My Answer to a Question Murph asked P. King “Is Buffalo missing something with approach to Offense?”

42 minutes ago, CookieG said:

Yes, he was and it was a really nice surprise, considering how little experience he had in designing a game plan.

One of the smartest things he did, and it can't be stressed enough...he went with what had worked and improved on it.

He saw that Greg Roman's playbook for the running game was working, it needed refinement. Much of the refinement came in from just getting the plays in the huddle on time.

But he knew the team could run the ball and didn't try to screw things up by changing the system. Then we had Dennison, who changed to a stretch play dominant offense because....he never ran another offense and had no desire to learn another.

Lynn doesn't run the same playbook in LA now because he has different personnel and it would be foolish to waste Rivers' talents.

There's a reason Lynn is a head coach now, and that his team is successful.

Fwiw , Lynn took over in season. It was much too late to install anything new. His playcalling and philosophy was pretty good, but he was running Romans offense. 

17 hours ago, CookieG said:

Yes, he was and it was a really nice surprise, considering how little experience he had in designing a game plan.

One of the smartest things he did, and it can't be stressed enough...he went with what had worked and improved on it.

He saw that Greg Roman's playbook for the running game was working, it needed refinement. Much of the refinement came in from just getting the plays in the huddle on time.

But he knew the team could run the ball and didn't try to screw things up by changing the system. Then we had Dennison, who changed to a stretch play dominant offense because....he never ran another offense and had no desire to learn another.

Lynn doesn't run the same playbook in LA now because he has different personnel and it would be foolish to waste Rivers' talents.

There's a reason Lynn is a head coach now, and that his team is successful.

He doesn't run the same offense but there's defintely elements of it they run alot of misdirection plays.

Edited by BillsFan1988

17 hours ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

In my opinion it doesn't matter if you're a defensive minded HC or not, that's what the OC is for, there have been plenty of successful DC... Coughlin, Belichick, Fox, Billick, the list goes on but you need to find the right OC, do we have that in Daboll? I'm going to say no, I see nothing innovative about his offenses even with what he has top work with at least try new things.

This team has absolutely zero talent at the QB position.

Look no further than that if you're trying to understand why the offense sucks.

20 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I can't evaluate him given the poor talent he's been given to work with this season.  For me, he deserves a chance to work with real talent next season to see what he can do.

Its tough for us.... but one would hope those more in the know would have a better grasp on his play design, teaching, etc.... 

On ‎11‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 2:57 PM, Fadingpain said:

I am on board with McBeane's immediate dismissal, as that will save us time in the long run.

It would also be great if Pegula ordered them to take a QB with our coming high first round pick for when Allen busts.  That will save us some time too at least in terms of having a backup shot at QB.  Doesn't mean the newly drafted QB will be any better but gotta keep taking QBs until we have one.

This whole thing is on pace to end at the end of next season, then more regime change, then more personnel change to make the new HC happy, etc.  

I'm just trying to save some time here. 

And YES, I would ONLY consider young, offensive minded HC candidates.  Not because that is totally necessary, but b/c I think it gives an advantage and creates the greatest chance for success.

I don't think Mcbeane is going anywhere but I do tend to agree with you.  This year has been such a failure on offense, some of the numbers are absolutely mind boggling.  I heard on the radio if you take away the Vikings game, thru 8 games we have only scored 16 points in the first half.  How is that even possible?  We are on pace for 15 offensive TDS this year, we had over 40 the past two years.  Neither the 17 or 16 version of the Bills were not an offensive juggernaut.  Hopefully Pegs has some guts at the end of the year & tells the boys from Carolina to pack their bags & don't come back but my guess he will give them another to show their incompetence & fire them after the 19 season.