WHO DESERVES THE BLAME?? THE PEGULAS!

This is my first post and it takes a lot for me to actually make a post but I have finally hit my breaking point.

All I hear about is trust the process, and we are creating a culture. I keep hearing we want the right players and people "onboard".   I have heard our head coach say that culture trumps strategy and talent.  I have listened to the same post game news conference for the last 25 weeks " We have to watch the tape and get better" Well guess what there hasn't been one game this year minus the Vikings game (which was basically the defense putting the offense in great positions) where this offense looked like it actually belonged in the NFL

Who are the first people we blame? Obviously its the HC and the GM but thru the last 9 weeks what we have put on the field is not football, its not even JV Football, its more like playing in the backyard with our friends, go to the car turn around and I will throw it to you. Unfortunately when we throw the ball it goes to the other team more often than our own. 

We have been embarrassed in 5 out of the 9 games and are the laughing stock of the NFL. Who are the only people we haven't heard from so far this season? The Pegulas!  Why are they getting a free pass? They are the only ones with the power to change things. I know we made the playoffs last year by a fluke. I can't believe that they are allowing this coach to stay and are overlooking what is easily becoming one of the worst seasons in the history of the Bills/NFL just because they broke the drought. Our fans come out every game and show their support and pad their pockets yet they have said and done nothing to show this type of football is unacceptable.  Until the Pegula's hold this Coach and GM responsible we will continue to see a offense born in the 1950's and when it inevitably fails the response will be "We thought we had the right guy to create a winning culture"

I'm sorry for the negativity but every fan at some point hits their breaking point and yesterday was it for me.

Edited by billsfan61184
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, billsfan61184 said:

This is my first post and it takes a lot for me to actually make a post but I have finally hit my breaking point.

All I hear about is trust the process, and we are creating a culture. I keep hearing we want the right players and people "onboard".   I have heard our head coach say that culture trumps strategy and talent.  I have listened to the same post game news conference for the last 25 weeks " We have to watch the tape and get better" Well guess what there hasn't been one game this year minus the Vikings game (which was basically the defense putting the offense in great positions) where this offense looked like it actually belonged in the NFL

Who are the first people we blame? Obviously its the HC and the GM but thru the last 9 weeks what we have put on the field is not football, its not even JV Football, its more like playing in the backyard with our friends, go to the car turn around and I will throw it to you. Unfortunately when we throw the ball it goes to the other team more often than our own. 

We have been embarrassed in 5 out of the 9 games and are the laughing stock of the NFL. Who are the only people we haven't heard from so far this season? The Pegulas!  Why are they getting a free pass? They are the only ones with the power to change things. I know we made the playoffs last year by a fluke. I can't believe that they are allowing this coach to stay and are overlooking what is easily becoming one of the worst seasons in the history of the Bills/NFL just because they broke the drought. Our fans come out every game and show their support and pad their pockets yet they have said and done nothing to show this type of football is unacceptable.  Until the Pegula's hold this Coach and GM responsible we will continue to see a offense born in the 1950's and when it inevitably fails the response will be "We thought we had the right guy to create a winning culture"

I'm sorry for the negativity but every fan at some point hits their breaking point and yesterday was it for me.

Well, they own the franchise, and it's their right to decide on how to address it. 

The only question remaining for me is if the plan truly was to tear it all down and start again.  As painful as it is to watch yet another lost season--an experience that repeats itself on a decades-long pace in WNY--if that was the plan, then it would be irresponsible for the Pegulas to get cold feet now. If this was the plan as sold--break it down build it up and we're going to pay on year one or two, then see it through. 

As bad as they are, playing marginally better and winning 5 games doesn't make December any better. Winning 8, same deal. On the other hand, if by now the plan was to be competitive, well decisions have to be made.

As for the fans coming, my only thought is that if the product sucks, less money should be spent. I know there are fans with season tix, I pay for DirecTV and travel to some home games, but this product blows, so other than the social/family aspect--which is great--i can always fast forward to the end. Ironically, with this team the end is usually midway through the first quarter. 

3 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Well, they own the franchise, and it's their right to decide on how to address it. 

The only question remaining for me is if the plan truly was to tear it all down and start again.  As painful as it is to watch yet another lost season--an experience that repeats itself on a decades-long pace in WNY--if that was the plan, then it would be irresponsible for the Pegulas to get cold feet now. If this was the plan as sold--break it down build it up and we're going to pay on year one or two, then see it through. 

As bad as they are, playing marginally better and winning 5 games doesn't make December any better. Winning 8, same deal. On the other hand, if by now the plan was to be competitive, well decisions have to be made.

As for the fans coming, my only thought is that if the product sucks, less money should be spent. I know there are fans with season tix, I pay for DirecTV and travel to some home games, but this product blows, so other than the social/family aspect--which is great--i can always fast forward to the end. Ironically, with this team the end is usually midway through the first quarter. 

Why must it be torn down?  Why not get an offensive mind to fix the Offense and go forward ala the Rams??

• Like (+1) 3

14 minutes ago, billsfan61184 said:

It doesn't necessarily mean it deserves its own thread when it could have gone into any one of the other 1000 "the Pegulas, Beane, and McDermott don't know what they are doing and should be banished from civilized society" threads

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Why must it be torn down?  Why not get an offensive mind to fix the Offense and go forward ala the Rams??

I don't disagree with your point at all. Teams turn things around to respectable-at-least all the time. However, the Pegulas hired THESE guys, and if that was the plan it is what it is. 

I'm as sick as anyone on watching this debacle. 

26 minutes ago, billsfan61184 said:

IMO the Pegulas were misled and lied to from these two clowns, I guess you could blame them for being nice people that are too naive and gullible.  

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, billsfan61184 said:

I have heard our head coach say that culture trumps strategy and talent. 

Yeah that's really the crux of the issue.  Our JV level clapping moron of a coach thinks that he has a system that is so strong, so airtight, that he can plug any player into it and succeed.  Obviously, reality says otherwise, but I don't believe McD has the type of personality, or frankly the football acumen, to recognize how wrong he is.   He's married to his own bad ideas and for some reason has been given a really long leash to continue to prove that he does not belong in the NFL. 

There is certainly a spectrum of talent <---> culture in a winning strategy, and I think that the 2018 Buffalo Bills have successfully defined one end of that spectrum, and we can declare with an extremely high confidence level that this is not a winning formula.  One interesting aspect of this is that besides the fact that the bills are deeply lacking in talent on O, that it's also a high probability that the culture that McD is enforcing is also bad.  If there was even a tiny amount of truth to 'culture trumps talent' then the Bills wouldn't be getting blown out over and over again.   All i see on the field as a team that by all appearances has given up on the season and probably the coach.   If that is Clappy McDumbass's culture/process, then it's clear that he just isn't fit to be a coach on the NFL, or probably even college above the D3 level.  It's just a damn shame that this D is going to get wasted.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, pop gun said:

IMO the Pegulas were misled and lied to from these two clowns, I guess you could blame them for being nice people that are too naive and gullible.  

Lied to?

Are McDermott and Beane actually working for the Jets or Dolphins? And have penetrated the Bills front office for the sole purpose of destroying the team? Mwuhahahaha?

Good Lord, folks.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Wayne Arnold said:

Lied to?

Are McDermott and Beane actually working for the Jets or Dolphins? And have penetrated the Bills front office for the sole purpose of destroying the team? Mwuhahahaha?

Good Lord, folks.

So you're saying he told the Pegulas they would be epically bad and the Pegulas were a okay with it? 

My biggest sticking point is two head coaching hires that want to run first and lean on the defense.

That’s just not what the league is anymore, and hasn’t been for a while, and they should have realized it after Rex.

That’s on ownership.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The issue I have is that in order to be a great coach in the NFL you have to be able to adapt to what is happening around you. McDermott has no idea nor does he want to about how things are changing in the NFL on Offense. You have to be able to throw the football to win. You can't go 3 and out and put your defense on the field for 35-40 minutes every game.  You can't just draft at a QB in the Top 10 and not address the O-Line and Skill Positions around him.  We have proven that we are willing to just trade away crucial 2nd and 3rd picks for guys like Zay Jones, Dawkins, Allen, Edmunds. Now I know some of these guys MAY pan out, but at a time where we are thin at every position we could have had an-additional 3-4 starters with those picks. I am worried that even with $90+ MM in Cap Space we are going to have to overpay anyone worth bringing in just based on how things went this year so we could burn thru that quickly and still not fill all the holes we need to on Offense next year.

1 minute ago, pop gun said:

So you're saying he told the Pegulas they would be epically bad and the Pegulas were a okay with it? 

Beane told the Pegulas the obvious truth: that the cap situation is a mess thanks to backloaded instant gratification contracts and if we’re going to build this right and set the team up for long-term success we’re going to have to dump players with the worst contracts which may result in some pain in the short-term.

Or maybe you’re right - he’s working for the Jets and is trying to destroy the team from within. Mwuhahahahaha!

• Haha (+1) 3