Kelvin Benjamin needs to be cut

TwistofFate

6 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I hate him as much as anyone, but he’s a UFA and will enter into the comp pick equation when he signs somewhere else. So it made sense that they tried to trade him for a pick, but doesn’t make sense from a GM’s standpoint to cut him at this point. 

Doesn't he have to get offered a decent salary to really be a factor? The way he's been playing he might get vet minimum for a 1 year prove-it.

KB is PRESSING. I don't think he's the MOST dedicated guy there is, but that angle is blown out of proportion IMO.

The truth is he's just not a very good player and the QB's are not good.

Almost felt bad for him on the TD drop because you could tell it hurt. It's in his head at this point. That's not an excuse either; football requires mental fortitude. I just think he gets a little too much hate for "lack of effort." 

14 minutes ago, Augie said:

Two words...............

COMP PICKS!       ?

Comp picks depend on what another team is willing to pay him if I understand the formula correctly.

I can't imagine him getting much in free agency. Most likely a small one year prove it deal.

5 minutes ago, Augie said:

Two words...............

COMP PICKS!       ?

For a team in our situation with a lot of cap availability odds are that acquiring comp picks is very improbable. Most of us believe that this offseason the Bills are going to be aggressive  buyers of players on the market. That will more than neutralize gaining comp picks from other teams acquiring our free agents. Even if a player such as Benjamin was picked up because of his play he is not going to garner much of a contract. It wouldn't be surprising that he signs a one year deal with a team that has a good passing game from which he could possibly rehabilitate his besmirched reputation as a receiver. That's the route that the former Cardinal John Brown took by signing a one year deal with the Ravens. He preferred signing a deal with a team that had a good qb in Flacco rather than sign a deal with the Bills who probably offered him more but whose qb situation was very problematic. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Comp picks depend on what another team is willing to pay him if I understand the formula correctly.

I can't imagine him getting much in free agency. Most likely a small one year prove it deal.

1 minute ago, JohnC said:

For a team in our situation with a lot of cap availability odds are that acquiring comp picks is very improbable. Most of us believe that this offseason the Bills are going to be aggressive  buyers of players on the market. That will more than neutralize gaining comp picks from other teams acquiring our free agents. Even if a player such as Benjamin was picked up because of his play he is not going to garner much of a contract. It wouldn't be surprising that he signs a one year deal with a team that has a good passing game from which he could possibly rehabilitate his besmirched reputation as a receiver. That's the route that the former Cardinal John Brown took by signing a one year deal with the Ravens. He preferred signing a deal with a team that had a good qb in Flacco rather than sign a deal with the Bills who probably offered him more but whose qb situation was very problematic. 

It’s a JOKE (mostly). The comp pick thing gets a good ride every offseason. I just thought I’d revisit in the afterglow of a victory. 

• Like (+1) 1

KB has been absolute garbage and is amongst one of the largest head scratchers for me in regards to McClappy's "process".

How does his lack of effort go unnoticed? 

I thought that was everything he has preached.  Personally, I don't care to see any further Carolina re-treads unless his name is McCaffery.

1 minute ago, JohnC said:

Are you making sport of me because of my naivete? :)

I would NEVER do that! And I’m proud of you for spelling naïveté!  (My iPad added the accent egu or grave and the double dimple thing or whatever that is, I’M not that smart!) 

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

I would NEVER do that! And I’m proud of you for spelling naïveté!  (My iPad added the accent egu or grave and the double dimple thing or whatever that is, I’M not that smart!) 

Are you behaving like a condescending smarty pants about my spelling prowess? The honest to goodness truth is that I had to go to the dictionary to get it right because it kept coming up wrong when I typed it out. As far as the equ or grave and double dimple marks that is beyond my intellectual capacity to get right so I don't bother with it. :)

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Are you behaving like a condescending smarty pants about my spelling prowess? The honest to goodness truth is that I had to go to the dictionary to get it right because it kept coming up wrong when I typed it out. As far as the equ or grave and double dimple marks that is beyond my intellectual capacity to get right so I don't bother with it. :)

I’m also proud of you for knowing how to do the whole bold thing! YAY! You deserve a trophy!     ?

Edited by Augie

11 minutes ago, Augie said:

I’m also proud of you for knowing how to do the whole bold thing! YAY! You deserve a trophy!     ?

I don't deserve your generous accolades because I had to take a  number of torturous remedial tutorials to finally figure it out. When one is a slow but determined learner you learn how to slog on and eventually arrive at the voila moment. So in reality there is little about me that you should be impressed with. :ph34r:

• Haha (+1) 1