Kelvin Benjamin needs to be cut

TwistofFate

If we had a solid WR core without KB I cut his ass to make an example of him.

Sadly, we only have Zay. I'd rather see balls bounce off KB's hands from Allen to at least somewhat support him. KB signing was/is flat out bad for this FO. I think this is one all fans and TBD'ers agree on for once?

Edited by Real McCoy

19 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

I'm in favor of resigning KB ASAP.

Haha let’s give him a huge extension with lots of guaranteed money!

10 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

There has to be someone on a practice squad who shows some promise, and would be a better alternative.  KB is a joke.  Addition by subtraction.  He should have been cut weeks ago.

I don’t know lol. If Mccloud is supposedly better than the PS players, it’s hard to make a case that these guys even have the slightest ability

14 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

If we had a solid WR core without KB I cut his ass to make an example of him.

Sadly, we only have Zay. I'd rather see balls bounce off KB's hands from Allen to at least somewhat support him. KB signing was/is flat out bad for this FO. I think this is one all fans and TBD'ers agree on for once?

Alas, we are pretty much in agreement.

• Like (+1) 2

Yeah thats about the slow and skinny of it.  The issue is we have no one on the roster.  Dont get wrong at this point if they cut him I'd be fine with it.  Our offense is going no where.  How long before everyone just checks out in the locker room tho?    

I'm sick of the constant coaching changings and I'd like it give McD more time but goddamn this QB situation is the worst it's been in a long time.  

11 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

I don’t know lol. If Mccloud is supposedly better than the PS players, it’s hard to make a case that these guys even have the slightest ability

The words re-sign and resign are not the same.

• Haha (+1) 2

42 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

He needs to be replaced but sadly he is probably the receiver on the team that is hardest for the opposing defense to defend, so on that basis I think the Bills need to keep him playing unless there is a younger guy on the team that they want to develop.  Right now I don't see a single starting caliber receiver on the Bills roster.  Not one. 

Keep him, I get it's essentially a second chance not many think he deserves, but sign him to a year extension (he probably won't take it anyway). But even if we draft NKeal Harry, keep him. Bring in more WR talent in FA if possible without overpaying, but put KB in a hybrid TE role, or have him in mismatches against DBs and Safeties and scheme him into as many 1 v 1 matchups as you can. We have no one demanding coverage in our corps and KB thrives on the 1v1 jump ball, but put him in this role and I suspect you see different results.

He's likely not worth the price tag for this functionality, but we are in no position to start cutting any WRs. Get as much talent and personnel as you can and go from there keeping what you want, even if we net two WRs this offseason, keep as much in the corps to figure out who all stays and who goes.

18 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

let's cut to the chase here folks.  we all know that McDumbass is going to demand we resign KB for 5 years, $100m.  anything other than that would be an admission that it was a bad move to start with, and clappy McShortbus cannot fail, he can only be failed

53 minutes ago, Flip Johnson said:

Could KB be a factor in the comp picks? Based on my understanding of comp picks he is a longshot to make a difference.

Considering how much cap space we have next off-season we'll pay more than lose and as a result get no comp for the loss of KB.

56 minutes ago, BillsSbSoon said:

Theres 7 games left to deal with him and then hes gone. I dont think ive ever been angrier with a bills wr but no point in cutting him now. It wouldnt surprise me if they actually tried to resign him though

Exactly, let him torpedo whatever possible value he'll have in FA next year.  I hope he signs somewhere in canada

• Thank you (+1) 1

There are many players playing poorly for the Bills.  Some can't do anything about it, because they don't have the talent/ability to be in the NFL (Peterman).  However, Benjamin looks, to me, like a player who could contribute if he was better coached.  The only thing wrong with him is that he fails to understand his strengths and weaknesses.  He runs his routes like a speed receiver, trying to catch balls based on creating separation from defenders.  That's not who he is.  He lacks the speed/quickness to create catching opportunities that way.  His strengths are size and toughness.  He needs to start fronting his defenders and high pointing his catches  Essentially, he should be playing basketball out there.  I have yet to see him do this in any game.  That makes it seem that the problem is coaching.

We need to come up with solutions. Obviously the coaches don't seem to know where and how to use Kelvin to maximize his value to this BILLS team. Remember Hines ward for the STEELERS. Here was a guy that was not blazing fast, not tall , but he was tuff and strong and a great blocker. The last receiver we had that might have been comparable was Robert Woods. The bills need to bring Kelvin inside close to the line of scrimmage and use him the way the Steelers used  Ward and the Bucs used Keeshawn Johnson. By keeping him close to formation with his size he could help with run blocking. I would put him in motion to seal of or crack back legally on lineman or smaller corner backs. By placing him tight in the formation he would now be match up against line backers and safeties. Kelvin is not an outside receiver except in the redzone and would help our struggling tight end and oline group, thus helping our run game also. Its up to the coaches to maximize the talent on the team. New England has Patterson playing running back last night. That's coaching.

1 hour ago, TwistofFate said:

I've never seen a more lazy, unfocused, wide out in my life.   It's obvious why Carolina got rid of him.  

This guy can't catch a cold.  To make matters even worse, he lays on the ground after every play smiling, waiting for someone to help him up. 

He is a disease, and needs to be purged from this team. 

This roster is terrible!!! 

Doesnt really make a difference at this point of the season....but I REALLY dont see the bills offering him a new contract