McD - we do have wins, although they are not always on the scoreboard. Saw some Bills style football yesterday

Reed83HOF

15 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

No surprise here.

We have a HC who ignores the math, and wants to run the ball and play defense and likes punting on the opponents 40 yard line when it's 4th and short. 

Our HC has absolutely nothing in common with any of the top coaches you see around the NFL. 

This is Dick Jauron 2.0. 

Not true.  He and Beane said repeatedly this is a passing league and its critical you can throw from the pocket.  There is a REASON they took a QB with a big arm...thats to throw.

Some of you cant separate what he wants to do with the only thing this team can do.  We have no passing attack, you act like he CHOOSES not to have it.  Our young QB is hurt, our WR and OL is subpar.  He is trying to run because this team cant currently throw.  Not because he feels we should just be a power run team.

Some of you really need to separate yourselves from this year and get a grip.  Trubisky playing almost a full season only threw SEVEN TD's last year...SEVEN.  Now look at him with new weapons around him to work with and a year under his belt.  Different team now and they are looking to throw more and downfield more despite being a run first team prior because they couldn't throw.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 5

WTF is buffalo bills style football..getting blown out by double digits on a weekly basis...oh dear god please just fire this idiot......its really starting to hurt listening to him.....

• Like (+1) 2

Someone please tell me the the full context of this quote will make it look less like the “WTF” comment it appears to be on the surface.  My biggest concern is that he’s selling the same garbage to that locker room. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Not true.  He and Beane said repeatedly this is a passing league and its critical you can throw from the pocket.  There is a REASON they took a QB with a big arm...thats to throw.

Some of you cant separate what he wants to do with the only thing this team can do.  We have no passing attack, you act like he CHOOSES not to have it.  Our young QB is hurt, our WR and OL is subpar.  He is trying to run because this team cant currently throw.  Not because he feels we should just be a power run team.

Some of you really need to separate yourselves from this year and get a grip.  Trubisky playing almost a full season only threw SEVEN TD's last year...SEVEN.  Now look at him with new weapons around him to work with and a year under his belt.  Different team now and they are looking to throw more and downfield more despite being a run first team prior because they couldn't throw.  

If they wanted to throw the ball they should have picked Pat Mahomes, ie the guy who threw for 11,000 yards in college and did everything better than Josh Allen as a prospect. 

Trubisky got a real HC. Maybe Allen needs the same type of change. 

Edited by jrober38
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, MRM33064 said:

I'd like to think these pressers are McD using his Jedi distraction skills to simply just appear as a completely out of touch relic who doesn't understand analytics, the pace of today's game, the direction of the league and rules committee (in promoting offense and passing) .... but ....

I fear it's not a ruse.

Fans like you read into his comments and pull out such convoluted pieces of evidence as to why he is a bad coach.

When I listen, I just hear a guy trying to answer media questions and doing the best he can given the circumstances.

What you all want to hear is him say "We suck! We are for sure going to cut these five players and fire these five coaches! Peterman is the worst QB ever! Oh, and every decision I have ever made was bad."

But coaches and professionals don't do that.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

He is quickly losing fans but I still think they need one more year. If I was King Pegula I would make him bring in McAdoo as an OC after the bye week and keep that trio together for one full season. If by the end of 19’ Allen isn’t looking the part and the dumpster is still on fire then it’s a total house cleaning. I’d also limit the amount these two can spend in FA for the upcoming season.

I’d want to sign off on any big contracts, they will be desperate for players and players won’t be flocking to Buffalo for the thrill of winning. I’d be very cautious with who agrees to come here and how much the overpay is.

Edited by Commonsense
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, jrober38 said:

If they wanted to throw the ball they should have picked Pat Mahomes, ie the guy who threw for 11,000 yards in college and did everything better than Josh Allen as a prospect. 

Trubisky got a real HC. Maybe Allen needs the same type of change. 

Beane is our GM...you people need to STOPPPPPPP with the Mahomes, has NOTHING to do with our CURRENT GM who is CURRENTLY building this team.  

And Beane in his first draft:  Traded UP for TWO First round picks and did NOT give up any future firsts to do it.  Landed our QB and a stud in the making in Edmunds plus 2 pretty good looking young players in Taron and Philips.  Thats one hell of a first draft for a GM so far.  

I mean does anyone around here even pay attention anymore?  Drives me nuts when they bring up Mahomes.  Beane is building our team right now, stop bringing up crap that was before Beane got here like Mahomes, Woods, Goodwin, etc. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Beane is our GM...you people need to STOPPPPPPP with the Mahomes, has NOTHING to do with our CURRENT GM who is CURRENTLY building this team.  

And Beane in his first draft:  Traded UP for TWO First round picks and did NOT give up any future firsts to do it.  Landed our QB and a stud in the making in Edmunds plus 2 pretty good looking young players in Taron and Philips.  Thats one hell of a first draft for a GM so far.  

I mean does anyone around here even pay attention anymore?  Drives me nuts when they bring up Mahomes.  Beane is building our team right now, stop bringing up crap that was before Beane got here like Mahomes, Woods, Goodwin, etc. 

It drives you nuts that the current MVP leader was available when our pick came up in 2017, and we traded it to a team who picked him?

It should drive you nuts. It was the worst decision this franchise has made in 30 years. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

1 minute ago, MJS said:

Fans like you read into his comments and pull out such convoluted pieces of evidence as to why he is a bad coach.

When I listen, I just hear a guy trying to answer media questions and doing the best he can given the circumstances.

What you all want to hear is him say "We suck! We are for sure going to cut these five players and fire these five coaches! Peterman is the worst QB ever! Oh, and every decision I have ever made was bad."

Not really.   I'd like some indicia that he has a clue about the modern NFL.   Do you think he's well-versed in analytics? (He knows them well, but just ignores them?)  He makes horrific tactical decisions - not the least of which was not even understanding that a tie was just as bad as a loss in last year's Colts game.

He talks about weather in Buffalo.  "Blue Collar" Buffalo.   The king of empty cliche.

McD seems like a very nice man.  A good DC, in a league that increasingly devalues defense.  Perhaps he is simply a brilliant strategic who continues to hide his brilliance from the league for long-term gain.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, jrober38 said:

It drives you nuts that the current MVP leader was available when our pick came up in 2017, and we traded it to a team who picked him?

It should drive you nuts. It was the worst decision this franchise has made in 30 years. 

Again, what the F does that have to do with Beane!?!?!?!?!?!  He was a Panther at that point, NOT a Bill.  

Edited by Alphadawg7

My issue with the Mahommes talk is that even if he were here, he wouldn't be what he is.  He'd be handing off to Chris Ivory. 

That's actually my biggest fear about McD; that is, that Josh Allen really is super talented but he'll get ruined here by being neutered by a "defense first" and "protect the ball" '70s style staff.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Again, what the F does that have to do with Beane!?!?!?!?!?!  He was a Panther at that point, NOT a Bill.  

This thread is about McDermott, who was essentially the defacto GM for the 2017 draft when Doug Whaley had been phased out of the inner circle and was just a lame duck GM waiting to get fired. 

McDermott passed on the guy who is currently setting passing records in the NFL, so that he could take Allen a year later who has never been an elite passer at any level of football. 

This thread is about the HC. Try to keep up. 

• Like (+1) 7

Just now, MRM33064 said:

My issue with the Mahommes talk is that even if he were here, he wouldn't be what he is.  He'd be handing off to Chris Ivory. 

That's actually my biggest fear about McD; that is, that Josh Allen really is super talented but he'll get ruined here by being neutered by a "defense first" and "protect the ball" '70s style staff.

He might not be what he is, but I guarantee he'd be leaps and bounds better than any QB we have on the roster. 

Mahomes has always been an elite passer. He's a play maker in the pass game and would still be producing even on this offense. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, jrober38 said:

This thread is about McDermott, who was essentially the defacto GM for the 2017 draft when Doug Whaley had been phased out of the inner circle and was just a lame duck GM waiting to get fired. 

McDermott passed on the guy who is currently setting passing records in the NFL, so that he could take Allen a year later who has never been an elite passer at any level of football. 

This thread is about the HC. Try to keep up. 

WHO CARES DUDE!  Beane...BEANE...BEANE is our GM NOW.  Not McD, Not Whaley...BEANE.  This rebuild is going to be led by him.  So stop reveling in the past as if its also the present, because its NOT.  

And Beane did a hell of a job in his first draft grabbing Allen, Edmunds, Taron, and Phillips.  Our HC is NOT our GM...repeat, our HC is NOT our GM.  Amazing how hard that is for some people to process.  

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, MJS said:

Seriously so many times this ^^^^