Midterm Election Gameday Thread

Just now, BeginnersMind said:

Why do you guys love making up strawmen instead of conversing? I'll be waiting for you to back up your despicable accusation that I called him a racist or Nazi. 

He's just a guy who comes to call people names...60K posts' worth. What value he brings!

:lol: You're not a serious person.

• Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

This is big. All those people arrested for being black will be able to vote from now on 

You really think you catch a charge by being black?  ***** you're a dumbass.  Florida has far more important things to worry about than felons voting 

3 hours ago, BeginnersMind said:

The gerrymandered salamander shaped districts were not insane? Good stuff. 

The conspiracy echo chamber here thought the Rs would keep their majority in the House despite that huge improbability. But forgive them: They had Hillary for the win as part of the master Bildeberg plan in 2016. 

No they didn't.  You're terribly mistaken.  You're a fool, a liar and a joke.  

4 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

Why do you guys love making up strawmen instead of conversing? I'll be waiting for you to back up your despicable accusation that I called him a racist or Nazi. 

He's just a guy who comes to call people names...60K posts' worth. What value he brings!

You know, you would get a lot more people effectively arguing you if you actually brought something to the table.

Go to the back of the classroom/bus/playground/whatever is not deemed racist today and play with yourself because it's as much gratitude as you'll get.  Maybe Tibs or Gary will come stroke your ego.

17 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

1 person, 1.1 votes. 

That's gerrymandering. 

The power of the city and population centers was offset by the Senate and the Electoral College at a national level. Gerrymandering, which benefitted the Rs in PA until recently, is a tool that both sides abuse to preserve power. It's not about reducing the influence of population centers (except when those centers don't vote your way). It encourages division and minimizes the chances for independent and moderate candidates. It's a scourge. 

:lol: redistricting promotes moderation, that's a good one.

8 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

:lol: redistricting promotes moderation, that's a good one.

No, see the thing is anytime you change any voting lines regardless of pectoral evidence in demographic or population shift its gerrymandering. Because Nazis

9 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

You really think you catch a charge by being black?  ***** you're a dumbass.  Florida has far more important things to worry about than felons voting 

No they didn't.  You're terribly mistaken.  You're a fool, a liar and a joke.  

Oh ya, racist cops actually do more than simply shoot black people. 

2 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

God forbid Democrats and Republicans vote together in a district. The humanity!

let me break this down for you in small words, so you can grasp my meaning:

When you put people of two disparate beliefs in one space, there will not be a combination of ideas. There will be a domination of one by the other based on population status. That's a basic fact of history, and why redistricting almost ALWAYS favors Democrats, and therefore not moderation, but radicalization.

2 minutes ago, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:

:lol:

In all fairness, Nancy Pelosi deserves to be chosen Speaker of the House by the Democrats. If they give her a hard time, perhaps we will add some Republican votes. She has earned this great honor!

Who are you , and what did you do with Trump ?

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:

:lol:

In all fairness, Nancy Pelosi deserves to be chosen Speaker of the House by the Democrats. If they give her a hard time, perhaps we will add some Republican votes. She has earned this great honor!

Translation: You idiots voted to let that batshiat crazy biatch back into a leadership role, now you can live with it. 

Edited by Gavin in Va Beach
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

let me break this down for you in small words, so you can grasp my meaning:

When you put people of two disparate beliefs in one space, there will not be a combination of ideas. There will be a domination of one by the other based on population status. That's a basic fact of history, and why redistricting almost ALWAYS favors Democrats, and therefore not moderation, but radicalization.

"Redistricting" or gerrymandering lead to the salamander districts that benefitted Rs in PA.  

Putting voters together and letting them vote together for candidates is called, what's the word, democracy. Gerrymandered districts favor incumbents who can entrench ideologically over a long term and will never work with the other side. This isn't an R or D problem--it's an American one. It just so happened that in PA, it benefitted the Rs for a long time until this year.

Gerrymandering is a plague. I can't believe you'd defend it, except that it doesn't work out for you.  

2 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

"Redistricting" or gerrymandering lead to the salamander districts that benefitted Rs in PA.  

Putting voters together and letting them vote together for candidates is called, what's the word, democracy. Gerrymandered districts favor incumbents who can entrench ideologically over a long term and will never work with the other side. This isn't an R or D problem--it's an American one. It just so happened that in PA, it benefitted the Rs for a long time until this year.

Gerrymandering is a plague. I can't believe you'd defend it, except that it doesn't work out for you.  

it doesn't work out for ANYBODY to silence those in less populous areas for favor of the party that represents the cities.

Ever.

I mean, look at PA's results. A moderate like Fitzpatrick almost got ousted by a RADICAL loony democrat.

Edited by joesixpack