I think I'm out on McDermott

zow2

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Who signed Ducasse?  Who signed Mills again?  So that is 4 of the 5 right? So yeah would call that hand picked 

"Hand picked" implies that there was some sort of investment; that these guys were part of his vision for the future.  Weren't they signed to small, short term deals?  That is hardly "hand picked" 

1 minute ago, jrober38 said:

This is just not true.

Numerous people on this board expected the offense to be better this year than they were a season ago.

Lots of people claimed "it couldn't get any worse." Boy, were they wrong. 

I genuinely think that McDermott and Beane thought this team would be better than last year. 

I think they thought they'd have better play calling, I think they thought Tyrod was really holding them back, I think they thought Benjamin and Jones would take a big step forward, that the OL would gel, and that McCoy would return to form.

Literally everything they've done on the offensive side of the ball for the past 2 years hasn't worked. These guys have no idea what they're doing on that side of the football. 

I mean, we can all trick ourselves into thinking what we want to think about our team.  Benjamin just needed a second chance; Miller needed to grow into the position; etc.  That doesn't make it true or reasonable.  Thats why fan opinion is the worst opinion.  You really set yourself up to believe most of this nonsense.  

3 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

I am pretty sure that aside from Bodine and Dawkins the entire Oline predated McDermott.  I just don't think you can be taken seriously when you says the offense is "hand picked."  It strikes me more as an offense he has only started to work on.  

And Nate Peterman played really well in the preseason.  It wasn't a race to the bottom.  He honestly won the job by playing well.  His regular season play has been farrrr from what he did in the preseason.  

This is just wrong.

McDermott has added:

QB: Josh Allen, Nate Peterman, Derek Anderson

RB: Chris Ivory, Marcus Murphy

FB: Chris DiMarco

LT: Dion Dawkins

LG: Vlad Ducasse

C; Russ Bodine

RT: Jordan Mills (the re signed him)

WR: Kelvin Benjamin (traded a 3rd), Zay Jones (traded up for him), Andre Holmes

TE: Croom, Thomas

THIS IS THEIR OFFENSE. 

THESE ARE ALL THEIR GUYS!!!!!

• Thank you (+1) 3

So can someone that defends McD please tell me the point of. Down 28-0. (4 scores) 

Bills have the ball 4th and 6 on the Bears 23 yard line what the Point is Kicking a FG there to go down by you guessed it 4 scores?? 

Please Defend that Spineless decision. 

2 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

"Hand picked" implies that there was some sort of investment; that these guys were part of his vision for the future.  Weren't they signed to small, short term deals?  That is hardly "hand picked" 

Again THEY SIGNED 

Ducasse - now 2nd year starter

Mills

Bodine

Groy

Dont forget the ALWAYS INACTIVE Conner McDermott 

they Drafted 

Dawkins

Teller 

yeah Pretry Handpicked to me. 

WRs. 

Drafted 

Zay

Ray Ray

Proehl

signed 

Holmes

et all

traded for 

Benjamin

yep pretty handpicked to me. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

So can someone that defends McD please tell me the point of. Down 28-0. (4 scores) 

Bills have the ball 4th and 6 on the Bears 23 yard line what the Point is Kicking a FG there to go down by you guessed it 4 scores?? 

Please Defend that Spineless decision. 

Because shutouts are worse than 3 points

• Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Fair.  But fan opinion is pretty skewed.  Look at national and local media opinion.  

Here's the thing, McDermott and the whole organization went all in a QB, a QB that is not playing right now.  When they get him back, play him for the rest of the year and next, and are still that bad, then I will be all in on firing him.  Until then, its just a team trying to set up to build for the future.  They were always going to be bad (fan opinion aside). 

Agreed but we also need to point out that they didn't really plan on playing Josh until mid-year, if necessary...

The Bills have are what, 2-2 with Allen and 0-5 without him? Or 2-3 and 0-4. Anyway, whatever happens elsewhere, I hope he and Edmund come back soon to learn on the fly.

25 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

The Bills have been exactly what everyone thought they would be going into the year.  If it crashes and burns next year then sure, you should lose faith.  But right now, this year, if you expected anything different then you just weren't paying attention before the start of the year. 

This excuse is tired. 

No. This is not how they were supposed to be. They were supposed to improve from last year. Beane is even quoted saying this.  

This is a failure. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, BillsEnthusiast said:

Because shutouts are worse than 3 points

Really. Hmmmm ok. But hey just let Terry keep hearing the National Analysts laugh and crack on their team during Broadcasts

that is the Team McD assembled. Terry and Kim you enjoy being the laughing stock

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Again THEY SIGNED 

Ducasse - now 2nd year starter

Mills

Bodine

Groy

Dont forget the ALWAYS INACTIVE Conner McDermott 

they Drafted 

Dawkins

Teller 

yeah Pretry Handpicked to me. 

WRs. 

Drafted 

Zay

Ray Ray

Proehl

signed 

Holmes

et all

traded for 

Benjamin

yep pretty handpicked to me. 

The offense we're fielding is the offense McDermott wanted to field.

He got rid of the QBs he didn't want, and brought in all his guys.

He got rid of the OL he didn't want, and brought in all his guys.

He got rid of the WRs he didn't want, and brought in all his guys. 

This is 100% McDermott's offense. He values character and culture over strategy, and the results have been a complete disaster. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I'm not definitively out on Sean at this point but I am majorly concerned. I'm not sure about his game management, his staff choices. Regarding his staff, they were brought in (Dennison, Castillo in particular) as experienced teachers and yet seem set in their ways without an ounce of adaptability in their body. His talk of accountability took months to fall short after trading for Kelvin Benjamin.

Whether he wants it to be the case or not, his legacy is starting to be defined by Nathan Peterman. As a fan, that's mortifying.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Blokestradamus said:

I'm not definitively out on Sean at this point but I am majorly concerned. I'm not sure about his game management, his staff choices. Regarding his staff, they were brought in (Dennison, Castillo in particular) as experienced teachers and yet seem set in their ways without an ounce of adaptability in their body. His talk of accountability took months to fall short after trading for Kelvin Benjamin.

Whether he wants it to be the case or not, his legacy is starting to be defined by Nathan Peterman. As a fan, that's mortifying.

Listen to his outdated offensive philosophy that he repeats often and you'll be further mortified. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Bills fans prior to the season were predicting 10 wins and another playoff appearance.

Those same fans are now saying this season was always going to be lost and the results shouldn’t surprise anyone.

Yup.

They expected the offense to take a big step forward now that McDermott has all his guys. It "couldn't get any worse" than what we had last year with Tyrod. 

What a disaster. 

Edited by jrober38