DeShAuN wAtSoN iS sTrUgGlInG nOw WiTh TaPe

4 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Same here. I was Watson all the way.

Ditto here. Only difference being I wanted either Mahommes or Watson and I was initially estatic that we were getting one of them. Thanks to Whaley, the joke was on us.

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Sure. I'd take a QB pretty much every year, or every other year until you hit one.

Usually if you find a good one, you usually know you've found one very early on in their career. 

Most guys show they're good very quickly. 

We won't take one this year, but we definitely need to pour resources into the offense. Then if Allen doesn't show signs of life you go all in on taking a QB in 2020 which is shaping up to be an excellent year to need a QB. 

i don't have any problem with this.  i'm curious about allen.  i was someone who didn't want him to play this year, but at the same time, i'm disappointed we can't watch any progression, or lack thereof.  

1 hour ago, BringBackOrton said:

Oh boy.  I do declare the rumors of Watson's demise were greatly exaggerated.

Here's what our beautiful boy out of Clemson is doing through 8 games:

5-3 as a starter, 3 game-winning drives

2389 passing yards, 10th in the NFL

17 passing TD's (tied for 8th with Tom Brady)

7 INT's (tied with Brady and Mahomes)

Passer rating 100.8 (tied for 10th with Cam)

All while being the second most sacked QB in the NFL.

If Mahomes wasn't breaking records, Watson would be the talk of the second year QB town.  Imagine passing on two franchise QB's in one draft.  Couldn't be me.

And yet, Josh Allen outplayed him in just his fifth NFL start.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

And yet, Josh Allen outplayed him in just his fifth NFL start.

Joshy boy of 2 TD:5 INT fame.  Oh goodness, Watson may not even get a second contract.

EJ outplayed Cam Newton once upon a time.  Cam's career ended right then and there, and EJ went on to win an MVP award in 2015.

Edited by BringBackOrton
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, njbuff said:

Tom Brady wouldn't succeed with this historically talentless offense, so I am giving Allen a pass till he has actual talent to work with.

Joe Montana in his prime would suck with this offense.

In 2000, the year he was drafted, history had shown Tom Brady wouldn’t develop into a good QB. 

Can’t argue with what history shows. Ever.

So it is written, so it shall be done.

1 hour ago, 2003Contenders said:

How quickly we forget the crap-fest Watson put on against our very own Bills a few weeks ago. Fortunately for him, Nate Peterman came in for an injured Josh Allen and sealed the deal.

He had a chest injury and couldn’t even fly on the team plane. Plus, we have a pretty good D.

45 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

No greater homer exists on all of TBD.  None.  Miss on potentially 2 franchise QBs in 2017? Nope, not Coach McD's fault. 

I feel bad leaving John all alone on the homer front.  I enjoyed life as a Bills fan better as a homer. I so badly wish I could pretend Josh Allen was a good college Qb, or every offensive personnel by this regime wasn’t a disaster, or we didn’t pass on 2 really good qbs that we didn’t need to trade extra picks for. It would be so much easier.

22 minutes ago, Spiderweb said:

Ditto here. Only difference being I wanted either Mahommes or Watson and I was initially estatic that we were getting one of them. Thanks to Whaley, the joke was on us.

Haha, when all else fails, blame Whaley.  Do people really think the GM who was going to get fires was given total control of the draft?  

• Like (+1) 2

Amazing how people are criticizing Allen, while he is a rookie on this awful offense.

Give the kid a break. If he is bad when the talent around him actually improves, then get on him.

I know Bills fans are mad as they see the early success of guys like Mahomes and Watson, but you have to realize what those guys have to work with compared to Allen.

Lay off Allen.

49 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

No greater homer exists on all of TBD.  None.  Miss on potentially 2 franchise QBs in 2017? Nope, not Coach McD's fault. 

It really isnt actually......

And if the QB that we actually chose pans out.....there are gonna be a lot of stupid looking punchbowl pisser's on this board scrambling for their excuse for how they are behaving now.

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

Imagine what he would look like here in Buffalo with this line and these weapons.....

/thread

Are you trying to say that the braintrust in charge would ruin franchise QB's based on how they built and coached this team. If that is the case they should be fired right now. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, njbuff said:

Amazing how people are criticizing Allen, while he is a rookie on this awful offense.

Give the kid a break. If he is bad when the talent around him actually improves, then get on him.

I know Bills fans are mad as they see the early success of guys like Mahomes and Watson, but you have to realize what those guys have to work with compared to Allen.

Lay off Allen.

The instant grat crowd will not approve of this message

.........even if its the truth

Just now, CountDorkula said:

Are you trying to say that the braintrust in charge would ruin franchise QB's based on how they built and coached this team. If that is the case they should be fired right now. 

Im saying that if you just switched the QBs.....and nothing else about the teams....BOTH of those QBs would be struggling here in Buffalo

1 hour ago, BringBackOrton said:

Oh boy.  I do declare the rumors of Watson's demise were greatly exaggerated.

Here's what our beautiful boy out of Clemson is doing through 8 games:

5-3 as a starter, 3 game-winning drives

2389 passing yards, 10th in the NFL

17 passing TD's (tied for 8th with Tom Brady)

7 INT's (tied with Brady and Mahomes)

Passer rating 100.8 (tied for 10th with Cam)

All while being the second most sacked QB in the NFL.

If Mahomes wasn't breaking records, Watson would be the talk of the second year QB town.  Imagine passing on two franchise QB's in one draft.  Couldn't be me.

Again its all in context. If the Bills had Hopkins and Fuller(now on IR) as their WR's pretty sure the QB would look better.

It all works in conjunction. Rodgers has looked bad at times he had people injured too...so has Brady. At the end of the day the Bills lack of weapons and piss poor pass blocking is making the QB look worse than they otherwise would.

9 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

He had a chest injury and couldn’t even fly on the team plane. Plus, we have a pretty good D.

I feel bad leaving John all alone on the homer front.  I enjoyed life as a Bills fan better as a homer. I so badly wish I could pretend Josh Allen was a good college Qb, or every offensive personnel by this regime wasn’t a disaster, or we didn’t pass on 2 really good qbs that we didn’t need to trade extra picks for. It would be so much easier.

Haha, when all else fails, blame Whaley.  Do people really think the GM who was going to get fires was given total control of the draft?  

This 100%.

It's as if the homers think we ENJOY our skepticism (understatement) of Allen.

It sucks! It's not fun. I'd love for you to be wrong. I'd love for Allen to be some kind of freak anomaly who improves accuracy/anticipation issues in the NFL. Sadly, I'm pretty much convinced that you're right.

• Like (+1) 1