Midterm Election Gameday Thread

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

You missed the point I was making. 

The idea Trump has increased unchecked executive authority is a fantasy. He's done more to reduce it, compared to the previous administration. But details and facts that run counter to the narrative are easy to forget.

No I got your point, but I wasn’t making that point.  I don’t like the same party having control of both branches.

im liberal, but I think the government works best when there is a mix.  Though maybe that’s not true anymore 

1 minute ago, Crayola64 said:

No I got your point, but I wasn’t making that point.  I don’t like the same party having control of both branches.

im liberal, but I think the government works best when there is a mix.  Though maybe that’s not true anymore 

:beer: 

This is a different moment in history. This isn't about blue v red. It's about the uniparty/establishment versus the people. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

:beer: 

This is a different moment in history. This isn't about blue v red. It's about the uniparty/establishment versus the people. 

I would be down with that if true, but I don’t see it!  One day lol

11 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

So we end up with compromise bills getting passed that cost a ton of money and don't reflect the will of the people.

Maybe 15 years ago.  But now both parties will just obstruct

5 minutes ago, Crayola64 said:

I would suggest taking a spin through the DS thread from the first page on. Lots of information there, lots of reading, but there's overwhelming evidence to suggest what I'm proposing is real and happening now. 

Then think back to the past three administrations (if you're old enough, no judgment I'm just not sure your age) and how despite being different parties, they governed for outside, big moneyed interests that worked in opposition to the wishes of the American people. 

Think NAFTA and the offshoring of millions of jobs in the name of higher profits for corporations at the expense of the workers.

Think WMD in Iraq and 17 years of war that followed. 

Think the 2008 crash and bailout of the big banks while homeowners took it on the chin. 

Think political spying on Congress, the press, and American citizens at the hands of the last administration. 

Think about the stripping back, through multiple administrations, of our first, fourth, and fifth amendment protections. 

The uniparty establishment is one big club, and we ain't in it. 

Edited by Deranged Rhino
  • Like (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I would suggest taking a spin through the DS thread from the first page on. Lots of information there, lots of reading, but there's overwhelming evidence to suggest what I'm proposing is real and happening now. 

Then think back to the past three administrations (if you're old enough, no judgment I'm just not sure your age) and how despite being different parties, they governed for outside, big moneyed interests that worked in opposition to the wishes of the American people. 

Think NAFTA and the offshoring of millions of jobs in the name of higher profits for corporations at the expense of the workers.

Think WMD in Iraq and 17 years of war that followed. 

Think the 2008 crash and bailout of the big banks while homeowners took it on the chin. 

Think political spying on Congress, the press, and American citizens at the hands of the last administration. 

Think about the stripping back, through multiple administrations, of our first, fourth, and fifth amendment protections. 

The uniparty establishment is one big club, and we ain't in it. 

I agree mostly with what you are saying.  But I don’t believe the vast majority of people saying they are against it (example trump, or even people like pelosi) infact are.  

If that  makes sense.  Or what I’m saying is I don’t know if this election isn’t about fixing that problem (unfortunately)

neither party represents me, but I can’t  stand some of the social stances of the right.  I don’t like much of the economic stances on the left though. 

Edited by Crayola64
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, KevinRome said:

Very long lines to vote in my small central NY village. Everyone commenting on how they’ve never experienced such high numbers of people at the polls. I did my duty of canceling my wife’s leftist votes.

Same here. Told her we could skip the lines as we’re net neutral. She wouldn’t go for it

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Crayola64 said:

I agree mostly with what you are saying.  But I don’t believe the vast majority of people saying they are against it (example trump, or even people like pelosi) infact are.  

If that  makes sense.  Or what I’m saying is I don’t know if this election isn’t about fixing that problem

You're right this election isn't going to fix the problem - it's just going to determine how ugly the fixing of the problem gets. 

Big reveals are coming regarding SpyGate, including indictments of big names in the political world. This will cause angst and anxiety in partisans. A unified House and/or Senate won't change that much... but it could go a long ways to reassuring the public when things get wonky.

If the House goes blue, even by a slim minority, it's going to be rockier than if it holds red. But either way, it's not going to stop what's coming. 

10 minutes ago, KevinRome said:

Very long lines to vote in my small central NY village. Everyone commenting on how they’ve never experienced such high numbers of people at the polls. I did my duty of canceling my wife’s leftist votes.

Why did you give her permission to leave the house?

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

This is a worthwhile twitter account to check today. Guy has good numbers, pretty centrist rather than partisan. 

Thread here:

So what's he saying the outcome will be?  Couldn't follow.

NJ is actually in play... hence the late endorsement. 

Which shouldn't be a shock. Menedez is an honest to god crook - and that's the best skeleton in his closet. 

Just now, Boyst62 said:

So what's he saying the outcome will be?  Couldn't follow.

His analysis won't start until 6pm, he's listing the races he's following in that thread that will either disprove or prove his pre-election model (which was a GOP hold on the House while losing 5-10 seats, and a GOP gain in the senate of 5-7). 

More evidence of what is happening: uniparty vs the people, not red vs blue.

DrV5zZjVsAEW8i9.jpg

• Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

Why did you give her permission to leave the house?

Horseshit! He should have told her how to vote and she should have voted the way he commanded. Didn't you believe Hillary when she told everyone that's why she lost the election?

39 minutes ago, Crayola64 said:

Maybe 15 years ago.  But now both parties will just obstruct

Like the last omnibus bill, eh?

• Like (+1) 1