82 &28

13 minutes ago, GG said:

Bills really miss O'Leary's 0 catches in the last 2 Phins games.   there was zero rationale to keep him over any of the other 3, who have a higher ceiling if they can develop. 

Bottom line is that TE is a position that needs a serious upgrade.  Charles Clay has gotten a pass considering the more visible holes on offense, but to me he's the biggest problem out there.   If you take a look at the QBs ho are doing well, nearly all of them have a great TE who helps the QB.  Clay has never lived up to his contract and not only is invisible in the offense, but when he does show up, he has a knack for a backbreaking plays.

He's this decade's version of Reuben Gant.  If I were the Bills, I'd target a premier TE before I spend a nickel on a WR.

Makes absolutely zero difference what he's doing in Miami, he was a reliable third down target in Buffalo, which Croom, Thomas and Clay are not.

Croom is better than Clay right now, especially if you factor in the pay difference. Should have stayed with Oleary and Croom for our two tight end set. None of these guys  can block worth a damn so it doesn't matter

18 is very solid on special teams and he catches  the ball most of the time it is thrown his way. Unlike 13 and the garbage 10  who talks big and chokes in the game. Way to make Peterman look good 10. Stop talking and play. It is not his fault the ball don't come to him (18)

10 minutes ago, Luka said:

Makes absolutely zero difference what he's doing in Miami, he was a reliable third down target in Buffalo, which Croom, Thomas and Clay are not.

O'Leary is fools' gold.  He couldn't outright beat out the other guys in training camp.   

With defenses stacking the box now, O'Leary would never get open in this offense

Stop it, they kept 82 and 80 over Nick because of special teams. Our special teams unit outside of the kicker has been terrible. Did you see the stupid penalty 82 got yesterday on coverage, then he follows that up by getting destroyed in the run game. You could the frustration over  McCoy face. go watch the tape. Oleary is playing better than all the tight end on your roster

42 minutes ago, GG said:

Bills really miss O'Leary's 0 catches in the last 2 Phins games.   there was zero rationale to keep him over any of the other 3, who have a higher ceiling if they can develop. 

Bottom line is that TE is a position that needs a serious upgrade.  Charles Clay has gotten a pass considering the more visible holes on offense, but to me he's the biggest problem out there.   If you take a look at the QBs ho are doing well, nearly all of them have a great TE who helps the QB.  Clay has never lived up to his contract and not only is invisible in the offense, but when he does show up, he has a knack for a backbreaking plays.

He's this decade's version of Reuben Gant.  If I were the Bills, I'd target a premier TE before I spend a nickel on a WR.

Logan Thomas is in his third season with us, how much more time does he need to develop, in order to go from # 3 on the depth chart to # 2?

1 hour ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

I don't think we should cut anyone (other than Peterman and possibly Benjamin) but I must say TE Jason Croom looks like he could turn into a decent option going forward, he dropped that TD in the endzone but it would have been a miraculous catch, he seems to get open regularly, has good hands also.

He also fumbled. He's an average backup at best. 

56 minutes ago, GG said:

We have one in KB tbh...wouldn't say premier of course but he'd likely fit the role better than Clay for pass catching purposes. 

I agree we need a TE and everything here except it's priority over WR. Get the number one on the team through the draft (my own selfish hopes for Harry), get him developing with Allen behind an OL and fill out with TE talent in FA and/or draft.

31 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Logan Thomas is in his third season with us, how much more time does he need to develop, in order to go from # 3 on the depth chart to # 2?

This was the make it or break it season for him.  I don't see him on the roster next year, unless a miracle happens in the next 7 weeks.

I still think their might be something there with 82, but honestly why not sign guys liek Troy Niklas or Ben Koyack...those guys are just sitting at home and better than what we have imo. 

Gaines has been bad the last few weeks. I do think that Ryan Lewis is better and I'd like to see him play more. 

2 hours ago, kirkwoodus13 said:

Correct. Croom does seem to have potential, despite the fumble, but that that as an effort play. What has Clay done to justify that big contract he got from the bills. Go watch the tape and look at Clay blocking. Its been horrible. He is always hurt and drops passes. He need to go.

Agreed. He fumbled because our OC called a 1 yard pass to the TE on 3rd and 9 and he was trying to get more than 1 yard.  That was such an embarrassing drive.  Run up the middle with ivory for 1.  Sweep to ivory for 0.  1 yard pass to TE on 3rd and long.  Unreal

2 hours ago, kirkwoodus13 said:

Correct. Croom does seem to have potential, despite the fumble, but that that as an effort play. What has Clay done to justify that big contract he got from the bills. Go watch the tape and look at Clay blocking. Its been horrible. He is always hurt and drops passes. He need to go.

Croom is one of those guys who would look good if he was not our best TE......I know that sounds confusing.

If our other TE was better and made plays....Croom would be open a lot and popular.  He is a try hard guy that will never be elite.

2 hours ago, Luka said:

I knew O'Leary leaving was going to be bad. But we had to keep the Pegula's future son in law. Maybe Thomas is dating their other daughter?

Logan Thomas and his wife lost their newborn daughter two days after she was born...still married.