WHO DESERVES THE BLAME?? THE PEGULAS!

1 minute ago, pop gun said:

Oh how cute more name calling from you!

Call em the way I see em.  No one lied.  It's stupid to say otherwise.

4 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

Whenever Terry speaks I find myself wondering how that idiot made so much money.

I mean, fracking, but still....that man is an idiot. If you disagree with me, may I present the Sabers and Bills....

I think I'm going to send Belichick a note and ask him how to make a fortune in the oil and gas industry.  I mean, the man is a football genius so he must know about that......

3 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I think I'm going to send Belichick a note and ask him how to make a fortune in the oil and gas industry.  I mean, the man is a football genius so he must know about that......

Clearly you mistook my point

2 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

Clearly you mistook my point

Then make it more clearly.  Here's your post:

Whenever Terry speaks I find myself wondering how that idiot made so much money.

I mean, fracking, but still....that man is an idiot. If you disagree with me, may I present the Sabers and Bills....

What exact point are your trying to make?  You do realize that Jerry Jones is the only owner in the league that even sniffed the level of professional ball, right? 

32 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Call em the way I see em.  No one lied.  It's stupid to say otherwise.

Didn't know old people couldn't see, guess you confirmed that, thanks.

Told the Pegulas they were not going to be good this year, ok, did he also tell Williams, Lorax, Shady and the rest of the bunch they weren't going to be any good this year? I don't believe he did. If he did tell the Pegulas that yet didn't tell the players that, then I guess he lied to somebody didn't he.

What did he tell them if you seem to know, give me an answer instead of snarky insults and name calling, which is something you and 3 year olds seem to have in common.  

2 minutes ago, pop gun said:

Didn't know old people couldn't see, guess you confirmed that, thanks.

Told the Pegulas they were not going to be good this year, ok, did he also tell Williams, Lorax, Shady and the rest of the bunch they weren't going to be any good this year? I don't believe he did. If he did tell the Pegulas that yet didn't tell the players that, then I guess he lied to somebody didn't he.

What did he tell them if you seem to know, give me an answer instead of snarky insults and name calling, which is something you and 3 year olds seem to have in common.  

You run around calling people you don't know liars, and others are the three year olds?

What Mcd said?  First of all I was not in the room.  What I think he would say to his veterans is that they want to be competitive both short term and long term, with the goal of being a franchise that is consistently competing for titles year in and year out.  I think that's a safe presumption because that is what the HC and GM have said pretty much since they were hired.

This year things went wrong.  The QB that they were brining in to be the veteran presence didn't cut it.  And yes, when they traded him they should have got another guy in.  Perhaps you did not see it this weekend but Beane said that.  And I think players appreciate candor from the coaches and front office when they screw something up.  LIke McD did when he talked to the team after starting Peterman against the Chargers. 

I don't think they told anyone they weren't going to be good this year.  So if that's your position then the rest of your stuff falls flat.  They have not gotten the performance they wanted out of the offense.  Absolutely true.  And those decisions are on them, also true.  The one thing they have made no secret about, to players and owners and fans alike, is that they felt they had to get out from under some bloated contracts, so they took a big cap hit this year. 

44 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Then make it more clearly.  Here's your post:

What exact point are your trying to make?  You do realize that Jerry Jones is the only owner in the league that even sniffed the level of professional ball, right? 

I wrote 'i'm wondering how a man so stupid made his money' and then I referenced fracking.....to demonstrate I know the answer to the question and that the question was rhetorical. 

29 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

What Mcd said?  First of all I was not in the room.  What I think he would say to his veterans is that they want to be competitive both short term and long term, with the goal of being a franchise that is consistently competing for titles year in and year out.  I think that's a safe presumption because that is what the HC and GM have said pretty much since they were hired.

This year things went wrong.  The QB that they were brining in to be the veteran presence didn't cut it.  And yes, when they traded him they should have got another guy in.  Perhaps you did not see it this weekend but Beane said that.  And I think players appreciate candor from the coaches and front office when they screw something up.  LIke McD did when he talked to the team after starting Peterman against the Chargers. 

I don't think they told anyone they weren't going to be good this year.  So if that's your position then the rest of your stuff falls flat.  They have not gotten the performance they wanted out of the offense.  Absolutely true.  And those decisions are on them, also true.  The one thing they have made no secret about, to players and owners and fans alike, is that they felt they had to get out from under some bloated contracts, so they took a big cap hit this year. 

That's a good boy, a nice big boy answer. Thank You

The OP is spot on.  They are 100% responsible as they are the ones that set the vision for where this org. is going and who is at the helm to lead it.  The hiring of McDermott a coach who has the totally wrong vision for what it takes to succeed in 2018 was a horrendous mistake.  Unfortunately for us the fans, the Pegulas will compound their mistake with McDermott by not admitting their mistake and allowing him to continue as HC heading into the 2019 season.

3 hours ago, The_Dude said:

When you are astute enough to earn enough money to buy the Sabres and Bills, let me know.  

I bet Terry can at least spell "Sabres" correctly.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

When you are astute enough to earn enough money to buy the Sabres and Bills, let me know.  

I bet Terry can at least spell "Sabres" correctly.  

As a former dragoon I know how to spell the word. A thousand apologies there. 

Wealth isn’t an indicator of intelligence.

And if I owned the Bills — we’d be talking about Mahomes to Watkins. 

6 hours ago, billsfan61184 said:

They have a lot of cap space but still no way to get a Franchise QB. We all can pray and hope Allen is the answer but if not there are no Options in FA for a Franchise QB in 2019 or 2020 that aren't over 35 years old.  Which leaves us to continually have to waste high draft picks hoping we can land the next Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady and hoping we can fill all our other holes thru Free Agency

And this is the gist of the problem.  The prognosis for next year is pretty bright.  We have a fair amount of draft picks and a lot of cap space to acquire players.

But finding a franchise QB seems to be a matter of luck as much as skill.  Highly touted guys frequently crash and burn.   

So do you spend another high draft pick on a QB to increase your odds?  Do you gamble that Allen is the man and build around him?  I imagine we'll do the latter but it's a crap shoot.  

Just now, The_Dude said:

I intentionally used the word "astute" not intelligence.  It's hard to deny that Terry is astute.  He saw an opportunity in fracking and built up  a successful team that made him billions.  

Others didn't see the opportunity or didn't accurately assess it.  Still others did see the same opportunity but failed to build organizations that could successfully exploit it.

Terry's not the best public speaker by a long shot.  But he's not an 'idiot' either.  He's still a relative neophyte as a franchise owner but I'm not pessimistic about the outlook.  He'll learn.  He'll get better.  

as·tute
/əˈst(y)o͞ot/
adjective

1. having or showing an ability to accurately assess situations or people and turn this to one's advantage.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

And this is the gist of the problem.  The prognosis for next year is pretty bright.  We have a fair amount of draft picks and a lot of cap space to acquire players.

But finding a franchise QB seems to be a matter of luck as much as skill.  Highly touted guys frequently crash and burn.   

So do you spend another high draft pick on a QB to increase your odds?  Do you gamble that Allen is the man and build around him?  I imagine we'll do the latter but it's a crap shoot.  

I intentionally used the word "astute" not intelligence.  It's hard to deny that Terry is astute.  He saw an opportunity in fracking and built up  a successful team that made him billions.  

Others didn't see the opportunity or didn't accurately assess it.  Still others did see the same opportunity but failed to build organizations that could successfully exploit it.

Terry's not the best public speaker by a long shot.  But he's not an 'idiot' either.  He's still a relative neophyte as a franchise owner but I'm not pessimistic about the outlook.  He'll learn.  He'll get better.  

as·tute
/əˈst(y)o͞ot/
adjective

1. having or showing an ability to accurately assess situations or people and turn this to one's advantage.

Hes an idiot when it comes to sports. Disprove that. 

23 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I think it goes something like this

Kim and Terry "This offense SUCKS!
Bean and McD "Kim and Terry we told you it was going to get worse before it got better and you hired us to get this done for you.   We did not anticipate how bad the QB play was going to be and we didnt think we would be replacing over half of the offensive line......but give us a chance to carry out our plan and if you dont like the product next season....we will fire ourselves"

Kim and Terry "Sigh......."

OK I'll agree with you there, but where's the lies and the misleading part?  I'd agree they underestimated the QB part and even there think it came down to they felt AJ would have looked/played much better than he did.  Not excusing them for that, but seems like that was their big mistake and not bringing in a guy like Anderson earlier. 

The other big mistake was winning 9 games last year which resulted in a worse than expected draft position and resulted in leaving the "cupboard" more bare.

On 11/5/2018 at 4:58 PM, The_Dude said:

And Andy Reid would have been the coach?

...yup...blame the Pegulas......Terry wrote a check for $1.4 BILLION to be embarrassed and the laughing stock of the league.......ignorance is bliss for some.......hell get Charmin' as a primary sponsor and have 'em put the Bills logo on their sh%&ty paper............oh joy............

• Like (+1) 2