Gary Kubiak for OC Next Season?

1 hour ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Just a thought that I had. McDermott needs to find a guy that can let him be more "hands off," for lack of a better term, on offense. McDermott knows defense, and seems to have the right leadership skills to be a HC. But we need someone who truly can run the whole show on that side of the ball to let McD do what he does best. Kubiak just seems to be the guy that would fit that, as he's run a full team, so could run the offense quite well. 

Not sure he'd take the job, or if we'd be interested. Just thought I'd throw it out there.

Team needs to learn how to block, and how to get open.  Until they do that - it doesn't matter much.  You can't always scheme something.  Talent usually trumps scheme. 

The most necessary and important coaching change MUST BE getting rid of the 25-year WR coach who is currently "playing" QB coach. What a joke. I know he must love Jesus but that doesn't make him the most qualified to teach and tutor and mentor a young, first round draft pick. Dumbest of all the team's decisions. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

I like this idea. Basically that's what I was getting at. Kubiak was just the first name that came to mind that didn't already have a HC job at the moment. 

The problem is can we sway him into coming in as an OC/offensive Guru . Pegs should open the check book make him a great offer 5yrs 25mil. Thats head coach money. 

Arians had health issues before he quit . We can talk him into a less pressure situation by running the full show on offense. Maybe he takes the job. If not then kick Mcd to the curb and give him the HC job if he is up to it.

• Like (+1) 1

Actually, I'd like to see Payton Manning work with Allen during the off-season. I think the Bills should check into it. The knowledge he has far out weighs what we got at

OC & qb coach. Bring in Zay & our other receivers too.  Work them about 2-3 months and I'm confident we'd see a big difference.   JMHO.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, RevWarRifleman said:

Actually, I'd like to see Payton Manning work with Allen during the off-season. I think the Bills should check into it. The knowledge he has far out weighs what we got at

OC & qb coach. Bring in Zay & our other receivers too.  Work them about 2-3 months and I'm confident we'd see a big difference.   JMHO.

I’d take Peyton as our qb.  And great players tend to be terrible coaches.  Plus, Peyton has a ton of commercials to film.

4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I’d take Peyton as our qb.  And great players tend to be terrible coaches.  Plus, Peyton has a ton of commercials to film.

I disagree with lumping Payton with other former players that went into coaching. I've seen video on him working with young receivers and he has a very good temprament

and communication skills.

43 minutes ago, BillsFan1988 said:

I was thinking bout something like this but instead of Kubiak how bout Arians. Hire Arians make him assistant HC/QB/OC coach. Give him full autonmy of the offense even let him help choosing the players we get in the draft and free agency on offense. 

Arians is a perfect coach to develop Allen. His system is custom made for him with all those intermediate and deep passes in his offense. He also helped develop QBs such as Big Ben & Luck and he also had a big influence on rejuvenating Carson Palmers career. 

This is a no brainer even if u have to fire Mcd to do it. 

Love Arians, id risk it all for him to be our HC too.  Ultimate football guy with a great record of running offenses. 

11 minutes ago, RevWarRifleman said:

I disagree with lumping Payton with other former players that went into coaching. I've seen video on him working with young receivers and he has a very good temprament

and communication skills.

This is my problem with taking the guy with great physical skills and accuracy issues.  I’m sure Allen is a great listener and hard worker.  But those mechanical issues are really hard to change once the real bullets start flying. 

• Like (+1) 1

Yes, a top notch OC would be great.  However, it doesn't matter who the OC is if you don't provide him with acceptable resources to work with.  Draft offensive linemen high for a change and/or bring in free agents whose names are not Newhouse, get rid of linemen like Wind Mills, who never improve over time, and let the young guys get minutes, and come up with receivers who can really play (other teams do).  Get high grade resources in place and you might be amazed at what your OC can produce.

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

This is my problem with taking the guy with great physical skills and accuracy issues.  I’m sure Allen is a great listener and hard worker.  But those mechanical issues are really hard to change once the real bullets start flying. 

You raise a good point C. But, reps my friend, reps. De-program the young man's mind of bad habits with plenty of reps & good expertise.

Hard pass.

Remember the guy we fired last season, Rick Dennison? He was Kubiak's OC and followed him around for years. Kubiak's offense is outdated. 

It's laughable here in Denver (to me, whose second favorite team is whoever plays the Broncos) that they would want Kubiak to come back. The Broncos last year with Kubiak, fans hated him and his offense. He ran the exact same offense as Dennison. 

1 minute ago, Colorado said:

Hard pass.

Remember the guy we fired last season, Rick Dennison? He was Kubiak's OC and followed him around for years. Kubiak's offense is outdated. 

It's laughable here in Denver (to me, whose second favorite team is whoever plays the Broncos) that they would want Kubiak to come back. The Broncos last year with Kubiak, fans hated him and his offense. He ran the exact same offense as Dennison. 

...and wasn't the recently fired McCoy from the same tree, the same McCoy many wanted here?...........

5 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

I'd rather try and identify the next Sean McVay than another old coach

Matt Lafleur is a name to watch.

He's not gonna make a lateral move, but I think we'll be looking for a HC in the not too distant future.

5 hours ago, CuddyDark said:

IDK. He said he wanted to OC because HC'ing is too much on him physically. It's been speculated he'd OC for Denver when he's healthy enough.

Asked a different way, “why would a vulnerable McDermott, hire an alpha in Kubiak?” That feels risky.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Oh man...OC?  No way.  If he is healthy, make him super rich as HC, Kim!

Let McD be DC, or whatever.  Get him out of the draft room ASAP.

3 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Kubiak is closely associated with Elway.  He's not coming to Buffalo

I bet he would love to finally step away from that boob Elway...