RosenNOTchosen1

Why did Rex only get 2 years?

Rex got 2 years cause he was a buffoon........end of story 

• Like 1

Rex Ryan, and his DA twin brother, are buffoons and always will be buffoons.  And that's putting it mildly.  Anyone who can't see that by now, well, I just feel really sorry for you. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, RosenNOTchosen1 said:

If my memory serves me correct this season is much worse than a couple years ago under Rex. Under Rex the team was very competitive and was almost in every single game that is played. Why did Ryan only get 2 years but with McDermott it's an automatic that he's coming back?

🤔

Because the team gave up on him... and he had was a circus level distraction with all hype and no real answers.

5 hours ago, RosenNOTchosen1 said:

If my memory serves me correct this season is much worse than a couple years ago under Rex. Under Rex the team was very competitive and was almost in every single game that is played. Why did Ryan only get 2 years but with McDermott it's an automatic that he's coming back?

🤔

My feeling is that he had a loaded defense from the previous coach and he destroyed it.  He seemed that he did not have any viable plan.  He hired his brother.   He was a clown.  Just a few examples. Just my opinion. 

4 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Playoffs.

Get ready cause we’re going..

Are we going to do ground and pound?

Yeah.. you’re darn right we are.. 

Maybe the Pegulas were concerned the Wrecks was going to pull out the "let's go eat a #¥<<[%+ snack" speech when the Cub Scouts came to visit.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Peter said:

The following is not a popular opinion on this board:

As much as I love the Pegulas, it was a huge mistake h[f]iring Rex.  There is no way a coach should be fired in less than two years --- especially a coach who had been the most successful coach for the Buffalo Bills for the past nearly two decades and who was being undermined behind the scenes with leaks etc.  Rex should have been allowed to at least continue for the term of his contract.

To put things in perspective, the point differential was much worse last year than the year before and the relative offensive and defensive rankings were worse last year than the year before.  

As much as Rex got grief for having11 men on the field (when, as it turns out, a DB got hurt and a defensive back coach presumably did not send a replacement in the game), Rex never had 15 freaking guys on the field as McCoach did last year against the Pats.  I do not think that I ever have seen any other team or coach have 15 guys on the field at the same time.  

Rex also had personality whereas the current guy is McMilktoast and cannot help repeating his stolen mantra the "process."  McCoach is Dick Jauron without the charisma.  Between  his personality and what he has done with the team, he has sucked the life out of the team (and my view of the team under him).

I would take Rex over the current guy and thought it was unfair to undermine and then fire Rex in less than two years. As I state above, Rex should have been allowed to at least coach the team through the term of his contract.

As much as I am not particularly impressed with McCoach, I also think that it would be unfair to fire him in less than two years.

Fixed.

His big mouth and his style. McDermott says all the right things to the media.

47 minutes ago, Sweats said:

Rex got 2 years cause he was a buffoon........end of story 

And McDermott is right there too.

Cause him and his defensive guru brother converted a top 5 defense into a bottom tier defense.

Rex coached the most talent roster Buffalo has had since the Superbowl years (2015 roster was loaded) and underperformed against expectation. He was a half assed Head Coach and it was right that he was fired.

McDermott has coached significantly less talented rosters. What is clear though is that he had pretty significant input into the tear down of these rosters. He gets next year on the basis that he and Beane seem to have bene hired on the basis of this "it will take two years to rebuild" narrative, whereas Rex came to town declaring he was going to win and win immediately.

I am now for the first time of the view that McDermott's seat is warming up. I can't believe the owner expected a team this utterly inept. 2 weeks ago I'd have said it was 99% certain

McDermott and Beane would be back in 2019. Now I am down around 80%. A couple more embarrassments and their position starts to look untenable. The 0-16 Browns were in most games. So far the 2-7 Bills have been blown out big on 5 occasions. The bigger worry is of those 5 only the Chargers and the Packers are teams I would say are playoff standard teams. The Ravens, the Colts and the Bears are in various states of transition themselves.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Helpmenow said:

And McDermott is getting blown out all the time

Not because of the defense....

3 hours ago, RosenNOTchosen1 said:

Through the same number of games this is how they compare.

Rex

12-13

McDermott

11-14

The difference in the salary cap is massive when comparing those two eras.  When Rex came in, the Bills splurged in Free Agency, essentially forming a geriatric all-star team.  When McDermott came in, they had to "pay off the credit cards" from the previous regime. 

If Rex had to purge cap instead of eating up the future, he'd have a different record.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Generic Screen Name 2 said:

Rex Ryan, and his DA twin brother, are buffoons and always will be buffoons. 

Taking a page from Johnnie Cochran, I always think of those two as the 'twin devils of deception'.

So How many Blowout Losses is McDicky J uo to now??

Idk , tbh this Mcd era is the worst bills team I’ve ever seen offensively .. I expect him to be fired but not bean 

24 minutes ago, Azucho98 said:

Not because of the defense....

does it matter? McD is the team coach, not defensive coord. -offensive shortcomings are still his doing.

6 hours ago, RosenNOTchosen1 said:

🤔

Because his roster was full of talented players underachieving not a bunch of nobody's on offense

4 hours ago, RosenNOTchosen1 said:

The defense was ranked 16th which is average.

Our current offense is averaging under 11 points a game and is ranked dead last. 

Look, I get it that the O sux and they DO sux.  But the point the guy is trying to make, that you are blindly comparing the worst O to, is that the D under WREX regressed horribly, the Bills had a top 5 D and it went south due to WREX.  Thats one of the top reasons he was canned.......had an AWESOME D to start with....took that toy and busted it all up in no time.

There comes a point where consistently firing people becomes counter productive.

There's a universe of Head Coach eligibles of about 50 people (including employed coaches).

If you give an OC and HC a offensive roster of spam; and fire them because they can't make a steak dinner out of it --- potential HC's will read this as a hot headed owner to be avoided.

You can't fire every two years and expect to later attract a Cowher, Reid, Belicheck etc. Though you might attract a Hue Jackson.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, 87168 said:

does it matter? McD is the team coach, not defensive coord. -offensive shortcomings are still his doing.

No it doesn't matter.  However, at least MCD has one side of the ball playing well....unlike Ryan.

7 minutes ago, DKBills25 said:

Idk , tbh this Mcd era is the worst bills team I’ve ever seen offensively .. I expect him to be fired but not bean 

To me that is the wrong way round if you are firing one fire the man who has been in charge of building a talentless offense. I do still think that falls on the GM more than the coach, though Sean clearly has more personnel control than most.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Skins Malone said:

Dick Jauron had charisma?  That I dont recall.

Jaruon did not have any charisma. It was my attempt at a joke.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Peter said:

The following is not a popular opinion on this board:

As much as I love the Pegulas, it was a huge mistake firing Rex.  There is no way a coach should be fired in less than two years --- especially a coach who had been the most successful coach for the Buffalo Bills for the past nearly two decades and who was being undermined behind the scenes with leaks etc.  Rex should have been allowed to at least continue for the term of his contract.

To put things in perspective, the point differential was much worse last year than the year before and the relative offensive and defensive rankings were worse last year than the year before.  

As much as Rex got grief for having11 men on the field (when, as it turns out, a DB got hurt and a defensive back coach presumably did not send a replacement in the game), Rex never had 15 freaking guys on the field as McCoach did last year against the Pats.  I do not think that I ever have seen any other team or coach have 15 guys on the field at the same time.  

Rex also had personality whereas the current guy is McMilktoast and cannot help repeating his stolen mantra the "process."  McCoach is Dick Jauron without the charisma.  Between  his personality and what he has done with the team, he has sucked the life out of the team (and my view of the team under him).

I would take Rex over the current guy and thought it was unfair to undermine and then fire Rex in less than two years. As I state above, Rex should have been allowed to at least coach the team through the term of his contract.

As much as I am not particularly impressed with McCoach, I also think that it would be unfair to fire him in less than two years.

Undermined by....leaks??

Anyway, he had the biggest mouth in the building.  And it's not like he wasn't given a chance at being HC.  Maybe you forgot that he drove the Jets off a cliff before the Bills picked him out of a Jersey dumpster.  Every Jets fan knew what was coming for the Bills.

This revisionist Rex hagiography is more a symptom (sadly) of the current state of the Bills.

• Thanks 1