Peterman the $614k scapegoat

Kevin1778

4 minutes ago, Kevin1778 said:

He was paid like a 3rd string quarterback and asked to start because the starter they brought in got hurt in preseason and they didn't want to throw Allen to the wolves.

Did they renegotiate his contract and pay him like a starter? No. He was never supposed to start. He was a placeholder for the highly paid franchise QB.

They can’t renegotiate his contract. He’s on his rookie deal. Just admit that you love him...

4 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

I'll go you one better.  I'd say if you put Peterman under center the Chiefs still put up 24 to 27 points game with that supporting cast and coaching staff.  That's how much the Bills offensive line up sucks.  Even funnier, and a total long-shot, would be when the Bills release him Andy Reid picks him up and turns him into a serviceable back up!     

No, Nate Peterman would be the same turnover machine that he is. The guys isn’t an NFL QB and he may not be on an NFL roster by the end of the week if Allen is healthy. His career is at the end.

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

They can’t renegotiate his contract. He’s on his rookie deal. Just admit that you love him...

I'm guessing that SaviorPeterman has resurfaced with a new board name.  He's once again taking up the cause in between high level business meetings. 

37 minutes ago, Kevin1778 said:

People have turned Peterman into a punching bag when in actuality he gets paid $614k, what a 3rd QB gets paid. The real problem are the big 4 highly paid "stars" on offense. Look at those contracts and look at their production. The Big 4 on offense have been awful. Their stats through NINE games is beyond bad. In fact Peterman has thrown for a TD and run for a TD. Those 2TD's are more than McCoy, Clay, and Benjamin have COMBINED.

Josh Allen $ 3.85M

832Yds 2TD 5 INT

LeSean McCoy $8.95M

267yds ZERO TD's

Charles Clay $9.00M

169yds ZERO TD's

Kelvin Benjamin $8.5M

302yds 1TD

So why doesn't Peterman just throw them more TD passes?

I don't care if they're paying him $614 dollars. He does not have the skill set to step on an NFL field. As for the other 3 they won't be on this team next year. And finally yes the coaches and ownership have screwed this whole thing up. What else is new.

Edited by LABILLBACKER

50 minutes ago, Kevin1778 said:

People have turned Peterman into a punching bag when in actuality he gets paid $614k, what a 3rd QB gets paid. The real problem are the big 4 highly paid "stars" on offense. Look at those contracts and look at their production. The Big 4 on offense have been awful. Their stats through NINE games is beyond bad. In fact Peterman has thrown for a TD and run for a TD. Those 2TD's are more than McCoy, Clay, and Benjamin have COMBINED.

Josh Allen $ 3.85M

832Yds 2TD 5 INT

LeSean McCoy $8.95M

267yds ZERO TD's

Charles Clay $9.00M

169yds ZERO TD's

Kelvin Benjamin $8.5M

302yds 1TD

I think most people use Peterman to show the awful decision making in the front office.

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

No, Nate Peterman would be the same turnover machine that he is. The guys isn’t an NFL QB and he may not be on an NFL roster by the end of the week if Allen is healthy. His career is at the end.

Well, we can agree to disagree.  Stranger things have happened (and if you're old enough like me!) like when the Pats gave up on Jim Plunkett, because he sucked and threw 87 INT's over 5 seasons, but he pulled it together later in his career and lead the Raiders to the SB XV. 

Any confidence Peterman had is shot and his stats and play show he shouldn't see the field again in a Bills uniform.  I don't think even a HOF QB could lead this sorry offense to the end zone.  This offense is a joke and with Peterman just to a higher level.  Like the joke, how do you keep the Bills offense out of your front yard?  Draw a goal line.. 

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

You forgot the videos of their last 3 INTs. 

This year hasnt really upset me like a lot of others. I expected a really bad football team. This whole year was about Josh Allen and that hasn’t changed. He has shown some good and some bad. They need to get him back out there as soon as they can to see what they have. He will be evaluated through next season and we hopefully have our guy. That would make this year a success.

With respect to Peterman the third qb will be replaced by the two qbs ahead of him when they are healthy. The crushing problem is that the starters on the OL and receiving unit are atrocious to the point that they shouldn't be in the league. Our OL is so bad that for the most part it doesn't allow a play to develop in either the running and passing game. Probably our most talented lineman, Dawkins, is more suited to play guard than tackle. As a tackle he is below average at best. 

In all the games that I have watched the analysts have repeatedly shown passing plays from the qb's perspective where the receivers are consistently being blanketed by the defenders. Benjamin is the worst in that aspect of having any separation from the defender. It's as if the defender is riding piggy back with this useless tall receiver. He's simply a waste.

I really didn't expect much from this season. The only utility that the rest of the season serves is getting Allen playing time. Every decision regarding the offense should revolve around the issue whether it will make the rookie qb better prepared for the next season. On the other hand my biggest concern is that our OL is so inept that it will get the young qb maimed. 

I'm not as pessimistic as most are here. This throwaway season was predictable. The focus on the offseason is to dramatically upgrade the line through free agency, and need be the draft. Unless that is done the cycle of futility will continue to repeat itself. 

McDermott has shown that he knows how to coach on the defensive side of the ball. He needs to re-calibrate and put a lot of effort in upgrading the dysfunctional offense to at least a functional offense. It starts with rebuilding the line.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Well, we can agree to disagree.  Stranger things have happened (and if you're old enough like me!) like when the Pats gave up on Jim Plunkett, because he sucked and threw 87 INT's over 5 seasons, but he pulled it together later in his career and lead the Raiders to the SB XV. 

Any confidence Peterman had is shot and his stats and play how he shouldn't see the field again in a Bills uniform.  I don't think even a HOF QB could lead this sorry offense to the end zone.  This offense is a joke and with Peterman just to a higher level.  Like the joke, how do you keep the Bills offense out of your front yard?  Draw a goal line.. 

I don’t believe that Nate Peterman can orchestrate an offense that scores in the top half of the league (24-27 points). He doesn’t belong in the league and will be out of it before the year is over. 

There is is something to be said for giving a young QB a chance. The Chiefs surrounded Mahomes with weapons and Andy Reid. We gave Josh Allen, Jason Croom and Brian Daboll. That is a massive organizational failure. They haven’t done that kid any favors. 

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Kevin1778 said:

He did. Benjamin dropped it. Did you not watch yesterday's game?

Technically, not a drop at all. It was a “pass defensed” - the db got his hand in right away right at the point of where the ball wound up in his hands and swatted it away. A better wr with stronger hands (boldin, watkins) hangs on, but most wrs in the league don’t make that catch.

• Thank you (+1) 1

The offense is bad. Peterman is the worst starting QB in the NFL. Anderson is likely just above Peterman. Barkley is probably sandwiched in between Peterman and Anderson. The OL is bad. Outside of the gameplan in Minny the scheming has been bad. No lanes for Shady. Not really much time for the QB. Guys are open, but we just don't have anyone to get the ball to them consistently. Benjamin probably has close to as many drops as he does catches. Clay has lost a step. Zay is looking better. Dawkins is decent, but the rest of the OL needs to be addressed. No money this year to do much. We have 90 mill and 10 picks to get this thing turned around in the right direction. We'll see what it looks like early next May. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, H2o said:

The offense is bad. Peterman is the worst starting QB in the NFL. Anderson is likely just above Peterman. Barkley is probably sandwiched in between Peterman and Anderson. The OL is bad. Outside of the gameplan in Minny the scheming has been bad. No lanes for Shady. Not really much time for the QB. Guys are open, but we just don't have anyone to get the ball to them consistently. Benjamin probably has close to as many drops as he does catches. Clay has lost a step. Zay is looking better. Dawkins is decent, but the rest of the OL needs to be addressed. No money this year to do much. We have 90 mill and 10 picks to get this thing turned around in the right direction. We'll see what it looks like early next May. 

Calling it bad is far too kind. 

14 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Technically, not a drop at all. It was a “pass defensed” - the db got his hand in right away right at the point of where the ball wound up in his hands and swatted it away. A better wr with stronger hands (boldin, watkins) hangs on, but most wrs in the league don’t make that catch.

He dropped it. Any top wide receiver catches that. He has no vertical. Great receivers always catch balls that hit them on the hands in the endzone. 

1 hour ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Setting aside the weird Peterman love ... the OP has a point. We all know this regime has been all about dumping bad contracts, which is what made it so weird that they went out and acquired Benjamin's contract (which is thankfully up after this year). And weirder still that they didn't try to dump that contract (and Clay's, and Shady's) since it's been obvious this season is over for several weeks now. I see the point of doing a tank job; I don't see the point of what they're doing now.

How do you known they didn't try?  Seriously who would trade for Clay or Benjamin?

I was at the game and haven't seen the broadcast yet..........but was it not obvious on TV that there were 10 defenders within 5 yards(and sometimes 3 yards) of the LOS all game?

You gotta' throw the ball over the top of that kind of defense.

Nate kept throwing right into it.............***** averaged less than 4 yards per attempt.

Not a matter of casting blame on a guy who doesn't deserve criticism..........he simply can't make NFL throws and everyone knows it.

• Thank you (+1) 1