrible offense together also picked Allen.  There are a lot of folks who think Allen was a very shaky pick.

18 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

This 100%.

It's as if the homers think we ENJOY our skepticism (understatement) of Allen.

It sucks! It's not fun. I'd love for you to be wrong. I'd love for Allen to be some kind of freak anomaly who improves accuracy/anticipation issues in the NFL. Sadly, I'm pretty much convinced that you're right.

I hate “being right” about how awful I knew this offense was going to be during the offense. I laughed at people who thought Daboll was an upgrade at OC or Benjamin could be a number 1 receiver.  I would rather have been wrong and been laughed at for being wrong because it would mean the Bills were winning. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I feel bad leaving John all alone on the homer front.  I enjoyed life as a Bills fan better as a homer. I so badly wish I could pretend Josh Allen was a good college Qb, or every offensive personnel by this regime wasn’t a disaster, or we didn’t pass on 2 really good qbs that we didn’t need to trade extra picks for. It would be so much easier.

Haha, when all else fails, blame Whaley.  Do people really think the GM who was going to get fires was given total control of the draft?  

Please do better criticizing.  ;)

53 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Overall agreed but it’s worth noting that the regime that put this terrible offense together also picked Allen.  

I liked Josh Allen a lot going into the draft, but the fact that he was drafted by McBean and Co. is a huge red flag.

5 minutes ago, mannc said:

I liked Josh Allen a lot going into the draft, but the fact that he was drafted by McBean and Co. is a huge red flag.

I hated Allen as a prospect and wish the Jets drafted him.  However if a guy like Reid or proven offensive coach drafted him, that would have opened my eyes.  Instead the group that traded for Kelvin Benjamin and traded up for Zay instead of taking JuJu or Kupp did.  It is terrifying.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

He had a chest injury and couldn’t even fly on the team plane. Plus, we have a pretty good D.

I feel bad leaving John all alone on the homer front.  I enjoyed life as a Bills fan better as a homer. I so badly wish I could pretend Josh Allen was a good college Qb, or every offensive personnel by this regime wasn’t a disaster, or we didn’t pass on 2 really good qbs that we didn’t need to trade extra picks for. It would be so much easier.

Haha, when all else fails, blame Whaley.  Do people really think the GM who was going to get fires was given total control of the draft?  

How soon you forget him bragging when going out the door about him leaving the Bills two number ones.... It was Whaley and I would suspect McClappy may have had an input or two.

9 hours ago, CountDorkula said:

Are you trying to say that the braintrust in charge would ruin franchise QB's based on how they built and coached this team. If that is the case they should be fired right now. 

Hahaha... don't drop that knowledge on him. That's way too logical.

1 hour ago, Spiderweb said:

How soon you forget him bragging when going out the door about him leaving the Bills two number ones.... It was Whaley and I would suspect McClappy may have had an input or two.

It was definitely McDermott. I don't think we know how that remark was made. 

No one is giving the GM control of the draft then firing that guy the day after. I mean, maybe they would. They did try to spin it as reinventing the NFL calendar, and that's too stupid of a claim for me to believe anyone would genuinely make it.

11 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

It really isnt actually......

And if the QB that we actually chose pans out.....there are gonna be a lot of stupid looking punchbowl pisser's on this board scrambling for their excuse for how they are behaving now.

This thread isn't about whether our guy works out. 

13 hours ago, BringBackOrton said:

Oh boy.  I do declare the rumors of Watson's demise were greatly exaggerated.

Here's what our beautiful boy out of Clemson is doing through 8 games:

5-3 as a starter, 3 game-winning drives

2389 passing yards, 10th in the NFL

17 passing TD's (tied for 8th with Tom Brady)

7 INT's (tied with Brady and Mahomes)

Passer rating 100.8 (tied for 10th with Cam)

All while being the second most sacked QB in the NFL.

If Mahomes wasn't breaking records, Watson would be the talk of the second year QB town.  Imagine passing on two franchise QB's in one draft.  Couldn't be me.

Watson is a decent QB thus far....but you cherry picked some stats here.  He is actually now SIX and 3 as the starter but ALL 6 of those wins have been against teams with a losing record except 5-4 Miami....at home.  3 Game winning drives?  Anyone remember the "Drive" he had after the Colts failed on 4th Down in Overtime?  Or the "drive" he had when the Cowboys decided not to go for it.....in overtime?  Impressive stuff.   Watson's last 4 yardage totals.  177,139,239.213.  He hasn't thrown for over 300 yards in a NON OVERTIME game since a week 3 loss to the Giants.  He does only have 7 INTS, but he also has substantially fewer attempts than Brady and Mahomes.  Passer Rating continues to be the single most garbage stat out there....try QBR of 60.2 Watson..good for 16th in the NFL...or exactly AVERAGE.  ....also worth mentioning Watson is 2nd in the NFL with 7 fumbles.  ...and only 1 rushing TD....Brady and Mahomes each have 2.  

21 minutes ago, Zerovotlz said:

Watson is a decent QB thus far....but you cherry picked some stats here.  He is actually now SIX and 3 as the starter but ALL 6 of those wins have been against teams with a losing record except 5-4 Miami....at home.  3 Game winning drives?  Anyone remember the "Drive" he had after the Colts failed on 4th Down in Overtime?  Or the "drive" he had when the Cowboys decided not to go for it.....in overtime?  Impressive stuff.   Watson's last 4 yardage totals.  177,139,239.213.  He hasn't thrown for over 300 yards in a NON OVERTIME game since a week 3 loss to the Giants.  He does only have 7 INTS, but he also has substantially fewer attempts than Brady and Mahomes.  Passer Rating continues to be the single most garbage stat out there....try QBR of 60.2 Watson..good for 16th in the NFL...or exactly AVERAGE.  ....also worth mentioning Watson is 2nd in the NFL with 7 fumbles.  ...and only 1 rushing TD....Brady and Mahomes each have 2.  

You play who is on the schedule babe.

16 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Imagine what he would look like here in Buffalo with this line and these weapons.....

/thread

His line is not great...PFF has their line as.... Dead freaking last. Keep lying for the Bills though. 

/You never will stop making excuses for them, will you?

2 hours ago, Zerovotlz said:

yes, you do.  He lost to the Giants at home.

Vikings must be the worst team in the league, huh....wait. 

Terribly dumb point.

Edited by Elite Poster
  • Like (+1) 1

i have not read the whole thread, and this is not an indictment of Watson per se..but the Texans are the luckiest 6-0 team in the history of 6 game win streaks. Truly SHOULD have lost 3 of those games, could have lost two and should have tied 1. And more than a few of those games against awful teams.

I can tell you from a betting standpoint, I will focus on their games this season, and I know way to early but can almost call a big regression in 19