Josh Allen is all that matters

There won’t be any coaching changes after this season so save your breaths.

The Franchise hasn’t even played these last three games so it’s hilarious to me how angry so many are. These games are meaningless at this point.

Once we saw McCarron look worse than Peterman in the preseason and then traded, we should have all seen the writing on the wall: the offense was going to be atrocious.

The only hope this team had of contending for a playoff spot in 2018 was for McCarron (or Peterman) to at least be as good as Taylor was last season. Maybe Beane gave up on McCarron too early and should’ve given him two or three starts at least before getting rid of him. Then again, they never would’ve received a 5th round pick at that point. And would McCarron suddenly have become good if given a start or two? I doubt it.

No one expected the O to be this historically awful but what difference does it make? Bad is bad. You can cry all you want about how terrible the offense is but in the end, this is all about Josh Allen. He’s all that matters.

Allen will come back after the bye and get some experience in a terrible offense. Beane will upgrade the offensive personnel during the off-season and we will see if Allen improves. If he doesn’t then McDermott and Beane will both be on a pretty hot seat.

If we reach the end of the 2020 season and Allen stinks, then kiss these guys goodbye.

As for right now, anyone calling for a GM or coaching change needs a grip on reality.

Edited by Wayne Arnold
  • Like (+1) 25
  • Thank you (+1) 19

Just now, Wayne Arnold said:

The Franchise hasn’t even played these last three games so it’s hilarious to me how angry so many are. These games are meaningless at this point.

Once we saw McCarron look worse than Peterman in the preseason and then traded, we should have all seen the writing on the wall: the offense was going to be atrocious.

The only hope this team had of contending for a playoff spot in 2018 was for McCarron (or Peterman) to at least be as good as Taylor was last season. Maybe Beane gave up on McCarron too early and should’ve given him two or three starts at least before getting rid of him. Then again, they never would’ve received a 5th round pick at that point. And would McCarron suddenly have become good if given a start or two? I doubt it.

No one expected the O to be this historically awful but what difference does it make? Bad is bad. You can cry all you want about how terrible the offense is but in the end, this is all about Josh Allen. He’s all that matters.

Allen will come back after the bye and get some experience in a terrible offense. Beane will upgrade the offensive personnel during the off-season and we will see if Allen improves. If he doesn’t then McDermott and Beane will both be on a pretty hot seat.

If we reach the end of the 2020 season and Allen stinks, then kiss these guys goodbye.

As for right now, anyone calling for a GM or coaching change needs a grip on reality.

So this regime has earned to 2020 based off what???  Blowout loss after blowout loss?

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

I agree with you. Additionally, I would like for the Pegulas to do what they were originally reported to be doing when they took over a few years ago -- that is bring in an experienced and impartial guru as an "aid" to the existing front office. Now that the offense has completely bottomed out, someone who knows what the hell they are doing needs to come in here as an architect to help set a solid foundation.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

So them making the playoffs last year just gets brushed aside because they're transitioning this roster for the future?

Should we hang a banner for losing in the wildcard round?

Raise the damn standard for the teams in this city (and that starts with us). 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

So this regime has earned to 2020 based off what???  Blowout loss after blowout loss?

This is the problem.

There's a huge contingent of dumb fans that want to run every single coach and GM out of town in year 2.

We made the playoffs in year 1 and that still wasn't enough for these f*ing people. A rebuild takes time.

If you want to build lasting success you can't do the same year-to-year garbage that these fans seem to want for some reason.

• Like (+1) 11
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Rigotz said:

This is the problem.

There's a huge contingent of dumb fans that want to run every single coach and GM out of town in year 2.

We made the playoffs in year 1 and that still wasn't enough for these f*ing people. A rebuild takes time.

If you want to build lasting success you can't do the same year-to-year garbage that these fans seem to want for some reason.

Thank you for weighing in, Sean McDermott's mom

yes, exactly! This season for me was 100% only to watch Josh Allen play every single snap and get as much experience as possible as he was a raw prospect and didn't see these defensive looks in the mountain west.

I do wish that Beane would have invested a little bit more in the offensive line and wide receivers as best as he could with our cap situation to give him a better chance to succeed but we all expected to be terrible this year so I don't understand the outrage. 

Next year is year 1 if the rebuild. This year was the last year of the teardown 

Edited by Mrbojanglezs

9 minutes ago, Elite Poster said:

High standards are great. But in the real world they should be accompanied by context, logic, and reason. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Agreed for the most part but depending on how badly the offense continues to play Daboll may get the axe at the end of the year on general principle as head of one of the most inept offenses in NFL history 

Also in addition to a functional QB the Bills would still have needed a better running game and OL to have playoff shot this year.   TT would not have been able to do it alone.  

But as for McBeane- they are safe for now but as you say, the Josh Allen pick will make or break them.  

27 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Next year when 80% of the offense is different personnel, we will find out if Allen is progressing. This year is a tank year. Sucks because we are not entertained, but next year theres no excuses for McBeane. 

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

The fair thing to do is give McD another draft, that's the reasonable thing to do. He deserves that. There is a chance he turns it around and he deserves that chance. With all that said, I think part of the problem is coaching, not personnel and you can't fire Daboll because no qualified coach will come here when the HC may be gone in 6 games. McDermott is in a really really really bad spot, I don't think he is going to get out of this one, but he has earned the chance to try. One last off-season, maybe they can even just build a mediocre offense, hey man, our defense can be elite, with a mediocre offense we would probably be playoff bound. 

20 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

So them making the playoffs last year just gets brushed aside because they're transitioning this roster for the future?

Serious question and not trolling.

If Dalton doesn’t complete that throw to Boyd, do you change your views on Mcd and Beane?

Because IMO the Bills playoffs was a complete fluke last year because of so many factors, and them making the playoffs in 2017 is irrelevant to the potential success for the future . In my opinion.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

Serious question and not trolling.

If Dalton doesn’t complete that throw to Boyd, do you change your views on Mcd and Beane?

Because IMO the Bills playoffs was a complete fluke last year because of so many factors, and them making the playoffs in 2017 is irrelevant to the potential success for the future . In my opinion.

Thank you! We SO lucked into the playoffs last year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Josh Allen getting hurt was the worst thing to happen to this team this year.

I didn’t expect a good season, but Peterman and Anderson have been putrid. 

Even though Allen hasn’t lit the world on fire, I expect that the team would have been a little more competitive with him in there. 

• Like (+1) 3

34 minutes ago, Elite Poster said:

should be one of those banners you can see a mile from the stadium

• Like (+1) 1