Dez Bryant Signs with the Saints on a 1-Year Deal; Could Be Back in New Orleans in 2019

4 hours ago, aristocrat said:

saints really going for it.  could this be brees last run?

3 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

I think if they do it that it will be. I definitely think he is seriously considering it if he hasnt decided already. It would explain bringing in Bridgewater and Teddy being happy to have been brought in if they told him he would be taking over very soon.

I don't know, you guys, from everything we've seen in interviews he really seems to want to play a few more years.

His game isn't even dropping off remotely.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I don't know, you guys, from everything we've seen in interviews he really seems to want to play a few more years.

I think this remains to be seen.  It was pretty evident that he was not even close to the same player after his second major foot/ankle injury in 2015.  He did, however, choose a team/QB that could make him look better than he actually is.

2 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I think this remains to be seen.  It was pretty evident that he was not even close to the same player after his second major foot/ankle injury in 2015.  He did, however, choose a team/QB that could make him look better than he actually is.

Sorry, Johnny, I think we were talking about Brees, even though this is the Dez thread.

I could be wrong, but I thought it was about Brees.

17 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Sorry, Johnny, I think we were talking about Brees, even though this is the Dez thread.

I could be wrong, but I thought it was about Brees.

Oh...yeah.  Man, I’m off lately.  Brees looks just as good as he always has.  Maybe even better with his current weapons/scheme.

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/5/2018 at 8:08 PM, Misterbluesky said:

I don't care how much of a prick Sean Peyton is...he has his team play a bit dirty,he's a gambler and it cocky as hell...but he knows talent.If my memory serves me...he got into with his "boss" Mickey Loomis years ago. Tom Benson is shining from the blue sky up above...Saints are the real deal.

Fair assessment. When he’s coaching ballsy, and the team has some swagger - it’s tough to beat them.

lately he’s been real bold with play calls and in game decisions and the teams got a ton of attitude (in the good way). The posing after big plays is getting way over the top (oh a fumble recovery? The whole defense and half the offense runs to the end zone to pose), but it’s right in that sweet spot of playing loose but also intense. The “we are going to bury you and have fun doing it”

6 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I think probably next year. He’s too competitive to let brady get all the records and this teams built for likely 1 maybe 2 more very competitive years before having to re-group 

i think brady will hit a wall first but we will see

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, BigDingus said:

He wanted to sign with CLEVELAND, but they opted not to.

Ridiculous...

Sadly, we are way worse than Cleveland on offense. Normally you'd have a point. I wouldn't have been mad if they signed him, but he's probably looking something like KB with the Bills. With New Orleans, it's one of his best chances to look good.

16 minutes ago, #34fan said:

I hope for the Saint's sake, that it doesn't mean less touches for Kamara. :o

Given the huuuuge workload for kamara and Thomas - anything to keep them fresh for 19-20 games is important. He won’t get a ton but hopefully takes some of those short punishing routes from them

7 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Link?  Just because he worked out for a team doesn’t mean that he “wanted to sign” there.

It's tough to get get guys to sign in Buffalo because of weather/small market issues. That's the cold hard truth.

Maybe we should have made a stronger push to keep the receivers that we had. It's at least a slight advantage that they were already here. 

Edited by LSHMEAB
Cause I screwed up

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Dez Bryant Signs with the Saints on a 1-Year Deal
3 hours ago, NoSaint said:

Given the huuuuge workload for kamara and Thomas - anything to keep them fresh for 19-20 games is important. He won’t get a ton but hopefully takes some of those short punishing routes from them

Not if you have both on your fantasy team.

On 11/5/2018 at 8:21 PM, billsfan11 said:

Ya didn’t he get offered like a 3 year 18 mil contract or something ?

That's a ***** contract for someone like Dez.

I think he played hurt in Dallas and this, "he doesn't have it anymore" chatter is just parrotting.

17 hours ago, BigDingus said:

If he ends up proving everyone wrong, I'm going to be bitter.

Yes, none of our QBs will ever compare to Brees, but a talented WR still playing well, one that was available all offseason and through the regular season, and us not grabbing him when we're trotting out the worst WR corps in the league would be upsetting.

A WR trying to resurrect his career.  Why, in God's name, would he sign in Buffalo?  That would be foolish.

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Dez Bryant Signing with the Saints on a 1-Year Deal
40 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

That's a ***** contract for someone like Dez.

I think he played hurt in Dallas and this, "he doesn't have it anymore" chatter is just parrotting.

A WR trying to resurrect his career.  Why, in God's name, would he sign in Buffalo?  That would be foolish.

He’s 30 years old and coming off a bad year.

Regardless if he was hurt or not, he was never going to get more money or get a longer term than that.

As he has now found out the hard way

Edited by billsfan11

34 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

He’s 30 years old and coming off a bad year.

Regardless if he was hurt or not, he was never going to get more money or get a longer term than that.

As he has now found out the hard way

Also was a pain in the *** in the lockerroom. You could tell everybody was fed up with him on that show all or nothing. Lol a show where the world could see how weird he was and see the writing on the wall.. everybody was walking around with this "stfu Dez" look on their face.

He'd be yelling some weird pump up "speech", equal parts negative and positive and 100% incoherent after week 7 loss and people were just changing, talking to reporters and hitting the showers. He looked like he was talking to himself.

I think it's counterproductive when you're trying to be the leader of the team and are not taken seriously. That level of delusion is worse than just shutting up and letting better player leadership take over rather than talking over the Witten type. Or at least Dak's best effort was getting talked over by some guy nobody respected. Ala nobody bothered to try to be the lockerroom leader and talk over him eventually.

That show is waaaaay too revealing about a team I was shocked they had access to all this to air to the world. Hard Knocks is just about interesting preseason story lines and players in the NFL Fringe. All or nothing is just watching a team with no filter whatsoever.. can't tell if that'd be cool to see on the Eagles in retrospect or something.. but a bad team makes all the parts that make it bad that much more revealing.

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks
  • Like (+1) 1