THE ROCKPILE REVIEW - Just Plain Bad

Shaw66

14 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

you are going full "knee jerk" here. calm down.... the guy just ended the drought last year in his first season with very little talent and then they tore the team down even further. they went out and go their qb's on offense and defense. inexperienced players in key spots. they have holes to fill this offseason.

let it play out. 

Fine with me.

Except I'm getting old. 

1 minute ago, Shaw66 said:

Fine with me.

Except I'm getting old. 

hahaha. fair enough.... 

FWIW I can see the judgement of these coaches. its hard to get passed the mental errors and not put some blame on the guys in charge. that's for sure.... but i'm not gonna let one half a season erase something that nobody in the previous 17 yrs couldn't get done.

if things don't change next year that obviously changes things.

2 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Fine with me too and I'm already old

I am comfortably in the Get off my Lawn Club. I am skeptical this regime knows what to do in order to rebuild the offense. I give Daboll somewhat of a pass because he has so little to work with. Castillo doesn't seem good to me. I'm sorry Kromer could not be persuaded to stay. I think they get this offseason to turn the offense around. It will have to show significant improvement, imo, or someone is walking the plank. I like Allen if he has good coaching and the right pieces around him to help him develop. 

Sorry I can't get past what they did to the offense and not understanding how you win in the NFL today.  They keep hoping that all they need is to win the battle of field position, get turnovers and grind out 13-10 games is the key to success.    

2017 they took an okay offense (though I hated their passing game) and turned it into a disaster.  And they did what they could in the offseason to make it even worse.

They get blown out way too often and even in their wins not fun to watch.  They played 20 minutes of good football vs. Minny and that was it.  

The defense is good, but more in a bend don't break way and this goes back to 2017.  That only works for so long.   

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Sorry I can't get past what they did to the offense and not understanding how you win in the NFL today.  They keep hoping that all they need is to win the battle of field position, get turnovers and grind out 13-10 games is the key to success.    

2017 they took an okay offense (though I hated their passing game) and turned it into a disaster.  And they did what they could in the offseason to make it even worse.

They get blown out way too often and even in their wins not fun to watch.  They played 20 minutes of good football vs. Minny and that was it.  

The defense is good, but more in a bend don't break way and this goes back to 2017.  That only works for so long.   

John Wawrow posted something to the effect that they do understand the nature of the offensive deficiencies and that they will be addressed in the offseason. I don't think they want to win grind it out games. I believe they will get the offseason with an improved salary cap situation to prove themselves. 

• Haha (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

been this way for almost all seasons since Kelly's prime ended

fans love D, even on here, customer is always right.....  ?

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

been this way for almost all seasons since Kelly's prime ended

fans love D, even on here, customer is always right.....  ?

No 90% of us rubes would much rather see a 35-31 win as opposed to a 13-10 one........   

Probably the same people who hate the 3-point shot in basketball and are enthralled by those 89-84 NBA games where not necessarily great defense but shots missed.  Memphis Grizzlie fans who were okay with those scores when they won 50 gm/yr, but not losing 50/gm......

Edited by Billsfan1972
  • Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

No 90% of us rubes would much rather see a 35-31 win as opposed to a 13-10 one........   

Probably the same people who hate the 3-point shot in basketball and are enthralled by those 89-84 NBA games where not necessarily great defense but shots missed.  Memphis Grizzlie fans who were okay with those scores when they won 50 gm/yr, but not losing 50/gm......

i guess those who want an Army-Navy 0-0 "game of the century" in the mud game seem to speak louder than they truly rep on here...  :D

7 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Like not drafting a QB.  Oh, wait.....,