Jump to content
RosenNOTchosen1

Why did Rex only get 2 years?

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, Peter said:

 

We go from being one of the healthiest to nearly the most injured and it did not have an affect?

 

Hmmm.

 

You are just revealing your bias against him.  Got it.

 

Go Gunners.

 

I didn't say it didn't have an effect. I said it was not the most significant factor. Not even close. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/8/2018 at 10:22 PM, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

The way I see it.. Marrone really ****ed us over

 

 

actually it was Whaley and Brandon that effed him over.....Marrone sold Brandon in the interview process about the need for a culture change (Pegula bought in and it is the similar reason he hired McDermott IMO)......but Marrone's approach was  dictatorial "Patton like".....I know folks who hosted a coaching staff and brass dinner in Fairport one night after camp...restaurant was 20 minutes late and Marrone went ballistic....made everyone make up the 20 so they could get back to St John Fisher for more team meetings which went until 9+PM and he wanted Whaley and Brandon present....they hated the regimen and turned on him and Marrone knew he was screwed when the Big Dawgs start to bite....Pegula DID offer him a 4 year, $19.6 mil extension and Marrone said, "I'll get back to you" but did not...TP called him and Marrone claimed to be shopping for his wife's Christmas gift and again said, "I'll get back to you" which he did not, followed by his resignation......Brandon was already in Florida for the holidays so Pegula summoned Whaley....they met on New Year's Eve until 9PM discussing the situation which turned TP's smooth transition plan upside down....so how could I POSSIBLY make this up without having inside knowledge?...seriously?....and why would I post garbage like this to infuriate TBD Brethren?...for my jollies?.....they're in the Smithsonian......dead on arrival.....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GunnerBill said:

 

I didn't say it didn't have an effect. I said it was not the most significant factor. Not even close. 

 

You are showing your bias.  That is like saying the Bills' offensive struggles this year are not affected by the horrible offensive line and wide receivers and the substandard QB play.

 

People have a narrative about Rex and are just unwilling to look at it objectively.  He was the most successful Buffalo Bills head coach in nearly two decades (still is) and people are claiming that he destroyed a defense that was nearly the most injured in the entire NFL - BOTH years.  

 

Notwithstanding this, he still is the most successful Buffalo Bills head coach since Wade.

 

At the same time, McBeane are sucking the life out of the current team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Peter said:

 

You are showing your bias.  That is like saying the Bills' offensive struggles this year are not affected by the horrible offensive line and wide receivers and the substandard QB play.

 

People have a narrative about Rex and are just unwilling to look at it objectively.  He was the most successful Buffalo Bills head coach in nearly two decades (still is) and people are claiming that he destroyed a defense that was nearly the most injured in the entire NFL - BOTH years.  

 

Notwithstanding this, he still is the most successful Buffalo Bills head coach since Wade.

 

At the same time, McBeane are sucking the life out of the current team.

This is what Wrex's sucess looked like:

 

A do-or-die game in December.  Down 21-0 at half.  Players walking around on defense.  The coach hired as a motivator couldn't motivate.

 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201512200was.htm

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Peter said:

 

You are showing your bias.  That is like saying the Bills' offensive struggles this year are not affected by the horrible offensive line and wide receivers and the substandard QB play.

 

People have a narrative about Rex and are just unwilling to look at it objectively.  He was the most successful Buffalo Bills head coach in nearly two decades (still is) and people are claiming that he destroyed a defense that was nearly the most injured in the entire NFL - BOTH years.  

 

Notwithstanding this, he still is the most successful Buffalo Bills head coach since Wade.

 

At the same time, McBeane are sucking the life out of the current team.

 

It is not Peter. I watch every Bills game 3 times. When it comes down to talent in my opinion I say that. When it comes down to coaching and scheme I say that too. In 2015 especially the problems on my objective analysis were about 75% scheme. In 2016 I would put it a little less than that. Rex did a better job coaching wise his 2nd year. Year one was an unmitigated disaster both coaching and scheme.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BringBackOrton said:

This is what Wrex's sucess looked like:

 

A do-or-die game in December.  Down 21-0 at half.  Players walking around on defense.  The coach hired as a motivator couldn't motivate.

 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201512200was.htm

 

. . .  and still the most successful head coach since Wade even though he had nearly the most injured team on defense for each of the two years he was the head coach.

 

At least he did not have 15 guys on defense or an historic amount of blow outs like the current guy . . . .

 

Has anyone ever been caught with 15 defensive players on the field . . . other than McCoach

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Peter said:

 

. . .  and still the most successful head coach since Wade even though he had nearly the most injured team on defense for each of the two years he was the head coach.

 

At least he did not have 15 guys on defense or an historic amount of blow outs like the current guy . . . .

 

Has anyone ever been caught with 15 defensive players on the field . . . other than McCoach

It was awesome winning those two meaningless games at the end of 2015 so Rex could be so successful.  Such success, so Wade.  Wow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

 

It is not Peter. I watch every Bills game 3 times. When it comes down to talent in my opinion I say that. When it comes down to coaching and scheme I say that too. In 2015 especially the problems on my objective analysis were about 75% scheme. In 2016 I would put it a little less than that. Rex did a better job coaching wise his 2nd year. Year one was an unmitigated disaster both coaching and scheme.

 

When you throw out terms like "unmitigated disaster" that is just over the top and betrays a bias.

 

It is fine to have disagreements.  That makes life interesting.  The criticism of Rex on this board, however, is over the top.

2 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

It was awesome winning those two meaningless games at the end of 2015 so Rex could be so successful.  Such success, so Wade.  Wow.

 

Sadly, the Bills games became meaningless before the end of October this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Peter said:

 

When you throw out terms like "unmitigated disaster" that is just over the top and betrays a bias.

 

 

I don't think it is at all. It was the ultimate example of taking proven talent and trying to force fit it into a scheme it does not suit. That is my honest assessment. 

Edited by GunnerBill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GunnerBill said:

 

I don't think it is at all. It was the ultimate example of taken proven talent and trying to force fit it into a scheme it does not suit. That is my honest assessment. 

 

We clearly disagree.  

 

At least we both support the same two football teams . . . the Buffalo Bills and Arsenal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

Pegula DID offer him a 4 year, $19.6 mil extension and Marrone said, "I'll get back to you" but did not...TP called him and Marrone claimed to be shopping for his wife's Christmas gift and again said, "I'll get back to you" which he did not, followed by his resignation

Sounds like he quit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Peter said:

 

When you throw out terms like "unmitigated disaster" that is just over the top and betrays a bias.

 

It is fine to have disagreements.  That makes life interesting.  The criticism of Rex on this board, however, is over the top.

 

Sadly, the Bills games became meaningless before the end of October this year.

Maybe we can win out, miss the playoffs, then say McD has the best record since Wade!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Sounds like he quit

 

...deck was stacked so he took his 4 mil and ran......pretty much a losing situation with Whaley& Brandon against him so he bailed......terming his exit  can take many shapes..........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/5/2018 at 1:46 AM, RosenNOTchosen1 said:

If my memory serves me correct this season is much worse than a couple years ago under Rex. Under Rex the team was very competitive and was almost in every single game that is played. Why did Ryan only get 2 years but with McDermott it's an automatic that he's coming back?

 

🤔

 

 

Rex was nothing more than a Grifter, and he sweet talked his way into a $25M retirement package.

I'm sorry to say, that I was on board with the hire at the time.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

 

...deck was stacked so he took his 4 mil and ran......pretty much a losing situation with Whaley& Brandon against him so he bailed......terming his exit  can take many shapes..........

Sounds like absolute speculation. Regardless Schwartz shoulda taken the job

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, BringBackOrton said:

Maybe we can win out, miss the playoffs, then say McD has the best record since Wade!

 

You left out the bit about throwing Rex under the bus with leaks about him being fired and then firing him in less than two years notwithstanding that he was able to be the best head coach since Wade even though he was the head coach of one of the most injured teams in the NFL.

 

As opposed to the current guy who is going to continue to suck the life out of this team while  there will be general apathy among Bills fans as we see so many of them dressed up as empty seats or $7 tickets in December.

 

 

Edited by Peter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Peter said:

...we see so many of them dressed up as empty seats or $7 tickets in December.

Well, the Bills could tarp off stadium sections ala Jacksonville.  Better yet, what became of all those cardboard cutouts of people used in the filming of 'The Natural' at WMS?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Well, the Bills could tarp off stadium sections ala Jacksonville.  Better yet, what became of all those cardboard cutouts of people used in the filming of 'The Natural' at WMS?

Home Alone style party going on at New Era!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The rex comment about the bears putting the game away in the first quarter on the pregame show today hurt a little. He seemed salty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×