WHO DESERVES THE BLAME?? THE PEGULAS!

10 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Lied to?

Are McDermott and Beane actually working for the Jets or Dolphins? And have penetrated the Bills front office for the sole purpose of destroying the team? Mwuhahahaha?

Good Lord, folks.

That's not what Wayne is saying at all.  There doesn't have to be a conspiracy going on in the background in order for the Pegulas to have made bad hires.  I mean, the evidence is pretty strong to suggest that they aren't good at this, and have been taken in by grifters again and again.

1 minute ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Beane told the Pegulas the obvious truth: that the cap situation is a mess thanks to backloaded instant gratification contracts and if we’re going to build this right and set the team up for long-term success we’re going to have to dump players with the worst contracts which may result in some pain in the short-term.

Or maybe you’re right - he’s working for the Jets and is trying to destroy the team from within. Mwuhahahahaha!

Even given the cap situation, which was clearly mismanaged by granting ridiculous contracts to players who have not earned them, the current regime continues to make terrible decisions that have nothing to do with the cap. 

Edited by dorquemada

2 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

That's not what Wayne is saying at all.  There doesn't have to be a conspiracy going on in the background in order for the Pegulas to have made bad hires.  I mean, the evidence is pretty strong to suggest that they aren't good at this, and have been taken in by grifters again and again.

pop gun literally said “IMO the Pegulas were misled and lied to from these two clowns”.

25 minutes ago, Kwai San said:

I wonder how much the Pegs are actually holding peoples feet to the fire?  Perhaps they learned from the Sabres that the Bill need a #1 pick??  Who knows??

If the Pegula's think that all the Bills need is "a number one pick", they must be totally delusional.

For that matter any of you fans that think that all this team needs just one or two good players are delusional.

This team is one hot mess. The GM & head coach are clueless. If anyone does have a clue, they aren't saying!

The Bills have a roster of NFL caliber players. Not the best mind you, but all of them made it to the NFL. Somehow, no one seems to be able to get these players to play as a TEAM.

Sloppy, mindless, aimless, halfhearted, attempts.

Build a culture? You are suppose to be building an NFL FOOTBALL TEAM - for Christ sake! 

The blame lay with the previous regime who capped us out being an 8-8 team.  Yes, we could have rebuilt slower and maintained a 7-9 type team to make everyone feel better but we chose to bite the bullet and take our medicine to fix it in one go.  This off-season is going to be what makes or breaks this regime since they will have the cap room, young players and surplus draft picks 

Edited by Woodman19
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

You can credit them with making the right choice on Jason Botterill for GM. He came in here and got rid of the dead weight and brought in players that can play in today's NHL. He came in analyzed and addressed the biggest needs in the organization in less than two years. That is complete opposite of what I have seen from Beane.  We got rid of good players who can play in today's NFL because they weren't good character guys or had bad contracts. all I have seen from Beane is how many former Carolina Panthers can we bring in

15 minutes ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

My biggest sticking point is two head coaching hires that want to run first and lean on the defense.

That’s just not what the league is anymore, and hasn’t been for a while, and they should have realized it after Rex.

That’s on ownership.

Well we get bad weather in Buffalo 

2 minutes ago, Woodman19 said:

The blames lay with the previous regime who capped us out being an 8-8 team.  Yes, we could have rebuilt slower and maintained a 7-9 type team to make everyone feel better but we chose to bite the bullet and take our medicine to fix it in one go.  This off-season is going to be what makes or breaks this regime since they will have the cap room, young players and surplus draft picks 

so this is going to happen quickly now? This team does not get fixed in one off-season

• Like (+1) 2

54 minutes ago, billsfan61184 said:

This is my first post and it takes a lot for me to actually make a post but I have finally hit my breaking point.

All I hear about is trust the process, and we are creating a culture. I keep hearing we want the right players and people "onboard".   I have heard our head coach say that culture trumps strategy and talent.  I have listened to the same post game news conference for the last 25 weeks " We have to watch the tape and get better" Well guess what there hasn't been one game this year minus the Vikings game (which was basically the defense putting the offense in great positions) where this offense looked like it actually belonged in the NFL

Who are the first people we blame? Obviously its the HC and the GM but thru the last 9 weeks what we have put on the field is not football, its not even JV Football, its more like playing in the backyard with our friends, go to the car turn around and I will throw it to you. Unfortunately when we throw the ball it goes to the other team more often than our own. 

We have been embarrassed in 5 out of the 9 games and are the laughing stock of the NFL. Who are the only people we haven't heard from so far this season? The Pegulas!  Why are they getting a free pass? They are the only ones with the power to change things. I know we made the playoffs last year by a fluke. I can't believe that they are allowing this coach to stay and are overlooking what is easily becoming one of the worst seasons in the history of the Bills/NFL just because they broke the drought. Our fans come out every game and show their support and pad their pockets yet they have said and done nothing to show this type of football is unacceptable.  Until the Pegula's hold this Coach and GM responsible we will continue to see a offense born in the 1950's and when it inevitably fails the response will be "We thought we had the right guy to create a winning culture"

I'm sorry for the negativity but every fan at some point hits their breaking point and yesterday was it for me.

Thanks for sharing your completely unique and refreshing take with all of us.

We are all better for it.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, billsfan61184 said:

You can credit them with making the right choice on Jason Botterill for GM. He came in here and got rid of the dead weight and brought in players that can play in today's NHL. He came in analyzed and addressed the biggest needs in the organization in less than two years. That is complete opposite of what I have seen from Beane.  We got rid of good players who can play in today's NFL because they weren't good character guys or had bad contracts. all I have seen from Beane is how many former Carolina Panthers can we bring in

Thats Because GM Botts is not a yes man to the coach like Beane is to McD. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, nucci said:

so this is going to happen quickly now? This team does not get fixed in one off-season

Well, having money to buy value free agents and draft picks in the top 5 range in theory should help more than no surplus cap space and picks in the 10-15 range...

It is still a work in progress.  The plan is to give these guys a shot at roster building through the acquired assets and cap space.  They will sink or swim.  It feels like they are sinking, but we wont find out until next season, and maybe even beyond because it is/was a longview plan (which I agree/agreed with).

I am troubled by the decisions made around the QB position and the offense as a whole (including philosophy).  There are also certain troubling personnel moves (like trading Darby for Matthews and acquiring that tub of rocks Kelvin Benjamin they should have known he was a soft simpleton).

The time to make major changes is not now.  Or probably not at the end of the season.  It will be on the Pegulas to pull the plug when the time is right and the writing is clear on the wall.  If that time comes, I really hope they dont grasp around on their own in the dark and employ some experienced exec help to right the franchise.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Woodman19 said:

Well, having money to buy value free agents and draft picks in the top 5 range in theory should help more than no surplus cap space and picks in the 10-15 range...

other teams will have cap space as well......and draft picks

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Thats Because GM Botts is not a yes man to the coach like Beane is to McD. 

Exactly!!!

And I put that on Pegula's. There is no way Beane should be answering to McD. If Beane is the GM he should be in control.  If Mcdermott was as successful as someone like Belichek or Andy Reid, etc I could understand. Mcdermott has not proven anything to be given the type of power he was given and that mistake falls on the Pegula's.

1 minute ago, Wayne Arnold said:

All of the dead cap from the Whaley regime is gone after this year. Do you consider that a coincidence?

I'm just saying that many teams will have a lot of money to spend for FAs...it happens every year. The Bills don't have a big advantage in signing players

Just now, billsfan61184 said:

Exactly!!!

And I put that on Pegula's. There is no way Beane should be answering to McD. If Beane is the GM he should be in control.  If Mcdermott was as successful as someone like Belichek or Andy Reid, etc I could understand. Mcdermott has not proven anything to be given the type of power he was given and that mistake falls on the Pegula's.

Thats because our owner in his own words is a Hockey guy. 

Tough times this year.  With respect to the culture stuff that gets criticized around here, go to si.com today and look at the article on the Pats victory yesterday, then read what Dwayne Allen says about the team.  Yep, it's all about culture. 

I am as frustrated as anyone with the way they looked yesterday.  People are blasting Peterman again, but he looked like what he is supposed to be yesterday, a backup QB.  When you hit WRs right in the numbers and they can't hold onto the ball, there isn't much you can do.  But he also went brain dead with his run at the end of the half, and that can't be accepted.

Despite all the howling at the moon, you cannot just continue to recycle HCs and GMs all the time and ever expect success.  Just won't happen.  The current GM and HC have said continually that the rebuild will take some time.  They're right.  They have to rebuild the O line; yesterday's performance up front was an embarrassment.   They have to find WRs other than Jones that will compete for balls and actually catch balls that hit them right in the hands.  They need to get their young franchise potential QB back on the field. 

So this year sucks, but I guess my age and history with the BIlls makes it less painful than for others.  I can still think back to the AFL championships of 1964 and 1965.  But I can also remember the days of Dan Darragh playing QB, or Joe Dufek, or coaches like John Rauch, Jim Ringo, Hank Bulllough.   So I know it can be way worse.

What the current situation reminds me of more than anything was the early 80's, when a young assistant GM named Bill Polian came on board as the new GM.  And the first thing he told Ralph was that he could not win with the players he had, and that he had to start spending money if he wanted to compete.  Even under Polian the first couple years were lean years, but after getting their QB, after drafting well, after judicious trades and FA acquisitions, you all know what happened.

Is Beane another Polian?  Or McD another Marv?  Have no way to tell right now.  If you think Beane and McD don't understand they need to do a serious upgrade on the offensive side of the ball, you're being willfully ignorant.  Can they accomplish that?  We will see.  They set themselves up to have a bunch of cap space and a bunch of picks.  It's on them to use them wisely.  if they don't, then they will deservedly be looking for employment down the road.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Charlottebillsfan2 said:

So can I credit the Pegulas with the Sabres turnaround? 

Maybe you should wait a little while before proclaiming that the Sabres have turned it around.  After all, it's not hard to show improvement, when you were so bad the prior year.  Come talk to me when they have made the playoffs in a league where it shouldn't be that hard to achieve that(half the teams make the playoffs), but somehow the Sabres under the Pegula's have been a train wreck since they took over.

As of right now, as owners of the Bills and Sabres, they have shown NOTHING in terms of being competent owners, except their willingness to spend a lot of money.  Excuse me if I want more out of my local sports teams.

No one should be mad about Peterman.  Instead direct your anger at the buffoon of a HC who keeps trotting him out there, and the clueless owners who hired said HC.

Edited by LabattBlue
  • Like (+1) 2