Peterman actually played quite well!

Rubes

12 minutes ago, MDH said:

If this is what you have to resort to in an attempt to save face, have at it.  You are wrong about why teams pass more, just own up to it and move on.

you said “GOOD OFFENSES ALWAYS PASS MORE THAN RUN.” 

i provided multiple examples where it’s not only false but the coaches deliberately articulate a desire for balance. 

So yeah, you’re wrong and face saving on a chat board against incorrect statements really isn’t an issue here. 

Words means things....  use different ones if you mean different things. 

23 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

you said “GOOD OFFENSES ALWAYS PASS MORE THAN RUN.” 

i provided multiple examples where it’s not only false but the coaches deliberately articulate a desire for balance. 

So yeah, you’re wrong and face saving on a chat board against incorrect statements really isn’t an issue here. 

Words means things....  use different ones if you mean different things. 

it's been a passing dominant sport for the last 35 years

why you would want to argue this is beyond anyone who has something to do today

What people need to realize (myself included) is that Peterman has been yanked around worse than any QB I've ever seen in my life.

Think of all the times we've seen him play. Now think about how many times the coaches have ACTUALLY stuck by him and allowed him to develop in any way, not just in words or a roster spot, but in actions.

2017:

1. Got cleanup duty in the Saints game last year when Tyrod had thrown for a whopping 56 yards through 3 quarters. Came in, went 7/10 with 1 TD. (1 Total Quarter)

2. Because in 1 quarter he did more than Tyrod did in 3, he gets the nod to start against San Diego, on the road, against a monster pass rush. First 2 INT's not his fault, but panics & tries to do too much, leading to his infamous 5 INT's in 1 half. Gets yanked. (2 Total Quarters)

3. Tyrod playing miserably again, throwing for 65 yards & 1 INT through 3 quarters against the Patriots. Tyrod gets injured in the 4th, Peterman comes in & posts a better Passer Rating and no INT's to close out the game. (1 Total Quarter)

4. Starts a couple weeks later in the Blizzard Bowl vs the Colts due to Tyrod's injury. Somehow throws a TD in that mess to put us in the lead. No INT's in those conditions, but goes down in the 3rd quarter due to injury. (2.5 Total Quarters)

So for year 1, he didn't play a single full game, and had a combined 6.5 quarters of playing time. Only 1 bad game, 1 pretty good game, and 2 solid closings of games where he out performed our starter's entire game in 1 quarter (I know, cleanup duty, just saying ).

2018:

***Prologue*** 

Gets the "Earned the starting job" acknowledgement from coaching staff & is projected to be our season-long starter at the position while Allen gets up to speed & has time to develop. Team even trades away offseason signing McCarron to publicly show how supposedly "confident" they are in him. Coach says it's the right move for the team. All the while, analysts, "experts," and unbiased fans point out the horrendous line & WR corps that was painfully neglected, and worry that it won't matter who's behind center as they're likely to get crushed & have little help.

1. Starts against a very good Ravens defense on the road (as of right now, Ravens are #6 overall in defense, #7 in passing defense). Ravens stuff the running & passing game, Peterman can't move the ball, throwing 1 INT in the first half. WR's dropping balls, O-line getting sliced & giving up 3 sacks to that point, 6 for the game, special teams giving up big plays & punter fumbling balls, defense not stopping anything. 3rd quarter starts & Peterman throws another INT trying to get the ball to Benjamin (who barely even attempts to catch the ball). Yanked. (2 Total Quarters)

***Game 1 Epilogue***

McDermott names Allen the starter for week 2 against the Chargers. Why? "It's the right move." He elaborated by saying "It's the right move for the team," and "It's the right move at the right time." When pressed further, he detailed "It's the right move." Later, when asked how he came to that decision, he explained "It's the right move." Though just a week prior, naming Peterman the starter was the right move & what was best for the team. Now, a week later, he made another "right move," like coaches often do swapping QB's week to week. Full interview here - https://www.buffalobills.com/video/sean-mcdermott-it-s-the-right-move-for-our-team

2. Playing on the road in Houston, Allen looking bad all game having thrown for only 45 yards, but defense keeping it close. Allen gets off 1 good deep pass for 39 yards, then goes down with injury on the next play. Peterman comes in with only a couple mins left, get within FG range & cuts their lead to 6-10. 4th quarter starts, defense recovers a fumble, Peterman throws our only TD of the game, finally giving us the lead at 13-10. Get the ball back with 1:34 left to play in the game on our own 25. Just have to protect the lead. Ravens have 3 timeouts, time to make em burn them. Nope. Throw the ball, pass incomplete. Follow up throw, pick-6. Now we have to throw, only 1:16 left to drive the field. Then with only 35 seconds left, throws 2nd INT (with 35 secs game was lost anyway). Combination of crappy play calling, poor Allen play, Peterman INT's, and Special Teams lost us the game. Still had better QBR than Allen. (1 Total Quarter)

3. Derek Anderson starts vs the Patriots. Defense keeping it reasonable, Offense looks as miserable as ever. Anderson fumbles, Pats go up 12-6. We punt, Pats drive the field & score first TD, going up 18-6. Two score game, Anderson throws pick-6. Last drive of the game, Peterman comes in with 1:20 left in the 4th, with the Bills facing 3rd & 32. Throws 2 completions, game over. (1 Total Minute)

4. Gets the start against Chicago by default. Allen injured, not-even-on-the-team-for-1-month Anderson injured, our only other previous option traded before the season for a 5th round pick (who would need a 3rd QB when you have to incumbent stars already?), so Peterman unceremoniously shoved back into action. He's playing fine, rushing game getting destroyed, defense & ST blowing plays, then throws pass to Terrelle Pryor who juggles the ball & practically hands it to Chicago for an INT. Next possession pass to Jones who gets hit early (appears to be PI), tipped ball INT returned for TD. Bills down 21-0. Another blown ST play on punt the next drive, leads to a TD with 44 secs left in half. Down 28-0 going into 3rd. Benjamin & Co. dropping more passes including a TD pass right in the hands. Eventually throws 3rd INT attempted to get the ball to Benjamin (common theme on many of his INT's). Game well out of hand, but defense holds them to 3 points. Peterman scores lone TD of the game, ends the game as our rushing leader (never a good sign) with 46 yards & 1 TD. (4 Total Quarters)

So for year 2, he finally got ONE full game in just this past week, with a total of 7 quarters for the season. As much as we may feel like we've seen too much of him, the guy only had his first full game 3 days ago. In his 1 & a half seasons here, he has played a combined 13.5 quarters spread out over 8 games. Now if you saw that without even looking at stats or performance, would you HONESTLY believe that anyone, let alone Peterman, was being given a fair shake or proper development? If you were told the Bills would draft a 1st round rookie QB, and that they'd evaluate his worth over 13 quarters spread over 8 games in 2 seasons, would you think the coaching staff & management were putting them in a position to succeed? 

Hell no. And this is coming from a guy who does not think Peterman is the answer in any way, nor do I believe he's some underappreciated player who would've been great had he not been yanked around. All I'm doing is laying out the facts, and showing this coaching staff doesn't understand the position. They preach "trust the process," yet the way the QB situation has been handled, Nathan Peterman aside, shows they don't even stand by this process. To see them make such glaring mistakes and obvious blunders makes it seem like the only tape they're watching is "The How-To on How-Not-To Handle the QB Position." Step by step, from early this offseason up through now, they're committing every cardinal sin in ruining young QB's.

And considering this is the same guy who was THAT confident in Peterman & his abilities, do you really, honestly trust that he's a good judge to evaluate talent at the QB position? If not, what does that say about his endorsement & confidence in Allen, someone who was known to be the most risky prospect & who needed extensive development to actually translate his athletic talent into pro-worthy skills? I'm not saying Allen CAN'T be a franchise QB, only do you trust McDermott & Co. to be the ones to get that out of him? 

I know I don't.

• Like (+1) 1

The number for the battered spouses hotline is below. Give them a call if you believe peterman has shown any semblance of being an nfl qb. It dont care if you are a pessimist or the ultimate apologist fanboy there is no way you can rationally justify thinking this guy has any place in the nfl. Please seek professional help if you find yourself making excuses for peterman or god forbid thinking he actually played quite well.

800-799-7233

He threw for right at 3 yards per completion i wouldn't call that a very good showing & it shows that the OC was afraid to let him throw for anything more than what he did & why might that be ? 

I don't know why he is still on the team there are other QB's out there that could more than likely put up better showings I would almost rather have EJ back under center than Petermen at least he has the arm strength to stretch the field & make most all the throws that Petermen can't !

I hate it but Nate has been given a lot longer rope than most & he is a good guy great team mate but the writing is on the stat sheet ! 

16 hours ago, BigDingus said:

What people need to realize (myself included) is that Peterman has been yanked around worse than any QB I've ever seen in my life.

*Snipped the long irrelevant summary because he is awful regardless of context.*

In 2017 you forgot that in a single drive he went 1 of 3 for 7 yards, fumbled, had an intentional grounding call, and then threw an INT.

Edited by BuffaloHokie13
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

In 2017 you forgot that in a single drive he went 1 of 3 for 7 yards, fumbled, had an intentional grounding call, and then threw an INT.

Say it isn't so????

Now where is the thread about NP being successful at New Era field?  Well if he plays this week they are on the road......  Oops......