Bill's Offensive Line is the problem. Amazing stat.

Kevin1778

5 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

You really expect them to be fired in the middle of their 2nd season running the football department?   No way!

I don't really expect them to that mid season but we are on pace to be the worst offense in NFL History and if that does happen then yeas I expect McDermott and all Offensive staff to be fired. 

21 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Very old news. Yes, the OL is pretty bad. The QBs ( other than maybe raw rookie Josh Allen ) are putrid. A good QB could look decent behind this line. Not able to work miracles, but decent. 

I am curious as to how you know that......

I maintain that unless it was on of the elite qbs of the league they would NOT look good behind this OL

Just now, wppete said:

I don't really expect them to that mid season but we are on pace to be the worst offense in NFL History and if that does happen then yeas I expect McDermott and all Offensive staff to be fired. 

I can't see it.  There have been too many changes in recent seasons with Marrone, Rex, and McDermott as Head Coaches with GMs Whaley and now Beane.  The current "McBeane" regime will be around at least until the end of the 2019 season IMO. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I can't see it.  There have been too many changes in recent seasons with Marrone, Rex, and McDermott as Head Coaches with GMs Whaley and now Beane.  The current "McBeane" regime will be around at least until the end of the 2019 season IMO. 

I get what you are saying and I thought the same until this season started but this is the worst team Buffalo has had in almost 2 decades. Somone needs to be fired and held accountable for this season, lets see who that will be. Dabol for one is done in Buffalo after this season.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, wppete said:

I get what you are saying and I thought the same until this season started but this is the worst team Buffalo has had in almost 2 decades. Somone needs to be fired and held accountable for this season, lets see who that will be. Dabol for one is done in Buffalo after this season.

I'm not blaming him. It's the GM/HC duo who have given him crap talent to work with. I don't know what people expect with a porous OL, substandard WR corps, and inexperienced/bad Quarterbacks.  The guy's not a miracle worker.

• Like (+1) 5

35 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Very old news. Yes, the OL is pretty bad. The QBs ( other than maybe raw rookie Josh Allen ) are putrid. A good QB could look decent behind this line. Not able to work miracles, but decent. 

Maybe Rodgers or Wilson or Luck or Roethlisberger would.  Maybe Rivers, too.  I'm not sure about Brees.   Brady wouldn't.  IOW, I think it would take a great QB to look decent behind this OL since he would also not have a running game or receivers.

28 minutes ago, wppete said:

I doubt Daboll is going anywhere.  They're gonna write this year off as a lack of offensive talent.  If they struggle on O again next year then that's a different story.

3 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

It's almost like two starting lineman aren't on the team due to unforeseen circumstances...

Wood was done in early Jan, they had time to address it. They chose to spend money on Defense instead, even though they planned on drafting a QB...

Oh they also traded Glenn and they dicked around with Richies money

• Thank you (+1) 1

The OL isn't good..........but it wasn't good when they were scoring a lot in the Roman/Lynn offense either.

People forget that Eric Wood was hot garbage under Marrone..........even Wood himself thought he was going to be cut for poor performance.

And Incognito was a VERY limited athlete.......not good mano-a-mano in pass pro and not enough range to help in the screen game.

Yeah Dawkins is no Cordy Glenn but he's serviceable.

Not all that much difference in the talent level of those lines.

The main difference is the dearth of playmakers at WR and the inability of Bills QB's to make penetrating defenses pay the way Tyrod did with his legs.......and early on in his Bills career with his deep ball.