Bruce Arians Definitely Interested in the Browns' HC Job - No Interest in Being Packers' HC

Arians: I'd Only Come Out of Retirement for Browns

Bruce Arians is enjoying retirement. He likes watching the game from the broadcast booth.

Or at least that's what he told our Ed Sherman.

Those rumblings you hear in the distance? That's the coaching bug awakening within Arians. Put your ear closer to the ground and you'll hear it whisper:
Cleveland.

Arians was in town for the Browns' Week 9 contest against the Kansas City Chiefs. The former coach was on the CBS call of the game, which ended in a 37-21 win for the visiting team.

During a break in the action, the Canton Repository's Steve Doerschuk asked Arians if he'd consider coming out of retirement for another head coaching job. After all, there's going to be an opening in Cleveland in January 2019.

"Cleveland is the only job I would consider," Arians replied.
  • Like (+1) 1

Cleveland is the only job he would consider? I wonder why.

I mean, I know that’s where he got his first NFL offensive coordinator job. But other than that I don’t know of any strong ties he has to the area/team. He’s from NJ and went to school PA. I don’t know of any ties to John Dorsey, either. 

2 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

I mean, I know that’s where he got his first NFL offensive coordinator job. But other than that I don’t know of any strong ties he has to the area/team. He’s from NJ and went to school PA. I don’t know of any ties to John Dorsey, either. 

cause Cleveland has a ton of talent and what looks to be a true franchise QB

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

It's a fraternity.  He can't consider another because no others are open.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, plenzmd1 said:

hmm..so you saying Mahomes should be here? I agree...if he was , Ariens might want to coach here too

Im saying that drafting and keeping your own talent works if you have a QB that is playing well.....maybe we will have that too next year.

I can remember a time when KC's wide receivers were the absolute joke of the league.......

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Im saying that drafting and keeping your own talent works if you have a QB that is playing well.....maybe we will have that too next year.

I can remember a time when KC's wide receivers were the absolute joke of the league.......

Correct. Remember when Dwayne Bowe (the Kelvin Benjamin of his time) was their #1, and there was absolutely nobody to challenge him for that spot? This wasn't ancient history. It was 2014.

• 3 weeks later...