Jump to content
Shaw66

THE ROCKPILE REVIEW - Just Plain Bad

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Sorry I can't get past what they did to the offense and not understanding how you win in the NFL today.  They keep hoping that all they need is to win the battle of field position, get turnovers and grind out 13-10 games is the key to success.    

 

2017 they took an okay offense (though I hated their passing game) and turned it into a disaster.  And they did what they could in the offseason to make it even worse.

 

They get blown out way too often and even in their wins not fun to watch.  They played 20 minutes of good football vs. Minny and that was it.  

 

The defense is good, but more in a bend don't break way and this goes back to 2017.  That only works for so long.   

John Wawrow posted something to the effect that they do understand the nature of the offensive deficiencies and that they will be addressed in the offseason. I don't think they want to win grind it out games. I believe they will get the offseason with an improved salary cap situation to prove themselves. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Sorry I can't get past what they did to the offense and not understanding how you win in the NFL today.  They keep hoping that all they need is to win the battle of field position, get turnovers and grind out 13-10 games is the key to success.    

 

2017 they took an okay offense (though I hated their passing game) and turned it into a disaster.  And they did what they could in the offseason to make it even worse.

 

They get blown out way too often and even in their wins not fun to watch.  They played 20 minutes of good football vs. Minny and that was it.  

 

The defense is good, but more in a bend don't break way and this goes back to 2017.  That only works for so long.   

 

 

been this way for almost all seasons since Kelly's prime ended

 

fans love D, even on here, customer is always right.....  😕

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, row_33 said:

 

 

been this way for almost all seasons since Kelly's prime ended

 

fans love D, even on here, customer is always right.....  😕

 

 

No 90% of us rubes would much rather see a 35-31 win as opposed to a 13-10 one........   

 

Probably the same people who hate the 3-point shot in basketball and are enthralled by those 89-84 NBA games where not necessarily great defense but shots missed.  Memphis Grizzlie fans who were okay with those scores when they won 50 gm/yr, but not losing 50/gm......

Edited by Billsfan1972
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

No 90% of us rubes would much rather see a 35-31 win as opposed to a 13-10 one........   

 

Probably the same people who hate the 3-point shot in basketball and are enthralled by those 89-84 NBA games where not necessarily great defense but shots missed.  Memphis Grizzlie fans who were okay with those scores when they won 50 gm/yr, but not losing 50/gm......

 

i guess those who want an Army-Navy 0-0 "game of the century" in the mud game seem to speak louder than they truly rep on here...  :D

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Sorry I can't get past what they did to the offense and not understanding how you win in the NFL today.  They keep hoping that all they need is to win the battle of field position, get turnovers and grind out 13-10 games is the key to success.    

 

2017 they took an okay offense (though I hated their passing game) and turned it into a disaster.  And they did what they could in the offseason to make it even worse.

 

They get blown out way too often and even in their wins not fun to watch.  They played 20 minutes of good football vs. Minny and that was it.  

 

The defense is good, but more in a bend don't break way and this goes back to 2017.  That only works for so long.   

Like not drafting a QB.  Oh, wait.....,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×