Josh Allen is all that matters

8 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

We aren't losing because of bad coaching, we are losing because our rookie QB is hurt and the rest of the offense just doesn't have enough talent on it in a rebuilding year where they focused on fixing the cap and getting key pieces in place like Allen and Edmunds.  This isnt like Cleveland where there is a bunch of talent being misused.  Our HC is going to be here until the end of next season where he will either be an ascending HC coming off a much improved season, or a HC on a hot seat if the team is not headed in the right direction (Beane and McD both).

If they're bad next year (2019) and are in that 4-12 region, they won't deserve further support. I hope their plan works out, but I'm worried because their current offensive foundation is so abjectly terrible. I don't see how you fix that in one off-season. Outside of possibly Allen (the jury is out) and Dawkins, I don't see any promising players on the entire unit. I suppose Jones might work as a middling starting-quality #3, but that's it. When there's a big step forward, it's usually built on an already-existing foundation. The Bills don't have that.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, jrober38 said:

The offense was bad all year but the defense played well. Overall he did a decent job coaching.

All of the problems are on the player personnel side. They've completely mismanaged the roster, particularly on the Offensive side of the ball over the past two seasons. 

Almost as if they had $55 million of dead cap or something...

Edited by Wayne Arnold

5 hours ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

So them making the playoffs last year just gets brushed aside because they're transitioning this roster for the future?

I have thanked Andy Dalton and Tyler Boyd enough

5 hours ago, Rigotz said:

This is the problem.

There's a huge contingent of dumb fans that want to run every single coach and GM out of town in year 2.

We made the playoffs in year 1 and that still wasn't enough for these f*ing people. A rebuild takes time.

If you want to build lasting success you can't do the same year-to-year garbage that these fans seem to want for some reason.

Thank you Andy Dalton and Tyler Boyd

31 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

We aren't losing because of bad coaching, we are losing because our rookie QB is hurt and the rest of the offense just doesn't have enough talent on it in a rebuilding year where they focused on fixing the cap and getting key pieces in place like Allen and Edmunds.  This isnt like Cleveland where there is a bunch of talent being misused.  Our HC is going to be here until the end of next season where he will either be an ascending HC coming off a much improved season, or a HC on a hot seat if the team is not headed in the right direction (Beane and McD both).

Really we are not losing because of coaching?  Who built this team?  What Philosophy was it built in? And when has this team EVER looked ready to play? Minny for a half?

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

If they're bad next year (2019) and are in that 4-12 region, they won't deserve further support. I hope their plan works out, but I'm worried because their current offensive foundation is so abjectly terrible. I don't see how you fix that in one off-season. Outside of possibly Allen (the jury is out) and Dawkins, I don't see any promising players on the entire unit. I suppose Jones might work as a middling starting-quality #3, but that's it. When there's a big step forward, it's usually built on an already-existing foundation. The Bills don't have that.  

I agree with you on that.  This is a very important offseason for Beane and McD both.  Allen is the future and they need to retool and put more talent around this kid to better his chances to succeed.  I dont know that record will be as important as just seeing significant improvement though.  I mean, this is a young team and will be even younger next year potentially with all these draft picks.  There may be some growing pains early, but they can survive those as long as the team keeps improving and finishes the season strong and showing its going in the right direction.  

This team can make a Rams or Bears type jump next year just like both those teams did if they follow suit and get the OL stabilized and rebuild the WR group this offseason.  

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Really we are not losing because of coaching?  Who built this team?  What Philosophy was it built in? And when has this team EVER looked ready to play? Minny for a half?

First of all, coaches coach, and FO offices build teams.  

But even so...you said "Built this team"!?!?  You are confusing "fielding" a team with "building" a team.  The fact you think this is what they "built" is puzzling.  Beane said day one it would take 2 years to fix the cap, he did it in less.  He also got the QB prospect and defensive anchor this draft along with two other promising young players in Taron and Phillips.  

They have not even begun to build the offense yet, NOT begun.  This tired notion going around here of "this is what they built" is ridiculously off base.  They have to field a team still, this is not even close to the finished product on the offensive rebuild where the ONLY long term piece Beane has added to it is Allen.  

Last year, the ONLY reason Beane traded for KB was because McD took a team NO ONE thought would compete and put it in position to make the playoffs.  So Beane decide to try and help us get there and went and got KB.  Had the Bills NOT been in contention for playoffs, KB trade NEVER happens.  

Everything they have done thus far is for the future NOT this year.  I cant even fathom how anyone can come to some crazy conclusions that THIS is the rebuilt offense.  I mean they literally have not started outside of Allen.  And I dont want to hear about Zay either, has nothing to do with BEANE the guy who is building this offense.  He had ONE draft so far.  

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, K-9 said:

Sold the farm? More like they expanded the farm first and then parceled off a few acres instead. They had 8 picks in the last draft, including 2 in the first round and currently have 10 picks in next year’s draft. Retaining that many draft selections is not the definition of  selling the farm. 

We we can argue that they should have kept the extra acres instead and I get that, but I don’t fault Beane for executing his plan, especially in the short term, to position himself to select the players he had targeted. That’s why he acquired those extra acres in the first place.

To boot we pulled a Mr Haney by selling a less than promising QB (Taylor) to the Haney Place (farm) of the NFL namely the Cleveland Browns.  Just a Green Acres metaphor to go with your farm analogy.

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

To boot we pulled a Mr Haney by selling a less than promising QB (Taylor) to the Haney Place (farm) of the NFL namely the Cleveland Browns.  Just a Green Acres metaphor to go with your farm analogy.

giphy.gif

32 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

First of all, coaches coach, and FO offices build teams.  

But even so...you said "Built this team"!?!?  You are confusing "fielding" a team with "building" a team.  The fact you think this is what they "built" is puzzling.  Beane said day one it would take 2 years to fix the cap, he did it in less.  He also got the QB prospect and defensive anchor this draft along with two other promising young players in Taron and Phillips.  

They have not even begun to build the offense yet, NOT begun.  This tired notion going around here of "this is what they built" is ridiculously off base.  They have to field a team still, this is not even close to the finished product on the offensive rebuild where the ONLY long term piece Beane has added to it is Allen.  

Last year, the ONLY reason Beane traded for KB was because McD took a team NO ONE thought would compete and put it in position to make the playoffs.  So Beane decide to try and help us get there and went and got KB.  Had the Bills NOT been in contention for playoffs, KB trade NEVER happens.  

Everything they have done thus far is for the future NOT this year.  I cant even fathom how anyone can come to some crazy conclusions that THIS is the rebuilt offense.  I mean they literally have not started outside of Allen.  And I dont want to hear about Zay either, has nothing to do with BEANE the guy who is building this offense.  He had ONE draft so far.  

Repeat.

Repeat.

Repeat.

6 hours ago, The_Dude said:

Josh Allen is the most important thing. And McDumbass is not the guy to entrust Allen or the Bills future with. His offensive ineptitude is clear. 

Yes we've seen that McBeane has a blind spot on offense and in particular with QBs, but we've also seen that he's an incredible defensive coach and someone who can help his team overachieve (see last year's playoff team that never should have made the playoffs). 

It's clear we went defense first by design in order to keep us competitive. These guys deserve one more year to fix the other side of the ball. After all, this is a rebuild and those take time. If we're still completely inept offensively next year McBeane will likely be shown the door. I suspect we'll be better though with another off season of signings and drafting. 

Edited by VW82

9 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

End of 2020?

Theyll be gone if the offense and team are still struggling and losing towards the end of the 2019 season.

They have already demonstrated severe misjudgement on the offensive side of the football. You think that will be ok to continue into the 2020 season?

Both those teams fired their head coaches in favor of young offensive minds. 

Irrelevant.  McD broke a 17 year drought with a bad offense too.  You do NOT have to be a Offensive HC to win in the NFL.  The greatest dynasty of our generation is led by a defensive guru.  

Those 2 teams fired 2 BAD coaches.  We do not yet know if McD is bad or good, but this year is not the year to make that judgement.  The team has its rookie QB of the future hurt, and no talent on the offense to make up for it.  Defense is in great shape for next year, and they will heavily address the offensive deficiencies.  Then we will start to see what kind of a HC we got long term.

6 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

He went 9-7. Such high standards. 

What is irrelevant? 

If the offense is still bottom of the league(right now it's an outright disaster) and the team is losing by the end of 2020 they will both be gone, IMO.

I agree with that, its about next year and how much this team progresses and improves with new offensive pieces we bring in and on Allens development.  

I said its irrelevant becuase those were bad coaches that got fired.  They did NOT get fired because they are defensive coaches, they got fired for being bad HC.  Fisher having a job as long as he did was a freaking joke.  Again, the greatest dynasty of our generation in the NFL has a defensive HC.  McD has one and a half seasons on his resume, and the only full one he did what many, scratch that, what MOST posters here said would be impossible...make the playoffs with a TT led offense.  

You seem to want to declare him a bad HC on grounds he comes from a defensive background, and thats not fair to him.  

Edited by Alphadawg7

You guys should read the rockpile review posted earlier here  to get a sense of real analysis of the coaching this season. It’s a good write up.  He is not angry or a kid or delusional or a tyrod lover. 

Also here is a good write up on the concept of rebuilding in the NFL. 

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2018/6/1/17415246/what-is-an-nfl-rebuild-anyway-seahawks-browns-cardinals-astros

6 hours ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

Next year when 80% of the offense is different personnel, we will find out if Allen is progressing. This year is a tank year. Sucks because we are not entertained, but next year theres no excuses for McBeane. 

Yeah I understand the frustration a lot of fans have. I'm good with the tank but watching it happen is still hard. But McDermott and Beane aren't going anywhere after this season. The Pegulas signed onto a tear down so they can't get cold feet now or good luck getting any future prospective coaches to trust you. We're gonna see this through to the end. If the offense isn't at least average next year there will be legitimate questions about this regime's future. Right now they are safe.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Yeah I understand the frustration a lot of fans have. I'm good with the tank but watching it happen is still hard. But McDermott and Beane aren't going anywhere after this season. The Pegulas signed onto a tear down so they can't get cold feet now or good luck getting any future prospective coaches to trust you. We're gonna see this through to the end. If the offense isn't at least average next year there will be legitimate questions about this regime's future. Right now they are safe.

I'm not happy with this season. I think if you got the straight talk from the FO they'd tell you they made some mistakes, especially at QB. But rationally you HAVE to see what they do in 2019 before you write them off. That's where I'm at.

They traded off assets to get Allen than did everything in their power to make things as difficult as possibly for him to have any early success.  That is basically the season in a nutshell. Off season reps were wasted in a competition between a top 10 draft pick and two bums one of whom whined and quit on the team and demanded a trade. What little cap money they had they poured into defense instead of getting the qb at least some help . They could have got the offense some help on the line but traded multiple picks for Edmunds.   Last years offense sucked so we strip it down even more.

Why are McCoy, Clay and Benjamin still here?  If you are tanking then just tank but dont do it half way.  Go full Gruden