Peterman might start against the Jets this week - McDermott

wppete

2 hours ago, PittsforDave said:

This coach is as dense as it gets.... 

Who the hell else are they going to start?  DA wasn't brought here to start games, already started two, and is hurt.... The dude from Cinci can't be ready yet.

The GM is the dense one.  He traded McCarron and went into the season with only a rookie and Peterman on the roster.  He knew damn well the O-line sucked and it was highly likely one of his QB's was going to get injured at some point..  Either Beane is totally clueless or he planned on losing most of the games this season.

Edited by Azucho98

4 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

I know it's "AT THIS TIME" dam wtf. He will be here for 2 weeks by the time he would get the start, same amount of time as DA was here before he got the start. He don't have to "appease" me, You said" dumb thread, who else did you think would start",  He's on the dam team so that's who else.

DA got the start his 2nd week but that's too fast for Barkley, lol please. Anyway I don't care who they start, was just throwing another name out there that "could" since you want to belitle another posters thread and call it dumb and ask who else did you think, well that's who.

No, people are using this thread as an attack on McD like hes so stupid for starting NP.  Well he has NOT started NP yet.  As of today, he is the ONLY ready QB.  So TODAY he will say NP.  Period.  To draw any conclusion about McD or this decision is stupid, he is CURRENTLY the ONLY healthy and ready QB.  

If someone else is ready by Sunday, they will start.  But right now they are not, so to WANT him to say someone else name is silly.  He cant, and won't until there is another name that is ready to play.  So yes, stupid thread for how people are using it against McD

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

No, people are using this thread as an attack on McD like hes so stupid for starting NP.  Well he has NOT started NP yet.  As of today, he is the ONLY ready QB.  So TODAY he will say NP.  Period.  To draw any conclusion about McD or this decision is stupid, he is CURRENTLY the ONLY healthy and ready QB.  

If someone else is ready by Sunday, they will start.  But right now they are not, so to WANT him to say someone else name is silly.  He cant, and won't until there is another name that is ready to play.  So yes, stupid thread for how people are using it against McD

So who started game 1?

4 minutes ago, Commsvet11 said:

So who started game 1?

Whats that have to do with anything?  NP earned the shot to play week 1 with his preseason.  He beat out AJM and JA.  

By the way, if anyone actually paid attention, they would have seen that McD said the plan was to start Allen week 1 going into that 3rd preseason game.  But he struggled that game and got dinged up and they decided to try and hold off a little longer given NP had as strong preseason.  They QUICKLY realized that mistake and made the change to Allen during the first game.  

6 hours ago, wppete said:

You cant make this stuff up.

Okay, I just went and watched the PC and it gives me hope.

Looked to me like he really didn't want to answer that question, asked for the question again so he could gather himself, and then he answered "ummm... that would be correct, at this point in time, yes."

I'm hoping and praying that's him hoping Allen or Anderson are ready to go OR he wants to see how much Barkley has grasped on the offense so far.

In the end, I don't think Peterman is on the roster after the bye. ?

5 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

This is exactly why I feel like NP is not getting cut anytime soon—not enough healthy backup QB’s yet with any idea about the playbook. But after JA comes back all bets are off I’m sure. 

i dont think hell get cut regardless..mcdermott is trying to sell that hell show continual improvement he thinks hes an nfl player

11 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Okay, I just went and watched the PC and it gives me hope.

Looked to me like he really didn't want to answer that question, asked for the question again so he could gather himself, and then he answered "ummm... that would be correct, at this point in time, yes."

I'm hoping and praying that's him hoping Allen or Anderson are ready to go OR he wants to see how much Barkley has grasped on the offense so far.

In the end, I don't think Peterman is on the roster after the bye. ?

That's pretty much what I got out of it too I'm just worried that fate or some sort of voodoo curse demands Peterman be on the roster and soon another Bills QB will be injured just before he's gone.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Rebel101 said:

I’m going to this game I hope Allen plays. So I can atleast feel like I got my money’s worth. But I doubt we see Allen until after the bye week

Well, unless you already have season tics,I saw where they were going for 6$, even then I don't know if you would be getting your moneys worth lol

Three touchdown passes, and 12 interceptions. Nearly 10% of his passes have been interceptions. Imagine what Sunday vs. the Bears would have looked like had Khalil Mack been on the field?  There has never been a Buffalo QB more painful to watch than Late Nate Peterman. Bring back Brian Brohm for God's sake. Or that goofball kid who was stocking the fridge for 'Tuh'-rod and Baker Mayfield on Hard Knocks. Bring back EJ Manuel and let C.Biscuit tell us all, "I told you so..."

ANYTHING is better than this!

12 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

This is exactly why I feel like NP is not getting cut anytime soon—not enough healthy backup QB’s yet with any idea about the playbook. But after JA comes back all bets are off I’m sure. 

i doubt allen is back until after the bye. that has probably already been determined.

as to DA playing...why?...you'd probably have to hold a gun to his head and nate didn't play that bad.

i know his ypa was low but,  it's not like he had anyone more than a few yards deep. i also was not too happy with the play calling.

11 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Come on man...this is such a stupid thread.  Who the hell do people think is gonna start if BOTH QB's ahead of Peterman are hurt?  He said "AT THIS POINT AND TIME" meaning if he had to decide now it would be Peterman.  You cant fathom how complicated an NFL offensive playbook is, to just assume Barkley (who isnt very good either) can just magically be ready in just over a week is absurd.  

There is no way McD can know if Barkley will be ready to play Sunday if DA or JA cant play.  Its going to take ALL WEEK to evaluate whether or not Barkley knows the playbook enough to play Sunday if both DA and JA are still out.

So OF COURSE the ONLY QB he can say would play right now is NP because he is the ONLY guy who is both healthy and knows the offense.  So until Barkley either has enough grasp of it or JA/DA come back, NP is the starter.   

what if he sends barkley out and he gets hurt?...then ir'd?  more money down the drain. we aren't in the middle of a playoff push.

23 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

i doubt allen is back until after the bye. that has probably already been determined.

as to DA playing...why?...you'd probably have to hold a gun to his head and nate didn't play that bad.

i know his ypa was low but,  it's not like he had anyone more than a few yards deep. i also was not too happy with the play calling.

Agree. It makes no sense to play Allen until after the bye. Might as well wait until he's 100%.

I honestly don''t think it matters who they pick between Allen, Anderson or even Barkley. The quality of QB play will be very similar.