Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
TPS

Teller's first game action

Recommended Posts

In case some of his fans didn't notice, he was in at LG for Ducasse on a few plays, then came in for Miller who got hurt.

will be interesting to see if he earns more time after McD watches the film.

 

time to look at what they have in all of the young guys. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sad that a highlight at this point in the season is a 5th round draft pick who is probably, like most 5th rounders, not destined to have a storied NFL career. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

anyone know how he did?  I didn't notice him in the game.

McD said in yesterday's presser they were evaluating him at LG and Sirles at RT, and would look at the film...

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't notice him, which is usually a good thing for an offensive lineman. I liked Teller coming into the season and still feel like he's got a decent chance to be a quality NFL guard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

I didn't notice him, which is usually a good thing for an offensive lineman. I liked Teller coming into the season and still feel like he's got a decent chance to be a quality NFL guard.

I think the OL gave enough time for Peterman to throw the football.  The problem with this OL is that they have zero penetration for the running game

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ganesh said:

I think the OL gave enough time for Peterman to throw the football.  The problem with this OL is that they have zero penetration for the running game

Yeah, we're seeing how important E.Woods was to this line. Finding a center to anchor the interior would be my #1 priority next year.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ganesh said:

I think the OL gave enough time for Peterman to throw the football.  The problem with this OL is that they have zero penetration for the running game

I don't think Daboll's run scheme does them any favors, but it's certainly an issue. The pass pro has indeed been decent.

 

They're obviously an extremely unathletic unit and that needs to be addressed in the offseason. 

 

Offensively, it's tough to gauge whether it's the playcalling or the talent because every single aspect is suspect. I do think Teller could be a player going forward, but I'm also grasping at straws trying to find something positive in this godforsaken season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, TPS said:

In case some of his fans didn't notice, he was in at LG for Ducasse on a few plays, then came in for Miller who got hurt.

will be interesting to see if he earns more time after McD watches the film.

 

time to look at what they have in all of the young guys. 

 

Did McHalfwit clap vigorously when Teller came off the field?  That's usually a sign

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

anyone know how he did?  I didn't notice him in the game.

That should tell you most of it really, neither bad nor good - I noticed he was on the field at one point, and of the handful of plays where I focused on him, saw some good flashes on  a couple rushing downs, and serviceable play in pass pro, but overall was struggling as expected. I don't know that I saw all of his plays, though, and have been waiting for the All-22 to see if my eyeball assessments were the least bit on point.

 

10 minutes ago, TPS said:

Yeah, we're seeing how important E.Woods was to this line. Finding a center to anchor the interior would be my #1 priority next year.

PAY Paradis, just pay him - he might not be worth the eventual offer, but he's worth being on our team next year because we desperately need something more than a plug at Center. Would like to add Saffold or another interior guy as well if we can. Would be great to see what Dawkins could do at swing guard and LG over LT, but his play thus far has made me hopeful for his development.

Edited by ctk232

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

Sad that a highlight at this point in the season is a 5th round draft pick who is probably, like most 5th rounders, not destined to have a storied NFL career. 

Enough about Peterman already........

J/k

 

To be fair, there are many laye round linemen that have decent NFL careers, you dont have to get one early in the 1st to have a good one. QB on the other hand, it's less likely to find a good one after day 1 or 2 of the draft......

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, TPS said:

In case some of his fans didn't notice, he was in at LG for Ducasse on a few plays, then came in for Miller who got hurt.

will be interesting to see if he earns more time after McD watches the film.

 

time to look at what they have in all of the young guys. 

why are people excited for this guy?  He sucks badly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, TPS said:

Yeah, we're seeing how important E.Woods was to this line. Finding a center to anchor the interior would be my #1 priority next year.

Lamont Gaillard  - C - UGA

 

Former DT. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, TPS said:

McD said in yesterday's presser they were evaluating him at LG and Sirles at RT, and would look at the film...

 

Do not trust anything McDermott says. He is a used car salesman. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

why are people excited for this guy?  He sucks badly

If he's bad at sucking that's definitely an upgrade over our current guards!

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BuffaloBill said:

Sad that a highlight at this point in the season is a 5th round draft pick who is probably, like most 5th rounders, not destined to have a storied NFL career. 

A 5th rounder?... really? what´bout a low rounder like a guy called Peters? I guess we can´t see diamonds in a rough until we play them a few years, and then ...even worst after we trade them for chump change!😎

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

anyone know how he did?  I didn't notice him in the game.

That's a good sign right there😁

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, BuffaLoko said:

A 5th rounder?... really? what´bout a low rounder like a guy called Peters? I guess we can´t see diamonds in a rough until we play them a few years, and then ...even worst after we trade them for chump change!😎

You think Peters was trades for chump change?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tenhigh said:

You think Peters was trades for chump change?

Yeah! based in the return we got from ¨the picks ¨ we got for him versus the Pro Bowl performance he gave PHI in return,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hope he starts this week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, ganesh said:

I think the OL gave enough time for Peterman to throw the football.  The problem with this OL is that they have zero penetration for the running game

We don’t want Peterman throwing the ball.. Therefore the OL failed by giving him time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, BuffaLoko said:

Yeah! based in the return we got from ¨the picks ¨ we got for him versus the Pro Bowl performance he gave PHI in return,

I personally don't think you judge that trade based on how he did after the trade, you take it for what it was at the time. 1st, 4th, and a 6th wasn't a terrible deal for the Bills, and he was a holdout if I remember correctly.  Plus we got Eric Wood with the 1st, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/6/2018 at 5:44 AM, Tenhigh said:

I personally don't think you judge that trade based on how he did after the trade, you take it for what it was at the time. 1st, 4th, and a 6th wasn't a terrible deal for the Bills, and he was a holdout if I remember correctly.  Plus we got Eric Wood with the 1st, right?

Agree, thanks for bringing back what has faded away in this old brain....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm guessing there are a lot of starting interior lineman that were not taken in the First Round.  With this season pretty much in the crapper, I'd like to see the Bills try out as many of their youngsters as possible.  What more do we have to see from Vlad to know that he's terrible?  And for that matter, what do we need to see from Benjamin?  Put the kids in and let's see what they can do!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/5/2018 at 1:21 PM, BuffaloBill said:

Sad that a highlight at this point in the season is a 5th round draft pick who is probably, like most 5th rounders, not destined to have a storied NFL career. 

 

....explain that to Meatball, that lowly slug of a 5th............

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×