WHO DESERVES THE BLAME?? THE PEGULAS!

25 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...yup...blame the Pegulas......Terry wrote a check for $1.4 BILLION to be embarrassed and the laughing stock of the league.......ignorance is bliss for some.......hell get Charmin' as a primary sponsor and have 'em put the Bills logo on their sh%&ty paper............oh joy............

He was being astute. 1.4 Billion is chump change for a NFL team that will pay for itself in 4-5years.  The team is already worth 1.6B as I type. It must be really nice to own a team for 3 years and make 1 Billion in revenue and have the team value increase 28%.

I highly doubt they are embarrassed with a a very, very solid investment.

Edited by Real McCoy

On 11/5/2018 at 5:12 PM, The_Dude said:

Hes an idiot when it comes to sports. Disprove that. 

..GOOD NEWS is that you did not let us down by supplying yet another one of your highly contributory, provocative, informative, assertive, value added posts  of "nothingness"....disprove THIS...SMH.....

5 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

..GOOD NEWS is that you did not let us down by supplying yet another one of your highly contributory, provocative, informative, assertive, value added posts  of "nothingness"....disprove THIS...SMH.....

Ya know what, you keep giving Terry your money. I’ll keep mine in my pocket. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/5/2018 at 8:58 AM, 4_kidd_4 said:

My biggest sticking point is two head coaching hires that want to run first and lean on the defense.

That’s just not what the league is anymore, and hasn’t been for a while, and they should have realized it after Rex.

That’s on ownership.

And if Terry is going to keep personal interviewing and deciding who the HC is, it may not even matter if he fired everyone tomorrow....he'd just repeat the same mistakes again.  Presumably.

He is a very low information sports fan who needs someone really smart and informed telling him what to do and advising him every step of the way.  As long Pegula does not have that and assumes he know what he's doing, I predict he will be prone to repeating the same mistakes. 

We are already seeing some evidence of that.

On 11/5/2018 at 2:01 PM, oldmanfan said:

You run around calling people you don't know liars, and others are the three year olds?

What Mcd said?  First of all I was not in the room.  What I think he would say to his veterans is that they want to be competitive both short term and long term, with the goal of being a franchise that is consistently competing for titles year in and year out.  I think that's a safe presumption because that is what the HC and GM have said pretty much since they were hired.

This year things went wrong.  The QB that they were brining in to be the veteran presence didn't cut it.  And yes, when they traded him they should have got another guy in.  Perhaps you did not see it this weekend but Beane said that.  And I think players appreciate candor from the coaches and front office when they screw something up.  LIke McD did when he talked to the team after starting Peterman against the Chargers. 

I don't think they told anyone they weren't going to be good this year.  So if that's your position then the rest of your stuff falls flat.  They have not gotten the performance they wanted out of the offense.  Absolutely true.  And those decisions are on them, also true.  The one thing they have made no secret about, to players and owners and fans alike, is that they felt they had to get out from under some bloated contracts, so they took a big cap hit this year. 

Wait, so everything isn't going perfectly according to plan?

Edited by Fadingpain

27 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

And if Terry is going to keep personal interviewing and deciding who the HC is, it may not even matter if he fired everyone tomorrow....he'd just repeat the same mistakes again.  Presumably.

He is a very low information sports fan who needs someone really smart and informed telling him what to do and advising him every step of the way.  As long Pegula does not have that and assumes he know what he's doing, I predict he will be prone to repeating the same mistakes. 

We are already seeing some evidence of that.

Wait, so everything isn't going perfectly according to plan?

No.  It's not.  Like having a lineman break his neck and another one go crazy.  Like having your rookie QB get hurt.

They have work to do this offseason.  No one is saying different.

Can't believe this!  They saved our as*es with respect to the franchise. 

OK this year has been bad, but we've been there and done that plenty of times with Ralph, and other than being called cheap, I don't remember him being "blamed" for anything.  Maybe there will be some front office changes in the off season, but they are business people and I'm certain that they don't like this any more than we do.

14 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

No.  It's not.  Like having a lineman break his neck and another one go crazy.  Like having your rookie QB get hurt.

They have work to do this offseason.  No one is saying different.

STFU about that. We all knew Incognito was crazy — way to go pissing him off by messing with his money, Beane! And they had plenty of advanced notice on Woody. 

Guys like you who make excuses are the same guys who’ve been making excuses for years. McDumbass sucks. Beane sucks. And Terry definitely sucks. 

Edited by The_Dude
  • Like (+1) 1

On 11/5/2018 at 2:11 PM, The_Dude said:

I wrote 'i'm wondering how a man so stupid made his money' and then I referenced fracking.....to demonstrate I know the answer to the question and that the question was rhetorical. 

what are you basing your assumption on that Terry is stupid because he's not a good speaker? The guy is an engineer isn't he?

On 11/5/2018 at 9:10 AM, Charlottebillsfan2 said:

So can I credit the Pegulas with the Sabres turnaround? 

Is this sarcasm? Turnaround? From a rock bottom low the Pegula's set.

Last year I discussed the Pegula's failures. I compared the Sabres record before they acquired the team and then after. Utter failure. And this year we are only 16 games in and about 50/50 on wins. In the bottom half of the Division. This year it is way too early to see how the team will finish, or call it a turnaround. Getting better from a bar you yourself so low it is set located underground is not a turnaround. 

The Pegula's have made horrible coaching / GM choices for both the Sabres and the Bills.

And Pegula made his fortune by a lucky break in land / resource speculation. If it had not been for a new technology called fraking being advanced after he bought the speculation contracts, he would not be considered a successful businessman today. He did not gain success from managing a business or manufacturing a product. The Pegula's have definitely not shown an aptitude in their hiring decisions. Although in the Rich Mans owner's club called the NFL, once you are in,  it is hard to not be successful. No matter your business savvy or ineptitude.

• Like (+1) 2

On 11/5/2018 at 8:19 AM, billsfan61184 said:

This is my first post and it takes a lot for me to actually make a post but I have finally hit my breaking point.

All I hear about is trust the process, and we are creating a culture. I keep hearing we want the right players and people "onboard".   I have heard our head coach say that culture trumps strategy and talent.  I have listened to the same post game news conference for the last 25 weeks " We have to watch the tape and get better" Well guess what there hasn't been one game this year minus the Vikings game (which was basically the defense putting the offense in great positions) where this offense looked like it actually belonged in the NFL

Who are the first people we blame? Obviously its the HC and the GM but thru the last 9 weeks what we have put on the field is not football, its not even JV Football, its more like playing in the backyard with our friends, go to the car turn around and I will throw it to you. Unfortunately when we throw the ball it goes to the other team more often than our own. 

We have been embarrassed in 5 out of the 9 games and are the laughing stock of the NFL. Who are the only people we haven't heard from so far this season? The Pegulas!  Why are they getting a free pass? They are the only ones with the power to change things. I know we made the playoffs last year by a fluke. I can't believe that they are allowing this coach to stay and are overlooking what is easily becoming one of the worst seasons in the history of the Bills/NFL just because they broke the drought. Our fans come out every game and show their support and pad their pockets yet they have said and done nothing to show this type of football is unacceptable.  Until the Pegula's hold this Coach and GM responsible we will continue to see a offense born in the 1950's and when it inevitably fails the response will be "We thought we had the right guy to create a winning culture"

I'm sorry for the negativity but every fan at some point hits their breaking point and yesterday was it for me.

i blame you.

I guess you can always blame the owner but you have to be careful what you wish for. Do people really want an Owner who’s meddling with the team? I don’t think so! The Pegulas started out by hiring an experienced Coach. That made sense to me since they were just getting their feet wet. However they immediately corrected the Rex mistake and have gone in a different direction with a young coach and roster to build around (they even got a ‘free’ playoff game out of it) It all seems pretty logical to me...even if the immediate results have been painful to watch.

1 hour ago, The_Dude said:

STFU about that. We all knew Incognito was crazy — way to go kissing him off by messing with his money, Beane! And they had plenty of advanced notice on Woody. 

Guys like you who make excuses are the same guys who’ve been making excuses for years. McDumbass sucks. Beane sucks. And Terry definitely sucks. 

And people like you are babies who can't read and refuse to look at what actually transpired.  Wood got hurt, they felt they had his replacement in Groy.  And they added Bodine.  It's hart to find centers in the league.  Richie accepted the pay cut.  He signed the contract.   

Terry sucks?  The billionaire who you claim is a moron?  Get over yourself.

6 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

How so? Are the Jills coming back? 

The Pegulas are involved too much.  They refuse/have refused to install a president or a 'strong' GM.  They insist on this model of they hire Coach, they hire GM, and they both report to ownership.  They have gone with inexperience.  Before making these hires for the Bills and Sabres, Pegula stood there and said how important it was to have collaboration on decisions (meaning their own). Terry Pegula was heavily involved with scouting draftable quarterbacks in 2018.  The Sabres have had a dubious history of management since 2011 including their team President lasting a few months before a strange resignation sealed away with strong NDAs.

1 hour ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

what are you basing your assumption on that Terry is stupid because he's not a good speaker? The guy is an engineer isn't he?

His results since becoming an owner. 

30 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

And people like you are babies who can't read and refuse to look at what actually transpired.  Wood got hurt, they felt they had his replacement in Groy.  And they added Bodine.  It's hart to find centers in the league. 

Oh. My. God. Yes, that’s why they suck. Do you not get it? Their “process,” is why we suck. Their decisions have all turned out to be bad. When you continually make wrong decisions you get a 2 win season. You act like everything they’ve done has been well thought out and that the currrent results were inevitable. That’s not the case. The case is the owner is an idiot. He hired an idiot coach. The idiot coach teamed up with an idiot GM. But hey, at least the culture is good and there’s a bible study.