What Do You Want To See the Rest of the Year?

I made a thread right before week one asking what you wanted to see this year if we were as bad as people predicted. Well, we're past the halfway mark, and it turns out, we're not as bad as people predicted. We're worse.

That being said, from this point forward, what's gonna keep you coming back for the next seven games? Aside from the whole "I'm always a fan" answers. When you watch, what are you looking for? What could happen from this point forward that will at least give you hope for the next season(s)? 

I want to see more of Josh Allen and improvement of the offense.

Even some improvement won't give me much faith in Daboll, though. He's been a complete failure and is probably not ready to be a NFL OC. I would start researching new OC candidates if I was in the Bills' FO.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LeGOATski said:

Even some improvement won't give me much faith in Daboll, though. He's been a complete failure and is probably not ready to be a NFL OC. I would start researching new OC candidates if I was in the Bills' FO.

Right. McDermott needs to find a guy that can let him be more "hands off," for lack of a better term, on offense. McDermott knows defense, and seems to have the right leadership skills to be a HC. But we need someone who truly can run the whole show on that side of the ball to let McD do what he does best.

I think the obvious one is to see Allen play well.

Besides that, maybe see Zay Jones take another step?

Any improvement from younger players on the offensive side of the ball would be a plus, with Allen being number 1 of course.

Edited by billsfan11
  • Like (+1) 2

Josh allen to play, play well and develop a rapport with Zay, Croom and the RBs.  Edmunds to show no ill effects from his concussion and continue to improve.  The defense to continue to improve.  For our FO to add a diamond in the rough free agent that can help us long term.  

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

I gotta call BS on this.  We have no idea how good/bad Daboll is.  The offensive roster is horrendous.  Period.  Anyone breathing oxygen before the season knew this immediately, outside of your typical 25% Chris Brown educated homer fan base segment of Bills fans.  Beane has been a complete failure in this regard, except that Beane probably isn't a failure either.  Because they are tanking.  On purpose.  Period.  This is an atrocious group of offense players.  Daboll has no chance with them as a unit.  And Beane couldn't be this stupid as to think this roster was NFL Caliber.

The only beef anyone can have this year, guessing that the team's philosophy is finishing last year's attempted tank, is that the way to groom a highly drafted quarterback probably isn't to gut all of his weapons and help.

Other than that, this team has no chance.  The Vikings have to be kicking themselves by losing to the Bills.  Absolute horrendous loss. 

Edited by Lv-Bills

The defense has looked good so I will focus my comments on the offense:

I want to see Josh Allen, Jason Croom , Zay Jones, and Marcus Murphy continue to play and improve. I want them to get the bulk of the reps at their positions. lets see if they are the future.

I want to see if Terrell Pryor has a future with the Bills beyond this disaster of a season.

I want our young backups and rookies,  particularly on the Offensive line to start and improve.

I want to see the FO and the coaching staff treat the rest of the season like it is preseason. Get the young guys out there and see what they got. If they can do that then at least something good will come of this season.

Unlike a lot of posters I am not enraged about what is going on. I expected suckage (albeit not this much suckage) but I will not tolerate another season of  "we are young blah blah" get the kids on the field now so we don't have to suffer through it next year.

This season is shot anyway.

Free agency can plug the O-line and should land us good/decent receiver. Coupled with a decent draft there should be no more of the "growing" rebuilding" etc excuses

• Like (+1) 1

I wanna see the Bills lose the rest of their games this season while Josh Allen continues to improve...if that sounds like a contradiction, it is, but that is my dream scenario...this team simply needs as much draft capital as they can get to help them keep improving the next few years.

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 1

more punting on 4th and inches at the other team's 40 yard line.  no, scratch that, I want them to punt on 3rd down.  maybe when bojorkez or whatever comes back they can employ multiple punter formations, it's the exact sort of offensive innovation that i'd expect by McMoron

i also want to see more vigorous clapping after every penalty and negative play.  I'm yearning for it in fact

more street free agents.  i mean they could do worse, like they are currently.  don't tell me there aren't hundreds if not thousands of al bundys and uncle ricos in WNY that would give anything to have one more shot.  maybe get that rudy guy from notre dame, that would be a great story

43 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

I made a thread right before week one asking what you wanted to see this year if we were as bad as people predicted. Well, we're past the halfway mark, and it turns out, we're not as bad as people predicted. We're worse.

That being said, from this point forward, what's gonna keep you coming back for the next seven games? Aside from the whole "I'm always a fan" answers. When you watch, what are you looking for? What could happen from this point forward that will at least give you hope for the next season(s)? 

I'm sure Josh Allen coming back healthy would get most to watch... The Bills have to start doing something creative on offense to get into the end zone and it doesn't look like Daboll has any tricks up his sleeve, I mean we were down 31-3 and he finally did a reverse? It went for negative yards, I want to see wildcat, or philly special, statue of freaking liberty, flea flicker I don't care what it is you find a way to score. If benjamin is part of the problem (Which he clearly is) then you give more playing time to Pryor or the young guy you just signed, make Zay Jones the #1 WR, time to start thinking outside the box and if Daboll isn't an outside the box thinker then lets get someone who is.

Peterman cut, Castillo fired, Crossman fired, a backup QB, Benjamin waived bye bye to, Vlad gone, Bodine gone, Mills gone, I want a ticker tape parade for Kyle Williams wishing him farewell and thanking him for his contributions to the team, no one has suffered more than the fans, but Kyle made the Bills watchable and I never stopped rooting for him.   

I want Gaines gone, Zo gone (we'll miss him but he's a liability on defense).    Shaq traded, none of our WRs do I want back other than Zay Jones, and if a team was offering a G or C straight up I'd consider it.    

Still not sure how this is year 2 of  a rebuild when basically I want to nuke the entire offense.