Josh Allen is all that matters

13 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

Josh Allen is the most important thing. And McDumbass is not the guy to entrust Allen or the Bills future with. His offensive ineptitude is clear. 

Id be more concerned if McDumba— er, I mean McDermott’s background was offense. But he’s a defensive guy. And the defense has been good.

Under Marrone (offense background) our offense stunk so that really concerned me.

Under Rex (defense) our defense stunk so again, that concerned me.

At least our team’s strength matches up with the HC’s background.

As for the offense, I like that McDermott was willing to make a change at OC after one season. I like Daboll and think he can improve the offense over time.

36 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

There won’t be any coaching changes after this season so save your breaths.

The Franchise hasn’t even played these last three games so it’s hilarious to me how angry so many are. These games are meaningless at this point.

Once we saw McCarron look worse than Peterman in the preseason and then traded, we should have all seen the writing on the wall: the offense was going to be atrocious.

The only hope this team had of contending for a playoff spot in 2018 was for McCarron (or Peterman) to at least be as good as Taylor was last season. Maybe Beane gave up on McCarron too early and should’ve given him two or three starts at least before getting rid of him. Then again, they never would’ve received a 5th round pick at that point. And would McCarron suddenly have become good if given a start or two? I doubt it.

No one expected the O to be this historically awful but what difference does it make? Bad is bad. You can cry all you want about how terrible the offense is but in the end, this is all about Josh Allen. He’s all that matters.

Allen will come back after the bye and get some experience in a terrible offense. Beane will upgrade the offensive personnel during the off-season and we will see if Allen improves. If he doesn’t then McDermott and Beane will both be on a pretty hot seat.

If we reach the end of the 2020 season and Allen stinks, then kiss these guys goodbye.

As for right now, anyone calling for a GM or coaching change needs a grip on reality.

Stop making sense sir!  It is the Monday after a loss

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

The yelling of fans since the day Kelly retired:

We will never go anywhere until this franchise steps up and goes to get their franchise guy!!!!

The yelling of fans since the day Josh Allen was drafted (pick one of 2):

Oh, no , not THAT guy!!!!!!!

or

We should never have drafted a QB until we had the pieces to put around him!!!!!!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

13 minutes ago, jethro_tull said:

Agreed for the most part but depending on how badly the offense continues to play Daboll may get the axe at the end of the year on general principle as head of one of the most inept offenses in NFL history 

Not happening. Daboll willingly left the greatest team in college football history to come home and oversee the offense - which included developing the new franchise QB. There’s no way they drop him after one year barring getting arrested for a sexual/violent felony.

4 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Id be more concerned if McDumba— er, I mean McDermott’s background was offense. But he’s a defensive guy. And the defense has been good.

Here's my thing -- if you're a defensive guy, build up your offense and show that you can make lemonade with lemons. That'd impress me. That's not what McDumbass has done. Instead, he's hand picked his lemons on defense and continually gets blown out. Awful coach. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

It seems like we're in the never ending cycle of fire this guy, fire that guy, change GM....

Maybe we should just commit to these guys for a while, and see if our past problems have been due to giving up to early and losing continuity.

We keep doing the same thing and expect different results.

Probably wrong, but I'm afraid of Allen having 5 OC's in 5 years....that usually doesn't end well.

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

Serious question and not trolling.

If Dalton doesn’t complete that throw to Boyd, do you change your views on Mcd and Beane?

Because IMO the Bills playoffs was a complete fluke last year because of so many factors, and them making the playoffs in 2017 is irrelevant to the potential success for the future . In my opinion.

13 minutes ago, Houston's #1 Bills Fan said:

Thank you! We SO lucked into the playoffs last year.

Regardless, they still won 9 games with a roster that many thought would result in the #1 overall pick before the season began.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

The yelling of fans since the day Kelly retired:

We will never go anywhere until this franchise steps up and goes to get their franchise guy!!!!

The yelling of fans since the day Josh Allen was drafted (pick one of 2):

Oh, no , not THAT guy!!!!!!!

or

We should never have drafted a QB until we had the pieces to put around him!!!!!!!!

Its more like if you are going to draft your QB at least give him some help. Instead McDermott believed they would be able to pound the rock and have Allen be a game manager. IMO they have gone about building this team backwards. This league is all about explosive offense with enough defense to make a couple of stops. Instead of spending their money on defense they should have helped Allen and the offense. 

36 minutes ago, 2003Contenders said:

I agree with you. Additionally, I would like for the Pegulas to do what they were originally reported to be doing when they took over a few years ago -- that is bring in an experienced and impartial guru as an "aid" to the existing front office. Now that the offense has completely bottomed out, someone who knows what the hell they are doing needs to come in here as an architect to help set a solid foundation.

I'd like to see how this FO handles the the upcoming offseason, which ironically enough, we actually never left since we lost to the Jags - offseason 2018 still going strong into November.

But regardless of how much they win or lose this offseason, I think a football minded executive close to ownership helping to call those shots is most necessary and warranted. I'm not sold on the Pegulas doing much for sports franchises beyond the wallet. They haven't been terrible owners, but our FO could use a bit more guidance in that realm. I wonder if losing Brian Gaine is/will be a big loss in terms of personnel development/scouting/roster mgmt as well

24 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

High standards are great. But in the real world they should be accompanied by context, logic, and reason. 

Explain to me the context, logic, and reason of going into the season with the mentor and steady presence at QB being Nathan Peterman and I'll stop complaining about the ineptitude of the front office. 

Just now, Wayne Arnold said:

Regardless, they still won 9 games with a roster that many thought would result in the #1 overall pick before the season began.

Agreed - though bet many would rather us not having to trade up for our QB last year and landing one with the #1 overall last year instead of this year. 

Even I think we lucked our way into the playoffs last year, but the guy coached a partial roster to 9 wins with Rico and TT. We did perform last year beyond luck - the Bills' luck never lasts 17 full weeks.

10 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

We really should raise the standard back to the 7-9 records....that will make everyone happy

The worst offense since the merger with a giant ? (No pun intended) at QB and aging vets being the only reliable players on this team outside of Tre White.

What is your standard?

50 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

The Franchise hasn’t even played these last three games so it’s hilarious to me how angry so many are. These games are meaningless at this point.

Once we saw McCarron look worse than Peterman in the preseason and then traded, we should have all seen the writing on the wall: the offense was going to be atrocious.

The only hope this team had of contending for a playoff spot in 2018 was for McCarron (or Peterman) to at least be as good as Taylor was last season. Maybe Beane gave up on McCarron too early and should’ve given him two or three starts at least before getting rid of him. Then again, they never would’ve received a 5th round pick at that point. And would McCarron suddenly have become good if given a start or two? I doubt it.

No one expected the O to be this historically awful but what difference does it make? Bad is bad. You can cry all you want about how terrible the offense is but in the end, this is all about Josh Allen. He’s all that matters.

Allen will come back after the bye and get some experience in a terrible offense. Beane will upgrade the offensive personnel during the off-season and we will see if Allen improves. If he doesn’t then McDermott and Beane will both be on a pretty hot seat.

If we reach the end of the 2020 season and Allen stinks, then kiss these guys goodbye.

As for right now, anyone calling for a GM or coaching change needs a grip on reality.

Couldn't agree with this post more.  Is this a horrible season to be a bills fan?  OF COURSE!!!  But we should of, and some of us did, seen this coming. I'm almost certain that there were internal conversations within One Bills Drive that prepped all involved for this being a "bottoming out" season.  

Not for nothing, but I remember TONS of posters on this site for quite a few years claiming that we needed to hit rock bottom.  We had season after season of having a record between 7-9 to 9-7 and never completely bottomed out and had the chance to completely rebuild.  Well guess what... that's happening now!!

Just now, Elite Poster said:

The worst offense since the merger with a giant ? (No pun intended) at QB and aging vets being the only reliable players on this team outside of Tre White.

What is your standard?

My standard is whatever eventually works......

And since the past plans have netted 7 and 9 seasons....those were not it.....the bills are trying something new.   It is not a finished product

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Not happening. Daboll willingly left the greatest team in college football history to come home and oversee the offense - which included developing the new franchise QB. There’s no way they drop him after one year barring getting arrested for a sexual/violent felony.

Why is it relevant that Daboll left Alabama? That means absolutely nothing to the Bills.

If the offense was bad, his coaching performance could be justified by the lack of talent. When the offense is HISTORICALLY bad and the offensive coordinator has a poor track record as offensive coordinator, he probably needs to go.

7 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

Its more like if you are going to draft your QB at least give him some help. Instead McDermott believed they would be able to pound the rock and have Allen be a game manager. IMO they have gone about building this team backwards. This league is all about explosive offense with enough defense to make a couple of stops. Instead of spending their money on defense they should have helped Allen and the offense. 

One can make that argument I think.  They certainly have to address the offense in a big way this off season.  If they don't they'll deserve whatever criticism comes at them.

59 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Amen, brother.  Well put.  The problem is the cry babies won't listen to reason and don't understand reality.  They want to have their cake and eat it too.  I, for one, am actually glad this season is so bad.  After decades of mediocrity, barely being decent and never getting anywhere, we finally have a management team willing to feel some real pain so they can truly rebuild this team into a real contender.  But nope, the cry babies around here can't stomach being so terrible for a season or two.  It's called seeing the forest through the trees, folks.  It's called the big picture.  Take your lumps and come back stronger.

And may I add a huge "thank you" to the OP of this thread?  What a nice change it is to hear a voice of maturity.  So nice to finally see a thread that's not whining about everything, yelling about who should "be acountable", why all the TT haters were so wrong (get the !@#$ over that already). 

Edited by Generic Screen Name 2

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

John,

We all know if McBeane were fired tomorrow you'd be totally on board.

Not really

The constant flush of upper management instead of giving them time to execute their plan is part of the reason we are in this mess.

If we start firing ppl after being this bad this season I wont be on board with it at all.  If that was going to happen it should have ALREADY happened

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, B-Large said:

It seems like we're in the never ending cycle of fire this guy, fire that guy, change GM....

Maybe we should just commit to these guys for a while, and see if our past problems have been due to giving up to early and losing continuity.

We keep doing the same thing and expect different results.

Probably wrong, but I'm afraid of Allen having 5 OC's in 5 years....that usually doesn't end well.

Calling for the Bills head coach’s head is one of Bills fans’ and local Western NY media’s favorite pastimes.