Kelvin Benjamin needs to be cut

TwistofFate

3 hours ago, WideNine said:

Did you see the pass that was popped up - the Jets db's were diving and trying to pull it out of the turf while Benjamin stood there and did not even make an effort to knock it down or anything. I have seen this behavior before and shocked that McDermott would bring a player like that on this team. Runs counter to the culture he claims he is trying to foster.

I agree - needs to be cut... all the skill potential in the world does not make up for coaching staff turning a blind eye to that kind of attitude/effort.

Saw that one too,  That may have been his worse effort of the year.  Camera angles can be bad, but from what the TV showed, looked like he would have had a good chance to catch it.  That play alone is worth getting cut over.

Kind of funny the one game he looked good was the pre-season against Carolina as he had something to prove.  Since then, nothing!

• Like (+1) 2

2 plays today disgusted me. First the dropped td where he always makes the catch only to act like the weakest player in the room. A 2 yr old could punch that ball out. The second came later when a ball was deflected up in the air near him and he just stood there. He was as close to that ball as the other dbs. He just doesn't care anymore and clearly wants nothing to do with this team. Trade him, cut him,  we don't care but get his malcontent butt off this roster.

• Like (+1) 4

10 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

2 plays today disgusted me. First the dropped td where he always makes the catch only to act like the weakest player in the room. A 2 yr old could punch that ball out. The second came later when a ball was deflected up in the air near him and he just stood there. He was as close to that ball as the other dbs. He just doesn't care anymore and clearly wants nothing to do with this team. Trade him, cut him,  we don't care but get his malcontent butt off this roster.

Dude, the trade deadline is in the rear view mirror at this point.

Cutting Benjamin means we keep paying his big fat salary and he gets to join another team.

I would personally be chill with bench him, make him inactive.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MDH said:

I don’t want him cut because I think that’s what he wants. Don’t give him the chance to move to a winning team, make him suffer this season with the rest of us.

Winning teams don't want a lackadaisical and non-productive player like him. 

1 hour ago, MDH said:

I don’t want him cut because I think that’s what he wants. Don’t give him the chance to move to a winning team, make him suffer this season with the rest of us.

I would like to see Beane pluck another guy from a deep teams PS cut Peterman and have Benjamin an "Inactive" on game day.

Show the team if you don't play hard you sit.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Cutting Benjamin means we keep paying his big fat salary and he gets to join another team.

Good point, and someone else mentioned letting him play elsewhere may be exactly what he wants - so we put up with his lame attitude and we keep him, but I would sit him the rest of the way and play any PS kid we have that shows some heart and hands.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Scott7975 said:

The dude has no heart.  I was disgusted seeing him just standing there on that tipped pass.  Dudes from 5 yards away made a play for the ball.  He was a couple feet away.

Yup, that one really pissed me off too. He isn’t even trying anymore. 

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, WideNine said:

Did you see the pass that was popped up - the Jets db's were diving and trying to pull it out of the turf while Benjamin stood there and did not even make an effort to knock it down or anything. I have seen this behavior before and shocked that McDermott would bring a player like that on this team. Runs counter to the culture he claims he is trying to foster.

I agree - needs to be cut... all the skill potential in the world does not make up for coaching staff turning a blind eye to that kind of attitude/effort.

Yes, sometimes it’s hard to judge from the sideline camera how close a player actually is to the ball but I thought the same as you on that play. He may have been in the best position to dive and get it, or not even need to dive.

6 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Good then bench his sorry ass

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Good then bench his sorry ass

That's what I want, but I wonder if that makes him a huge locker room cancer. I wonder if benching him does more harm than good.

But I do think they should either cut him or bench him. He is a worthless sack of potatoes out there. In our most productive offensive game of the season, our supposed #1 WR doesn't get a single catch?! That's on him, not anyone else.

Edited by MJS

8 hours ago, mannc said:

If we keep KB through this season and he signs elsewhere, don't we get a comp pick?

No chance we'll get comp picks. With so much cap space we'll be active in free agency and sign far more free agents than we lose

8 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

If you are going to make him inactive you may as well cut him. It doesn't change the amount of money we pay him but you can use the roster spot for someone who could be active.

Making him inactive makes little sense

Cutting him means we eat the salary, and he can go play somewhere else. But he is an obvious liability on the field--except to his coaches?

Just deactivate him.

Yesterday showed there are other WRs willing to work hard and give effort, and when things are executed well, they can make the plays. Benjamin has not shown that once this season.

It baffles me that they keep running him out there.