McD - we do have wins, although they are not always on the scoreboard. Saw some Bills style football yesterday

Reed83HOF

1 hour ago, jrober38 said:

He might not be what he is, but I guarantee he'd be leaps and bounds better than any QB we have on the roster. 

Mahomes has always been an elite passer. He's a play maker in the pass game and would still be producing even on this offense. 

This is a post you made back in 2017 comparing the class of Trubisky, Mahomes and Watson to the 2013 NFL Draft QB class.

Now you are saying Mahomes has ALWAYS been an elite passer. Perhaps, it wasn’t quite that easy to see back then?

And I’m someone hoping we clean house after the season to bring in an offensive minded coach for Josh Allen. Cause with good coaching and the right talent around him I think he can be like one of those 2017 QBs. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Not true.  He and Beane said repeatedly this is a passing league and its critical you can throw from the pocket.  There is a REASON they took a QB with a big arm...thats to throw.

Some of you cant separate what he wants to do with the only thing this team can do.  We have no passing attack, you act like he CHOOSES not to have it.  Our young QB is hurt, our WR and OL is subpar.  He is trying to run because this team cant currently throw.  Not because he feels we should just be a power run team.

Some of you really need to separate yourselves from this year and get a grip.  Trubisky playing almost a full season only threw SEVEN TD's last year...SEVEN.  Now look at him with new weapons around him to work with and a year under his belt.  Different team now and they are looking to throw more and downfield more despite being a run first team prior because they couldn't throw.  

Good post AD7:

There is a "big picture" element to what is being done that some of us can't see or choose not to. Rather be emotional than analytical. We clearly are the 2017 Bears. and yes teams can go from worst to first. Yes this was expected by The Pegula's, Beane and McDermott. Especially after Wood and Ritchie retired at the same time just weeks before the draft after the decision to draft a QB had already been determined. The fact that we are carrying so much dead cap prevented us from addressing the loss of Eric and Incognito effectively. McCarron was brought in to win the job. He couldn't and didn't want to be 3rd string. Beane dropped the ball on signing a competent WR in the offseason again because of the salary cap and the day he traded McCarron he should have signed a vet QB for JA.  And anyone that revels in the fact that Mahommes is the next GOAT, need to consider who he had at RB,WR AND TE. the Chiefs have a fantastic O-line and are loaded at the skill position on the offense. Any QB would look good in a Chiefs uniform this season, just as any QB would look pathetic in a Bills uniform. This season was expected to be bad. It stinks, It's no fun. But people really need to stop looking for the nearest bridge and chill. And gear up for 2019.

Edited by DRA3196
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 hours ago, jrober38 said:

No surprise here.

We have a HC who ignores the math, and wants to run the ball and play defense and likes punting on the opponents 40 yard line when it's 4th and short. 

Our HC has absolutely nothing in common with any of the top coaches you see around the NFL. 

This is Dick Jauron 2.0. 

It is hard to win in this league!

Not true.  He and Beane said repeatedly this is a passing league and its critical you can throw from the pocket.  There is a REASON they took a QB with a big arm...thats to throw.

Some of you cant separate what he wants to do with the only thing this team can do.  We have no passing attack, you act like he CHOOSES not to have it.  Our young QB is hurt, our WR and OL is subpar.  He is trying to run because this team cant currently throw.  Not because he feels we should just be a power run team.

Some of you really need to separate yourselves from this year and get a grip.  Trubisky playing almost a full season only threw SEVEN TD's last year...SEVEN.  Now look at him with new weapons around him to work with and a year under his belt.  Different team now and they are looking to throw more and downfield more despite being a run first team prior because they couldn't throw.  

I'm sure that has absolutely NOTHING to do with the fact that the Bears fired their old-school "defensive-minded" head coach and then hired a bright, young, innovative offensive-minded coach. 

Thank you for making yet another very strong case for firing McDermott ASAP.  I appreciate it. 

2 hours ago, jrober38 said:

I don't think Allen is going to hit.

I didn't see any flashes from him. At best he completed throws any NFL starting QB should be expected to complete and at his worst he didn't look like he belonged on the field.

I think you're counting your chickens before they actually hatch.

Mahomes is a stud. 

If we offered the Chiefs Allen, White, Edmunds, Phillips and Johnson for Mahomes, they'd laugh in our face. 

I wish I could give this post 2 trophies. 

• Like (+1) 2

WHO CARES DUDE!  Beane...BEANE...BEANE is our GM NOW.  Not McD, Not Whaley...BEANE.  This rebuild is going to be led by him.  So stop reveling in the past as if its also the present, because its NOT.  

And Beane did a hell of a job in his first draft grabbing Allen, Edmunds, Taron, and Phillips.  Our HC is NOT our GM...repeat, our HC is NOT our GM.  Amazing how hard that is for some people to process.  

so there's no more "One Voice", "One Buffalo" "One Opinion" or "One Side" or whatever it was?

Damn, I'm going to miss that.

3 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

All true Alpha. But in regards to your example with Trubisky, Chicago fired John Fox and brought in an offensive head coach that brought talent with him.

I think that’s precisely what a lot of fans here want. (Even me to a certain degree) To try and replicate the path the Bears went.

Edited by billsfan11
  • Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

Yeah...I think I might be over this guy....

"We do have wins, although they're not always on the scoreboard... in the midst of a game, I saw some things yesterday that is the Buffalo Bills style of football we want to play." -Sean McDermott

3 hours ago, McNubbins said:

When was the last time a team won a championship for moral victories?

Also WTF is "buffalo bills style of football?"  Losing?

3 hours ago, billsfan11 said:

He actually said that? What in God’s name.

I guess I’m not surprised he said that as he values culture over talent

3 hours ago, jrober38 said:

No surprise here.

We have a HC who ignores the math, and wants to run the ball and play defense and likes punting on the opponents 40 yard line when it's 4th and short. 

Our HC has absolutely nothing in common with any of the top coaches you see around the NFL. 

This is Dick Jauron 2.0. 

3 hours ago, MRM33064 said:

These pressers are gold.  He comes off as the most vacuous "tough-guy" empty cliche-spouting hand-clapper possible.   

McD wants us to RUN AND STOP THE RUN.  Broad shoulders! Football tough! Character guys! It's Buffalo  you know ... "blue collar" (?!) ... and ... weathery (!?) or such. 

WTF

3 hours ago, RobH063 said:

What the hell is Bills style football? I don't EVER want to see Bills style football if it's what we're seeing every week. How about we see NFL style football!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 hours ago, CodeMonkey said:

I don't think I have ever advocated anyone being fired ... until now.  This crosses the line.

3 hours ago, JPP said:

WTF is buffalo bills style football..getting blown out by double digits on a weekly basis...oh dear god please just fire this idiot......its really starting to hurt listening to him.....

3 hours ago, K-9 said:

Someone please tell me the the full context of this quote will make it look less like the “WTF” comment it appears to be on the surface.  My biggest concern is that he’s selling the same garbage to that locker room. 

2 hours ago, wppete said:

McDermott has really fooled a lot of people here in Buffalo. 

2 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...what is the purpose of going public with such an asinine statement if you want to establish an ounce of credibility?.....

TBD posters listening to McDermott interviews on the radio, moments before posting about it...

giphy.gif

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

GET OVER MAHOMES.  He has NOTHING to do with the guy NOW building this team.  Beane is leading this rebuild, he did NOT pass on Mahomes or Watson.  First thing he did was get us in position to draft a top QB prospect in his first draft.  

And I guess you didn't watch Goff play his rookie year or Trubisky play his rookie year.  They both looked awful, everyone in LA was piling on Goff as much as you are piling on Allen.  People questioned if he even had a strong enough arm to play in the league.  Rams rebuild OL and completely gut and rebuild WR's in ONE offseason and Goff makes a major leap.  Same with Trubisky, who threw just 7 TDs as a rookie in almost a full season.  Everyone was looking at the Bears like they wasted all those picks to move up ONE spot when they could have KEPT them and taken Mahomes or Watson.  

The fact you think you are qualified to declare Allen a bust right now is hilarious.  You, just like me, have no idea if he will or won't bust.  To judge the kid on just a couple games playing on an offense with no talent to help him is absurd.  And to say he showed no flashes is just your opinion to fill your agenda of him being a bust.  

I am not expecting people to just look at him with rose colored glasses, but so many have just flat out decided he will fail.  No surprise, mostly the same people who loved Rosen too, which is a guy having a bad year and leading that offense no where despite having more talent to work with than Allen.  

Both the Rams and Bears also identified the fact that their current coaches were failing and weren't the right guys to move forward with developing their young QB's. You very conveniently left that part out. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

TBD posters listening to McDermott interviews on the radio, moments before posting about it...

giphy.gif

Admittedly, I didn’t hear his pc so I don’t have the full context, which is why I asked for it. If there is no further context, then it was an asinine thing for a HC to say after another blowout loss. If there is further context, I’m all ears and more than willing to give him the benefit of the doubt as I usually do.

3 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

Yeah...I think I might be over this guy....

"We do have wins, although they're not always on the scoreboard... in the midst of a game, I saw some things yesterday that is the Buffalo Bills style of football we want to play." -Sean McDermott

If 41-9 is Bills style football, kick this f'kin clown to the curb.

3 hours ago, MRM33064 said:

These pressers are gold.  He comes off as the most vacuous "tough-guy" empty cliche-spouting hand-clapper possible.   

McD wants us to RUN AND STOP THE RUN.  Broad shoulders! Football tough! Character guys! It's Buffalo  you know ... "blue collar" (?!) ... and ... weathery (!?) or such. 

WTF

If you listen to him speak, McDermott will tell you, very clearly, that he is 100% an old school football guy.  Rex Ryan was the same.  Those guys are all the same.  The league left them behind a long time ago.

The people who are winning now, and who are going to do the winning in the future, are playing a different sport to the one McDermott thinks he knows something about.

"Control the line of scrimmage!  Tough physical football!  Establish the run game!"

:lol:

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, DRA3196 said:

Good post AD7:

There is a "big picture" element to what is being done that some of us can't see or choose not to. Rather be emotional than analytical. We clearly are the 2017 Bears. and yes teams can go from worst to first. Yes this was expected by The Pegula's, Beane and McDermott. Especially after Wood and Ritchie retired at the same time just weeks before the draft after the decision to draft a QB had already been determined. The fact that we are carrying so much dead cap prevented us from addressing the loss of Eric and Incognito effectively. McCarron was brought in to win the job. He couldn't and didn't want to be 3rd string. Beane dropped the ball on signing a competent WR in the offseason again because of the salary cap and the day he traded McCarron he should have signed a vet QB for JA.  And anyone that revels in the fact that Mahommes is the next GOAT, need to consider who he had at RB,WR AND TE. the Chiefs have a fantastic O-line and are loaded at the skill position on the offense. Any QB would look good in a Chiefs uniform this season, just as any QB would look pathetic in a Bills uniform. This season was expected to be bad. It stinks, It's no fun. But people really need to stop looking for the nearest bridge and chill. And gear up for 2019.

The Bears after 2017 also understood that their head coach and staff obviously weren't good enough to develop the young QB and offense and mold the team into a winner. 

Will the Bills recognize the same fact about McDermott?

Edited by HomeskillitMoorman
  • Like (+1) 2