Midterm Election Gameday Thread

Next on MSNBC, anchor Chris Hayes shows what happens when you inject your turkey with too much liquid.

I have no idea who this woman is. I saw this on Twitter, went to her page, and found out I was blocked.

How the hell are you blocked from someone you don't know? 

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

I have no idea who this woman is. I saw this on Twitter, went to her page, and found out I was blocked.

How the hell are you blocked from someone you don't know? 

She was a frequent "panelist" on Chelsea Handler's E! show.

Edited by Koko78
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, TH3 said:

Did you have a basic understanding of how Congress works?....With people like you voting....what could go wrong....?

What would the political benefit be to Democrats if they have a small majority in the House?  Especially with a Republican in the White House and a Republican lead Senate?

Anyone?

First time voting in MA. Paper ballots, fill in the oval like a standardized test. Got the ballot by giving my address and name. No I. D. required. Had to “sign out” by giving name and address info to another person at the check out station. Then ballots were submitted into something a bit like a mailbox - which was guarded ny the town police. 

Was glad to vote against Lieawatha. 

• Like (+1) 1

Took me 2.5 hrs in GA. Hearing similar times from others. We usually have a dozen machines at our polling place. Only four today and they closed the next nearest polling facility and roles it into ours. Go figure.

Contentious governors race here. No national implications for my district but still big turnout.

14 minutes ago, PearlHowardman said:

What would the political benefit be to Democrats if they have a small majority in the House?  Especially with a Republican in the White House and a Republican lead Senate?

Anyone?

Control of what bills get in/out of committee. Chairmanship of all committees. Subpoena power to ***** with basically whoever they want. Adam Schiff, Maxine Waters and Jerry Nadler as committee chairpeople. Is that enough?

1 hour ago, LABillzFan said:

We do absentee ballots, but drop them off at our polling place on election day. Early voting always seems like a bad idea, much like picking a football team's W/L record during mini-camp. 

But the absentee is cool because I can sit and review each vote with purpose, then tell my b*tch wife to vote just like me or I'll put her in a handsmaid outfit, right before her brother calls and tells her how to vote, just before her father calls her and tells her how to vote, because b8tches ain't smart enough to do anything but make me a sammich.

At least that's what Hillary says.

God bless you AND your wife.

8 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Control of what bills get in/out of committee. Chairmanship of all committees. Subpoena power to ***** with basically whoever they want. Adam Schiff, Maxine Waters and Jerry Nadler as committee chairpeople. Is that enough?

Thanks for the response.  But what I'm really driving at is what political power Democrats will have with a small majority in the House while Republicans hold the Senate and White House.

If Democrats end up with a small majority in the House that still means that there's a lot Republican House members to gum up the political agenda for the small majority of Democrats.

White House - Republican

Senate - Republican

House - Democrat with small majority.

Just now, PearlHowardman said:

Thanks for the response.  But what I'm really driving at is what political power Democrats will have with a small majority in the House while Republicans hold the Senate and White House.

If Democrats end up with a small majority in the House that still means that there's a lot Republican House members to gum up the political agenda for the small majority of Democrats.

White House - Republican

Senate - Republican

House - Democrat with small majority.

It doesn't allow them to pass their own legislation, but it enables them to block the Republicans from passing theirs.

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

He'll still have a pen and a phone, and you're fine with that. 

Lefties complaining about unchecked executive power have a lot of balls. :lol: 

Well if the Democrats were such a hinderance without any majorities, I can’t wait to see what they do now

6 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

It doesn't allow them to pass their own legislation, but it enables them to block the Republicans from passing theirs.

So we end up with compromise bills getting passed that cost a ton of money and don't reflect the will of the people.

Just now, Crayola64 said:

Well if the Democrats were such a hinderance without any majorities, I can’t wait to see what they do now

You missed the point I was making. 

The idea Trump has increased unchecked executive authority is a fantasy. He's done more to reduce it, compared to the previous administration. But details and facts that run counter to the narrative are easy to forget.

• Like (+1) 1