Is Kelvin Benjamin soft? Or does he just not care?

blacklabel

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

No......trotting him out there over and over again knowing that he isnt going to make the plays is the "on purpose"

and yes...its part of the plan.  If it wasnt KB would have been benched and someone like Golden Tate traded for

?

Both, but he wasn't previously soft if that makes sense? He played aggressive early on in his career - see that gif against Richard Sherman that everybody uses in this instance, but still, I couldn't imagine him doing anything like that now.

I think the death of the kid's mom messed him up. He's just doesn't seem completely there right now.

14 minutes ago, eee1776 said:

Have you noticed that He has so idea on where to line up, he has to be told about half the time.

Also this. I've seen Zay do it countless times, so that wasn't a rumor. I think Peterman was telling him where to line up a couple times just this past week.

Edited by Nelius

KB is a player that has packed it in for the year.  Effort is nonexistent.  I kind of find this surprising since this is a contract year for him but with that being said he probably figures since his QBS are pick 6 Peterman & Out of Retirement Anderson his stats are going to be garbage no matter how hard he tries so why bother putting yourself in harms way & getting injured.  There is -0- chance KB will be back next year.  

He is going through the motions to collect this year's paycheck, but is definitely playing to not get hurt so that he will be healthy going into free agency.  He got banged up pretty badly making a catch over the middle against the Chargers last year.  At that point, the team was in the playoff hunt.  He's not going to let that happen again on a team that is going absolutely nowhere.  As a fan of the team, I don't like it, but I understand it as a "business decision."  You can argue that playing poorly in a contract year will result in a lesser deal next year, but getting a serious injury would cost him a lot more.

Yes and yes.

1 hour ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I have never seen a starting WR play so slowwwwww. He is so bad that if our other WR's on this roster can't take his spot then they all need to go.

If KB, Croom, Mills and Ducasse are released at the end of the year it will be the best offseason ever. 

Why did we keep Croom (DOOM) over O'Leary?  

1 hour ago, H2o said:

I think he's more checked out than anything because he knows he won't be on this roster next year. Essentially, I think he's playing to not get hurt. 

....yup.....saving himself for OBJ type money next year as a UFA......GM's are already lining up..................

1 hour ago, msw2112 said:

He is going through the motions to collect this year's paycheck, but is definitely playing to not get hurt so that he will be healthy going into free agency.  He got banged up pretty badly making a catch over the middle against the Chargers last year.  At that point, the team was in the playoff hunt.  He's not going to let that happen again on a team that is going absolutely nowhere.  As a fan of the team, I don't like it, but I understand it as a "business decision."  You can argue that playing poorly in a contract year will result in a lesser deal next year, but getting a serious injury would cost him a lot more.

True but I bet he signs a one year deal with a team like GB, NE, NO.. you know a place with a proven QB and the ability get him the ball.