McDermott shouldn't have messed around with a QB competition over the Summer

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

I’m sorry, did YOU decide that?  A lot of people feel this is a developmental year, and if Allen looks like he could be the guy, it’s a great year. I’m not saying he’ll do it, but this was NEVER supposed to be about the record this year. This year is about progress with a promising QB and a quality young core. I’m not even sure where you are coming from. 

I’m not sure where you’re coming from.

This is professional sports. You have fans paying money to see this. Owners who paid $1.4B. 

The team is scoring 10 ppg, the interviews after the games are becoming increasingly harsher, you’re starting a fringe journeyman QB Sunday and you’ve got 7 more games of this to go. 

Allen is hurt, every other QB you have is garbage, and the team has scored 20 points combined the past 3 games. 

Development? What a joke. 

1 minute ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

I’m not sure where you’re coming from.

This is professional sports. You have fans paying money to see this. Owners who paid $1.4B. 

The team is scoring 10 ppg, the interviews after the games are becoming increasingly harsher, you’re starting a fringe journeyman QB Sunday and you’ve got 7 more games of this to go. 

Allen is hurt, every other QB you have is garbage, and the team has scored 20 points combined the past 3 games. 

Development? What a joke. 

Did you see the word “year”? Not week. YEAR. The offseason is critical. If they don’t get going in the right direction, we have a new story. 

The offense is historically awful. Almost funny, even. I’ll look at the big picture, and the long term. I won’t freak out in the moment. 

You DO have the option of just going away. Keeps that in mind. 

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

Did you see the word “year”? Not week. YEAR. The offseason is critical. If they don’t get going in the right direction, we have a new story. 

The offense is historically awful. Almost funny, even. I’ll look at the big picture, and the long term. I won’t freak out in the moment. 

You DO have the option of just going away. Keeps that in mind. 

Ok Augie I will. 

Just now, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Ok Augie I will. 

No, you won’t. And I’m not asking or telling you to. It’s just that so many get so worked up, and act as though their access to oxygen depends upon the Bills success. I’m not bashing ANYONE, just suggesting balance. Be calm, we can’t change this with vitriol. 

1 minute ago, Augie said:

No, you won’t. And I’m not asking or telling you to. It’s just that so many get so worked up, and act as though their access to oxygen depends upon the Bills success. I’m not bashing ANYONE, just suggesting balance. Be calm, we can’t change this with vitriol. 

I’m not upset or angry. 

This team is an embarrasment to the city and fans. I am just stating facts. 

I don’t lose a minute of sleep over this stuff. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

I’m not upset or angry. 

It is an embarrassment but my suggestion has always been tune into the other team in town. They are winning, are exciting to watch and the Sabres have outscored the Bills 53 to 46 since the Sabres season started. 

21 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

I’m not upset or angry. 

Then why are you embarrassed? Did YOU miss a block or a tackle? There appears to be some question about your consistency. You’re not angry or upset, but you are embarrassed? That’s on you. You’re just a guy, a fan. If I’m a CB who gets torched for 4 TD’s, I’d be mad, and maybe embarrassed. 

Please state exactly what is factual about that. 

Edited by Augie

13 minutes ago, Augie said:

Then why are you embarrassed? Did YOU miss a block or a tackle? There appears to be some question about your consistency. You’re not angry or upset, but you are embarrassed? That’s on you. You’re just a guy, a fan. If I’m a CB who gets torched for 4 TD’s, I’d be mad, and maybe embarrassed. 

Please state exactly what is factual about that. 

Augie, I am not upset. I’m not embarrassed, because I’m not the fan who runs around telling everyone how much I believe. I expect the worst from this franchise and they never fail to disappoint. 

The reason the Bills are an embarrassment to the city is because they get laughed at by every national media outlet and show on radio and TV. Playing close to the Patriots is a win for Buffalo. The Bills deserve a pat on the head for close to immortal Brady. 

And our Coach just keeps rambling about field position and blue collar work ethic. 

The Bilks under Beane and McDermott are book of cliches from 1941. 

But let’s go to NY tomorrow and hear about the cram session a career journeyman backup like Barkley had to do in one week to leap frog national joke Nate Peterman, with our Coaching talking about it being the right move, for the right season, at the right time. 

2 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Augie, I am not upset. I’m not embarrassed, because I’m not the fan who runs around telling everyone how much I believe. I expect the worst from this franchise and they never fail to disappoint. 

The reason the Bills are an embarrassment to the city is because they get laughed at by every national media outlet and show on radio and TV. Playing close to the Patriots is a win for Buffalo. The Bills deserve a pat on the head for close to immortal Brady. 

And our Coach just keeps rambling about field position and blue collar work ethic. 

The Bilks under Beane and McDermott are book of cliches from 1941. 

But let’s go to NY tomorrow and hear about the cram session a career journeyman backup like Barkley had to do in one week to leap frog national joke Nate Peterman, with our Coaching talking about it being the right move, for the right season, at the right time. 

So....you are deciding that OTHER people are embarrassed? A city cannot be embarrassed, only people can be embarrassed, and only if they let themselves be embarrassed. Here’s an ironic turn....I’d be more embarrassed about being embarrassed than I would be about the Bills going 0-16. 

16 hours ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Ok, but when you trade up to #7 using up Glenn, #12, #53, #56 are the fans really going to wait 2-3 years on his rookie deal until he goes in? People would be ok watching veteran QBs on their last legs? 

I think this is the dilema. The fans, the organization, the Coaches all say they’ll be patient, they’ll only put guys in when they’re “ready”. But what really happens on losing teams is the losses start to pile up early in the season, Coaches are paid to win now, fans and media start lobbying questions into the Head Coach about whether the Quarterback play is good enough, and this is Week 3. You have 14 weeks to go. 

Allen is in because it’s hard to get one viable Quarterback on the roster, let alone having a quality veteran with quality games left in him. When you’re floundering the Coach (like ours) says this is all part of the plan. The right player, at the right time, in the right situation I believe is the way McDermott phrased it. 

All we're getting to is that the Bills should have never traded up for Allen. As you said, if you give up that much for a guy he needs to play immediately, and that was never a viable plan for an unprepared, mediocre QB from the Mountain West Conference who was picked 7th overall almost entirely because he's 6'5, 240 with a rocket for an arm and "looks" like a franchise QB. He has to learn all the other details associated with playing QB, like how to read a defense pre and post snap, how to throw with consistent accuracy, etc. 

You don't draft guys as raw as he was, who had poor college production and plenty of bad game film, in the first 10 picks of the draft. Not going all out to get someone who could keep Allen on the bench where he belongs will probably be what costs this regime their jobs. 

On 11/10/2018 at 4:10 PM, ShadyBillsFan said:

Are they Tanking or not tanking?

Lets tank but play anyone but Nate

Some off the shelf 2 week at practice QB will storm in and lead the Bills to victory.  

?

Which end is up?

Not tanking, clearly.

But Ws are also not our #1 priority.  Developing our young talent is our #1 priority. 

But not tanking.

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

3-2 in games Josh Allen starts and finishes.

1-5 in games he doesn't.

Oh how different this season would've been if McDermott weren't blinded by his Peterman love and we just did what we shoulda done and given Allen the opportunity to get comfortable with his OL and WRs in Training Camp  :doh:

I think we have beaten this to death...Nate was almost a rookie QB having pretty much redshirted in 2017. The mistake Sean made was to not have started McCarron at the beginning of the season and let Allen learn...Remember, Allen was the most raw QB among all the 1st round picks but also probably with the highest ceiling.   The mistake was in starting Nate and not having a backup plan. 

Or they should have simply chosen to have Allen play through 2018 and gain experience...They chose not to..but did not follow the process in keeping Allen on the sidelines.