Kelvin Benjamin needs to be cut

TwistofFate

Did you see the pass that was popped up - the Jets db's were diving and trying to pull it out of the turf while Benjamin stood there and did not even make an effort to knock it down or anything. I have seen this behavior before and shocked that McDermott would bring a player like that on this team. Runs counter to the culture he claims he is trying to foster.

I agree - needs to be cut... all the skill potential in the world does not make up for coaching staff turning a blind eye to that kind of attitude/effort.

• Like (+1) 7

On 11/5/2018 at 11:41 AM, BringBackFergy said:

Definitely hope he resigns...the sooner the better.

You hope he resigns as in another contract signing....

Or... you hope he resigns, as in give his official I quit notice.

So confused...

4 minutes ago, WideNine said:

Did you see the pass that was popped up - the Jets db's were diving and trying to pull it out of the turf while Benjamin stood there and did not even make an effort to knock it down or anything. I have seen this behavior before and shocked that McDermott would bring a player like that on this team. Runs counter to the culture he claims he is trying to foster.

I agree - needs to be cut... all the skill potential in the world does not make up for coaching staff turning a blind eye to that kind of attitude/effort.

I noticed this play as well.  Pathetic effort on his part.

Given what this season is, I'd like to see an example made out of him and have him cut.  I'd honestly rather have Peterman on the team than Benjamin.  Peterman tries but is terrible.  Benjamin doesn't try and he's still terrible.

Edited by sullim4
  • Like (+1) 3

34 minutes ago, boater said:

You hope he resigns as in another contract signing....

Or... you hope he resigns, as in give his official I quit notice.

So confused...

Please read. It’s pretty simple if you have any knowledge of the English language. Or google “resign” if you need to. 

41 minutes ago, WideNine said:

He legit stood there while everyone around him made an attempt. 

He needs to be benched, another receiver from the practice squad needs to be brought up. 

These young guys have heart, pride, and determination.   KB is a waste, and I'm beginning to actually hate the guy. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

He's been solid, if not spectacular, his whole career. He has one bad season and you don't even want to give him a 2nd chance? I'm glad you don't get to make that decision.

I know Gregg, but Jeepers, even when he catches the ball he is like a statue who isn’t even comfortable in his own body.  All his though last week went it to the catch and he had utterly no “moves” to run with the ball.

he has been dreadful and here also is the big th8ng: what in the world are you going to pay him and what would it take?

I truly don’t th8nk he is worth more than 1.5 a year.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

5 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

He's been solid, if not spectacular, his whole career. He has one bad season and you don't even want to give him a 2nd chance? I'm glad you don't get to make that decision.

Solid?   LMAO 

Bro, Google KB dropped passes.   He was second in the league for dropped padres this year.   He dropped 37% of his passes thus far, and has a lengthy history of drops. 

Aside from the drops, there is ZERO EFFORT from this guy.

Zay Jones drops a ton of passes, but I will never question the kids passion and effort. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

It's not whether he has one bad season or not, it is whether he is right for a young team and QB who are going to go through some growing pains.

A young developing QB will need to know his receivers have his back, will fight for balls, or work to bat down or play DB if one is poorly thrown. A prima donna that is going to pout at every poor pass, not fight for any of them, and check out for most of a game because he is not the center of attention is a liability. And when your rookie QB asks to practice and warm up throwing routes to you, you can't be bothered... indefensible.

Sorry Kelvin we do not have a ready-made all-star QB and O-line... don't let the door hit you on the way out.

• Like (+1) 2

I'm not one to flame a player to be cut. This guy is honestly the only player I can remember saying to flat out cut. Make an example of him in the locker room and move on.  I have no problem giving McD and Beane a pass on the 3rd rd pick lost. I would rather see them learn from the mistake and move on.

14 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

KB is one of the worst Buffalo WR's I have ever seen behind Hardy (RIP). KB is a flat waste of time for a QB to make a WR progression read on.

Edited by Real McCoy
  • Like (+1) 3

34 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

This is a terrible post. He's been lazy his entire career. He consistently doesn't try. He can't hold on to the ball. He's a waste of space. Spiking the ball nets you a better qb rating than throwing to benjamin. Think about that. A guaranteed incompletion is a better decision than trying to complete a pass to him. Why would anyone in their right mind want to give that person a 2nd chance?  

• Like (+1) 1

yep, that tipped ball was it for me.  i couldnt believe he just stood there and watched it. it looked like he could have caught it or if it was intercepted by a jet he would have been able to make the tackle.  

• Like (+1) 1