For years it was either top 5 pick or super bowl

1 hour ago, GimmeSomeProcess said:

People on this board complain about a 7 and 9 record. For years people say either make the playoffs or tank and pick too 5.

No joke, read this crap for years and now the same people who complained about a mediocre finish are the same who are complaining we are so bad. Guys the process has always been code word for tank. Yes this has been a brutal season but that has been the plan 

This is exactly true

but...at the same time I get it.   Bills fans are the best they stick with this team for year of mediocrity.....then get asked to sit through a REAL REBIULD.....when you rebiuld a team you lose at first and that takes even MORE patience.

Fans are being tested....

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

45 years with this team

6 great years with Kelly 88-93

about 6 very good years combined in the other 39

the rest have been trash

nothing new here

at least we have our memories of 88-93

Wish you'd have been there in 64 and 65 as well.

Just now, joesixpack said:

Take a look at what I replied to. You're complaining about throwing the ball TO SOMEONE WHO ISN'T HERE.

Proof positive that you're complaining just to complain.

No, I’m making an example of the kind of offensive mindset we have running the team. 

You need help. It’s really sad that people here have you this worked up.

Just now, Bangarang said:

No, I’m making an example of the kind of offensive mindset we have running the team. 

You need help. It’s really sad that people here have you this worked up.

Worked up?  No. Annoyed? yes.

I deal with stupid people all day as part of my job. So, I take out my aggravation on  the stupid people here. It's actually quite therapeutic.

:thumbsup:

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Worked up?  No. Annoyed? yes.

I deal with stupid people all day as part of my job. So, I take out my aggravation on  the stupid people here. It's actually quite therapeutic.

:thumbsup:

There are mental health professionals that can help. Don’t be afraid to speak with someone. 

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

This is exactly true

but...at the same time I get it.   Bills fans are the best they stick with this team for year of mediocrity.....then get asked to sit through a REAL REBIULD.....when you rebiuld a team you lose at first and that takes even MORE patience.

Fans are being tested....

It's because they're failing at the rebuild. Losing doesn't mean you're succeeding at rebuilding. After 2 offseasons, there is absolutely nothing on the offensive side of the ball, the cupboard is completely bare. That is incredibly alarming. The question the organization needs to ask is if these guys are the right guys to trust with the picks and cap space coming up, and most importantly with the development of a young QB. If they're wrong, it could set the organization back for years.

The organizational progress is what needs to be looked at during a rebuild, not wins and losses and not any kind of given time frame. You shoudn't just say "well, they deserve 3 years" and then not intricately look at how the rebuild is going along the way. It's that development along the way that will determine whether it's going to be successful or not. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GimmeSomeProcess said:

People on this board complain about a 7 and 9 record. For years people say either make the playoffs or tank and pick too 5.

No joke, read this crap for years and now the same people who complained about a mediocre finish are the same who are complaining we are so bad. Guys the process has always been code word for tank. Yes this has been a brutal season but that has been the plan 

Great thread title.

1 hour ago, Skins Malone said:

I hear ya.  The only issue is tanking is great when you need a QB.  You tank to get an Andrew luck.  But now we have Allen.  So what are we tanking for now?  Bosa...Oliver...an olinemen?  Trading down? Tanking just isnt very exciting unless your doing it to get a top QB.  That's just my opinion.

I hear ya but they tried to last year and made the playoffs and went full court press this year. However, they identify their qb and tanking will allow them to snag three draft picks who can instantly contribute. Two of which can be high impact players. 

55 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

No reason? They completely mishandled our QB situation and appear to not have the slightest clue about building a competent offense. 

IMHO, they appear to have more of a clue on their rebuild plan than you have in accurately assessing it

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

It's because they're failing at the rebuild. Losing doesn't mean you're succeeding at rebuilding. After 2 offseasons, there is absolutely nothing on the offensive side of the ball, the cupboard is completely bare. That is incredibly alarming. The question the organization needs to ask is if these guys are the right guys to trust with the picks and cap space coming up, and most importantly with the development of a young QB. If they're wrong, it could set the organization back for years.

The organizational progress is what needs to be looked at during a rebuild, not wins and losses and not any kind of given time frame. You shoudn't just say "well, they deserve 3 years" and then not intricately look at how the rebuild is going along the way. It's that development along the way that will determine whether it's going to be successful or not. 

They are failing at the rebiuld?  LOL

Sir do you even know what a rebiuld is?

Unfortunately this looks to be a bad year to finish with a top 5 pick. Looking at mock drafts the top talent is mostly on the defensive side and there are only 1 or 2 Quarterbacks likely to go in the top 10 (though his could change of course) limiting our potential haul for trading down. It's only November though, so who knows how it'll play out.

18 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

They are failing at the rebiuld?  LOL

Sir do you even know what a rebiuld is?

I know what a successful rebuild is. You seem to think that just means you lose, whether you have a direction with football philosophies that are being built and developed along the way or not. I'm guessing if the site let us go back enough, you've had similar defenses and sets of excuses for a bunch of other failed regimes here as well. 

Edited by HomeskillitMoorman

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive topic titles. A better title will help the community find information faster and make your topic more likely to be read. The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

Just now, John from Riverside said:

Please point me to what you see as a successful rebiuld....lets discuss it

I have a few times but I can do it again. 

It's about organizational progress with talent and coaching, development, and instilling systems. 2 years in, nothing is progressing on the offensive side. The talent is horrific, the system is horrific, and the coaching is horrific. Nothing is in place to make this side of the ball successful. This could literally be the worst offense in NFL history. Are we the only team that's gone through a rebuild ever? And this is happening in the era of offense, where the rules have made moving the ball and scoring easier than ever before. 

You seem to believe that because we're 2-7, the rebuild is working. Not every rebuild is successful, there are plenty of teams that put up a season or 2 of terrible records and their regimes never amount to anything. It's all about what's being done during those rebuilding years. To me, the record doesn't matter, it's about progress on the field. You shouldn't have major deficiencies in all of talent, development, and coaching after 2 years. And really, there's going to be more problems ahead here. A lot of teams have cap space this coming offseason, and those teams need O-line help too. We need 4 legitimate starters on the line still, after this regime has only had the evaluation ability to find 1 in 2 years. We're also going to need skill players at every offensive position, including a WR1. We're also going to need a real offensive coordinator...and nobody with any kind of reputation or other options is going to want to come here if McDermott's still here because he's likely going to be a lame duck next year if he is. 

For being 2 years in, we are way behind on the most important side of the ball in this game and the outlook to resolve all of these issues isn't pretty. Is that successful to you?

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, HomeskillitMoorman said:

I have a few times but I can do it again. 

It's about organizational progress with talent and coaching, development, and instilling systems. 2 years in, nothing is progressing on the offensive side. The talent is horrific, the system is horrific, and the coaching is horrific. Nothing is in place to make this side of the ball successful. This could literally be the worst offense in NFL history. Are we the only team that's gone through a rebuild ever? And this is happening in the era of offense, where the rules have made moving the ball and scoring easier than ever before. 

You seem to believe that because we're 2-7, the rebuild is working. Not every rebuild is successful, there are plenty of teams that put up a season or 2 of terrible records and their regimes never amount to anything. It's all about what's being done during those rebuilding years. To me, the record doesn't matter, it's about progress on the field. You shouldn't have major deficiencies in all of talent, development, and coaching after 2 years. And really, there's going to be more problems ahead here. A lot of teams have cap space this coming offseason, and those teams need O-line help too. We need 4 legitimate starters on the line still, after this regime has only had the evaluation ability to find 1 in 2 years. We're also going to need skill players at every offensive position, including a WR1. We're also going to need a real offensive coordinator...and nobody with any kind of reputation or other options is going to want to come here if McDermott's still here because he's likely going to be a lame duck next year if he is. 

For being 2 years in, we are way behind on the most important side of the ball in this game and the outlook to resolve all of these issues isn't pretty. Is that successful to you?

Where in this babble does this give an example?  PROVIDE A EXAMPLE

1 hour ago, MJS said:

People have completely forgotten about last year. Coming in and getting a talent starved team to the playoffs in year 1 is incredibly impressive.

New coaches, new schemes, many new players, new GM...

Last year, while fun, is completely meaningless to the grand scheme of things- mainly because we have a different QB now...therefore it’s “a whole new ballgame “.

14 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Last year, while fun, is completely meaningless to the grand scheme of things- mainly because we have a different QB now...therefore it’s “a whole new ballgame “.

last year is totally meaningless in the memory after seeing the Jim Kelly years

i hope these people parading around and walking tall about the playoffs last year never mention it to a Pats fan, actually i do....

• Haha (+1) 1