Peterman might start against the Jets this week - McDermott

wppete

5 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

If he's waived no team will claim him. Not an NFL caliber talent. 

He'll be on a team next year.  He's young, cheap and his agent will very easily make a pitch that he was in a terrible situation here and his agent will be right.  Now that's not an endorsement, but that's what I think will happen. 

Edited by keepthefaith

Just now, keepthefaith said:

He'll be on a team next year.  He's young, cheap and his agent will very easily make a pitch that he was in a terrible situation here and his agent will be right.  Now that's not an endorsement here, but that's what I think will happen. 

In the AAFL?  Sure.

1 minute ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

? ers unite

wake up people it’s a lost season 

Losses would be fine if we knew Allen were playing and getting better. 

Or if he weren't playing, if we knew he had a capable QB coach/guru and/or savvy vet QB with the team who could help him get better.

There would be positives to take away from that.

Right now our situation is legitimately starting to look like McDermott might (deservedly...?) end up getting fired at the end of the season having stuck with Peterman through all the crap.  

As long as McDermott puts Allen back in as soon as he's healthy enough to play and doesn't keep trying to shovel his bloodlines of Peterman and/or Anderson down our throats the rest of the season, I'm good with Losses.

Losses like yesterday are impossible to swallow.

I don't want Josh in there this week under any circumstances. Maybe he's healthy enough to play, but we should be aiming to make his second stint as successful as possible. Give him the buy to get to 100% and time to really nail down a good game plan against the Jags. He needs practice reps. He needs preparation. 

If we bring him back a little early and it doesn't go well, that's only going to further erode his own self-confidence as well as confidence from the coaches and teammates that he can ultimately get it done as a franchise guy. Let's err on the side of caution. We have too much invested in this kid to set him up to fail again.

4 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Barkley would be better than Peterman... even with the little amount of time he's had with us.

That's what I was wondering, why not let him get a go if Allen and DA can't go. I guess it really doesn't matter, I'm just over the Petermen experiment.

2 hours ago, wppete said:

You cant make this stuff up.

Come on man...this is such a stupid thread.  Who the hell do people think is gonna start if BOTH QB's ahead of Peterman are hurt?  He said "AT THIS POINT AND TIME" meaning if he had to decide now it would be Peterman.  You cant fathom how complicated an NFL offensive playbook is, to just assume Barkley (who isnt very good either) can just magically be ready in just over a week is absurd.  

There is no way McD can know if Barkley will be ready to play Sunday if DA or JA cant play.  Its going to take ALL WEEK to evaluate whether or not Barkley knows the playbook enough to play Sunday if both DA and JA are still out.

So OF COURSE the ONLY QB he can say would play right now is NP because he is the ONLY guy who is both healthy and knows the offense.  So until Barkley either has enough grasp of it or JA/DA come back, NP is the starter.   

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Come on man...this is such a stupid thread.  Who the hell do people think is gonna start if BOTH QB's ahead of Peterman are hurt?  He said "AT THIS POINT AND TIME" meaning if he had to decide now it would be Peterman.  You cant fathom how complicated an NFL offensive playbook is, to just assume Barkley (who isnt very good either) can just magically be ready in just over a week is absurd.  

There is no way McD can know if Barkley will be ready to play Sunday if DA or JA cant play.  Its going to take ALL WEEK to evaluate whether or not Barkley knows the playbook enough to play Sunday if both DA and JA are still out.

So OF COURSE the ONLY QB he can say would play right now is NP because he is the ONLY guy who is both healthy and knows the offense.  So until Barkley either has enough grasp of it or JA/DA come back, NP is the starter.   

People keep saying this. Once again, why not Barkley? Is he no longer on the team and I somehow missed it?.

Just now, Patrick_Duffy said:

People keep saying this. Once again, why not Barkley? Is he no longer on the team and I somehow missed it?.

Because he isnt ready...hence Beane saying "AT THIS TIME" it would be Peterman.  He needs to see where Barkley is later in teh week.  He just got here dude, I mean do you know how big an offensive playbook is?  And beyond that, its knowing the lingo which is completely different from team to team.  QB is literally the most difficult position of any sport to come in and play.  

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

Because he isnt ready...hence Beane saying "AT THIS TIME" it would be Peterman.  He needs to see where Barkley is later in teh week.  He just got here dude, I mean do you know how big an offensive playbook is?  And beyond that, its knowing the lingo which is completely different from team to team.  QB is literally the most difficult position of any sport to come in and play.  

It will be 2 weeks by the time he would get the start. I believe (correct me if i'm wrong) 2 weeks was the same time DA was here before he got to the nod, so that should not make too much difference. Besides, pretty much anything would be better to watch than Petermen anyway IMO.

12 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

He'll be on a team next year.  He's young, cheap and his agent will very easily make a pitch that he was in a terrible situation here and his agent will be right.  Now that's not an endorsement, but that's what I think will happen. 

Is he represented by EJs agent?

1 minute ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

It will be 2 weeks by the time he would get the start. I believe (correct me if i'm wrong) 2 weeks was the same time DA was here before he got to the nod, so that should not make too much difference. Besides, pretty much anything would be better to watch than Petermen anyway IMO.

You got that right bcause one Peterman is difficult enough to watch.  :)

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

McD isnt going to put a QB out there to appease you, he is going to put the QB out there most ready to play.  And Barkely hasn't been here even a week yet.  Once again, McD said "AT THIS TIME"...clearly he has not committed to NP, but if he had to TODAY it would HAVE to be NP by being the only healthy QB ready to play.  If Barkely can show he knows enough before the next game, he could try him.  But they are not going to just throw him out there if he doesn't even know the language or the calls.  

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

McD isnt going to put a QB out there to appease you, he is going to put the QB out there most ready to play.  And Barkely hasn't been here even a week yet.  Once again, McD said "AT THIS TIME"...clearly he has not committed to NP, but if he had to TODAY it would HAVE to be NP by being the only healthy QB ready to play.  If Barkely can show he knows enough before the next game, he could try him.  But they are not going to just throw him out there if he doesn't even know the language or the calls.  

I know it's "AT THIS TIME" dam wtf. He will be here for 2 weeks by the time he would get the start, same amount of time as DA was here before he got the start. He don't have to "appease" me, You said" dumb thread, who else did you think would start",  He's on the dam team so that's who else.

DA got the start his 2nd week but that's too fast for Barkley, lol please. Anyway I don't care who they start, was just throwing another name out there that "could" since you want to belitle another posters thread and call it dumb and ask who else did you think, well that's who.

2 hours ago, CodeMonkey said:

What choice does he have?  Obviously Barkley must be looking like complete *****.

Is the Pope Catholic? Does a bear ***** in the woods? You know the drill. 

I thought the Bills giving up less than 200 yds and losing by 32 was a record, and it was. Another record was Peterman's yards per catch for QBs throwing over 30 passes. It really takes a talented front office to conceive an offensive squad this inept. Kudos to McBeane.