Dez Bryant Signs with the Saints on a 1-Year Deal; Could Be Back in New Orleans in 2019

2 hours ago, billsfan11 said:

He’s 30 years old and coming off a bad year.

Regardless if he was hurt or not, he was never going to get more money or get a longer term than that.

As he has now found out the hard way

Not sure I'd consider this "the hard way".  I think he got exactly what he wanted. 

He is with a contender and the one of the greatest QBs in NFL History.

2 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

Not sure I'd consider this "the hard way".  I think he got exactly what he wanted. 

He is with a contender and the one of the greatest QBs in NFL History.

It was relative to money as you said 3 years 18 total was not a good deal for him.

He now has a 1 year deal probably for the veterans minimum

dammit. I picked dez late in FF draft thinking he would be picked up sooner than this. I dropped him two weeks ago.

This also sucks because I have Michael Thomas in two leagues and Dez may take away opportunities. M. Thomas has been keeping my otherwise shabby team in the hunt.

but Dez is Okstate, so o hope he kicks ass!

On 11/6/2018 at 11:19 PM, Mr. WEO said:

Saints the best team in the NFL.  Running away with it.  Very exciting to watch.  Don't even need Bryant, but will have him anyway.  He's like  cupcake....

I wouldn't put the Saints above the Rams, Chiefs, and Pats. But the Saints are for sure in the conversation with those teams as being an elite Super Bowl contender. The best part about the NFL in my opinion is that you can have 4 teams that are legit contenders but then have several other teams that can get hot and have a shot to contend. I wouldn't rule out the Vikings, Panthers, Chargers, Falcons, and The Steelers in the conversation either. 

28 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

I wouldn't put the Saints above the Rams, Chiefs, and Pats. But the Saints are for sure in the conversation with those teams as being an elite Super Bowl contender. The best part about the NFL in my opinion is that you can have 4 teams that are legit contenders but then have several other teams that can get hot and have a shot to contend. I wouldn't rule out the Vikings, Panthers, Chargers, Falcons, and The Steelers in the conversation either. 

Go ahead and put them there.  They won 7 in a row and beat the Rams last week.  The pats would not bet them today and the Chiefs D is awful--so who wins a shootout, Mahomes or Brees?

You know the answer.

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

Go ahead and put them there.  They won 7 in a row and beat the Rams last week.  The pats would not bet them today and the Chiefs D is awful--so who wins a shootout, Mahomes or Brees?

You know the answer.

I think you are being a prisoner of the moment. The Pats are clutch and in a winner take all one shot game its hard to take them down. The Rams are as complete a team as possible and in a rematch I wouldn't count them out. The Chiefs are the softest of the 4 but in a shootout the Chiefs have as good a talent to do that as anyone. 

6 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

I think you are being a prisoner of the moment. The Pats are clutch and in a winner take all one shot game its hard to take them down. The Rams are as complete a team as possible and in a rematch I wouldn't count them out. The Chiefs are the softest of the 4 but in a shootout the Chiefs have as good a talent to do that as anyone. 

We are talking about who is the best team right now, in this moment.  The Saints have been rolling all season, however.  The Rams are complete?  That D is 12 in yards and 10 in points allowed.  

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Dez Bryant Signs with the Saints on a 1-Year Deal
2 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

By Long haul - was Ian talking about 2 days.

Sucks for Dez, but man you could not write a more expected ending.  Hold out - miss camp and preseason - work out for yourself (by all accounts in pretty good shape) - tear your Achilles because you have lost the flexibility by working on strength.

These guys really need to work on flexibility and stretching muscles when they are not playing.

I see a similar ending for Bell, but with a hammy/groin if he comes back.

?

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Dez Bryant Signs with the Saints on a 1-Year Deal; Could Be Back in New Orleans in 2019
On ‎11‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 2:41 PM, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Link?  Just because he worked out for a team doesn’t mean that he “wanted to sign” there.

He went to a workout in season with the Browns.

You don't go workout for a team if you have no interest signing with them...…….

On ‎11‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 7:33 PM, Mr. WEO said:

You know the answer.

easy. Mahomes.