Kelvin Benjamin needs to be cut

TwistofFate

At the beginning of the year our coach said talent doesn't mean much without effort - what he has shown is he prefers certain players over others for unknown reasons and he won't actually pull through with what he preached.

We have the worst offense ever WITH KB, we might as well give other guys a shot who actually care and try. I'm willing to bet Peterman is a Bill this entire year. He's too valuable to their culture.

Edited by Elite Poster

48 minutes ago, Thurman Kelly said:

There are many players playing poorly for the Bills.  Some can't do anything about it, because they don't have the talent/ability to be in the NFL (Peterman).  However, Benjamin looks, to me, like a player who could contribute if he was better coached.  The only thing wrong with him is that he fails to understand his strengths and weaknesses.  He runs his routes like a speed receiver, trying to catch balls based on creating separation from defenders.  That's not who he is.  He lacks the speed/quickness to create catching opportunities that way.  His strengths are size and toughness.  He needs to start fronting his defenders and high pointing his catches  Essentially, he should be playing basketball out there.  I have yet to see him do this in any game.  That makes it seem that the problem is coaching.

Better coached?  My hunch is that he's had several coaches that have told him:  Make sharp cuts when the route calls for that, don't take a down off, stay on your feet (meaning don't fall down), catch the ball with your hands and see yourself catch it, hustle, practice like you expect to play.  Things like that.  He may not have the best hands or the best body control but he doesn't look committed to the fundamentals.  That's all on him.  He'd be more than a 1 trick pony if he just gave a better effort IMO.  Maybe "better coaching" has to include lighting has ass up on the sideline and putting him on the bench for a quarter until he fixes his inconsistent effort. 

2 hours ago, TwistofFate said:

I've never seen a more lazy, unfocused, wide out in my life.   It's obvious why Carolina got rid of him.  

This guy can't catch a cold.  To make matters even worse, he lays on the ground after every play smiling, waiting for someone to help him up. 

He is a disease, and needs to be purged from this team. 

This roster is terrible!!! 

I see week after week analysts talking about how Bills WRs cannot get separation....This guy is part of that malaise

Since I have been paying attention to the Bills as a fan, I can only think of a handful of players who may have disappointed me more than KB. Rob Johnson is one glaring one, EJ and Sammy Watkins were minor ones. But KB was supposedly a stud receiver who was going to outmuscle defenders and catch everything no matter how high it was thrown. His performance on the field has been awful, he appears to be so lazy on his routes and his attitude on the field is douchey. How many times does he whine for a flag when a DB breaks up a pass legally? Or when he takes a hit he is talking trash right after? In every way he just seems to be a negative for this team. I'm not sure how he fooled McD and co about the character requirement!

46 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

Better coached?  My hunch is that he's had several coaches that have told him:  Make sharp cuts when the route calls for that, don't take a down off, stay on your feet (meaning don't fall down), catch the ball with your hands and see yourself catch it, hustle, practice like you expect to play.  Things like that.  He may not have the best hands or the best body control but he doesn't look committed to the fundamentals.  That's all on him.  He'd be more than a 1 trick pony if he just gave a better effort IMO.  Maybe "better coaching" has to include lighting has ass up on the sideline and putting him on the bench for a quarter until he fixes his inconsistent effort. 

Yeah, I think it's too late for him to respond to coaching. The only thing that might motivate him is the right environment where the players can call him out.

3 hours ago, TwistofFate said:

I've never seen a more lazy, unfocused, wide out in my life.   It's obvious why Carolina got rid of him.  

This guy can't catch a cold.  To make matters even worse, he lays on the ground after every play smiling, waiting for someone to help him up. 

He is a disease, and needs to be purged from this team. 

This roster is terrible!!! 

Beane loves him for some unholy reason. What does that tell you about Beane as a talent evaluator? Please send them both back to Carolina!!!

The first move I would make would be to cut or trade the sorry ass Benjamin.

1 minute ago, LabattBlue said:

If this is what we can expect from Beane going forward, we're screwed.

...at the same time, how come guys "mysteriously" shine in a contract year and this guy has done the exact opposite?......no sure how McBeane would have known the guy has a screw loose.....

Heres another reason why- during the interception that was thrown to KB against the Bears did anyone notice him quit on the play? He looks at the DB with the ball and sees one of our guys (dont remember who) semi tackling him so KB just watches- then he realized the dude aint goin down so he runs in the direction of the endzone and gets in prime tackling position behind Peterman lol! Here is a link- 3rd video down.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/bills/2018/11/04/nathan-peterman-buffalo-bills-stats-interceptions/1886569002/

Edited by billsfan_34

Kelvin and Pryor can both be released on Monday.  They are cut from the same cloth.  Unless the ball is thrown perfectly into their hands or chest they make zero effort to go after it. Just embarrassing lack of effort 

• Like (+1) 2