Why did Rex only get 2 years?

16 hours ago, RosenNOTchosen1 said:

If my memory serves me correct this season is much worse than a couple years ago under Rex. Under Rex the team was very competitive and was almost in every single game that is played. Why did Ryan only get 2 years but with McDermott it's an automatic that he's coming back?

?

Because he got us to the playoffs in his first year then went full rebuild mode but hasn’t admitted that to the media 

2 minutes ago, JoeF said:

I still pine for Mularkey....that one really took the sails out of my wind.

Coach Stephenson praised his team's 'character' more often than Coach McDermott checks the tape.  Those were the days.

Anyone else notice the irony of that chiropractor (Dr. Z) running his radio commercial on WGR Sunday, asking people if they can recall their 'worst suffering'?  

I’d take Rex over Clappy. Under Rex the players seemed to have enthusiasm the team looks flat under Clappy. Of course the guy does clap when you fumble a ball or throw an interception. I’m not behind him as a fan and if he were my coach and he clapped at my screw up I’d probably deck him.

He's lucky he got one.

3 hours ago, Peter said:

God forbid that anyone should have a freaking personality.

The Clemson helmet was because his son went to Clemson and he had some fun with it.

The dog biscuit thing was for charity and the Bills supported it.

Rex is a sports fan as are most of us on this board.  He went to a world series game in Cleveland that did not interfere with his responsibilities (and, as I recall, left early to get back to Buffalo).  Oh my God!?!  The horror.  He also went to Sabres games . . . before they actually were good.  God forbid!

The Pegulas and the Bills embraced the fact that he had a personality and even had a web show prior to the second season.

Rex also embraced Buffalo and the Buffalo Bills.  I liked that.  I also liked that he knew who Walt Patulski was and could reference him while he was having fun when he jumped in on a media conference call with the Patriots or knew who the hell Cookie Gilchrist was and could naturally recite - Lookie lookie here comes Cookie - without any prompting.

Say what you will, the guy was all in on the Bills and Buffalo. We are now stuck with an unwatchable team that McCoach has sucked the life out of.  If you have any doubt, take a look at the empty seats in the stands in December and the $7 tickets now.

P.S.  People also claimed that he disrespected Billy B and Brady. He had a funny way of doing that.  Rex actually said that they probably were both the best in the history of the game.

You left out the part about the fact Rex couldn't coach.

Edited by Formerly Allan in MD

16 hours ago, RosenNOTchosen1 said:

The defense was ranked 16th which is average.

Our current offense is averaging under 11 points a game and is ranked dead last. 

yeah, but he was boasting about the number one defense. didn't he even go as far as to mock the previous year's defense because they were only ranked #4? dude was a bit of a blow hard.

Rex was a clown who lost his magic touch on D.  And when he brought his brother in.it became the beginning of the end.  McD has been questionable, but he is not a clown.  I give him 3-5 years to make something happen.  We walked into the year knowing they were not going to be good.    I am all for holding off grading until 2019.  Then, just like Ricky said "you got some 'esplain to do".

Edited by DCBongo
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, stuvian said:

he took a top five defense and drove it into the ditch. He was an embarassment who perpetuated the country club atmosphere that was a hallmark of the decade of fail

Really 16th overall defense is driving into the ditch?

McDumbass gets blown out on a weekly basis I'd say that's worse . 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, RosenNOTchosen1 said:

You are correct sir.  I keep on reading the argument (as the one from the poster below).

Let's put things in perspective.  The object of a team is to score more points than are scored against you.

2013 Points Against        24.3 (20th in NFL)

2013 Point Differential   -49 (22nd in NFL)

2014 Points Against        18.1 (4th in NFL)

2014 Point Differential  +54    (12th in NFL)

2015 Points Against         22.4 (only 4.3 points per game more than 2014 & 1.9 point per game less than 2013) (15th in NFL)

2015 Point Differential   +20 (13th in NFL - only one back from 2014)

2016 Points Against         23.6 (only 5.5 points per game more than 2014 and .7 points per game less than 2013) (16th in NFL)

2016 Point Differential   +21  (14th in NFL - two back from 2014)

2017 Points Against         22.4 (same as 2015) (18th in NFL)

2017 Point Differential    -57   (21st in NFL)

2018 Points Against        26.8 (more than both 2013, 2015, and 2016) (26th in NFL)

2018 Point Differential  -145 (Dead last in NFL through 9 games)

14 hours ago, stuvian said:

he took a top five defense and drove it into the ditch. He was an embarassment who perpetuated the country club atmosphere that was a hallmark of the decade of fail

14 hours ago, RosenNOTchosen1 said:

there you go, 16th place D is now the standard to bow down before....

On ‎11‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 7:06 AM, Peter said:

Thanks for pointing out that this is not a new position.

As for the rest, I obviously disagree.

I think "half assing it" and "buffoon" (a word others have used) are just something you guys use to fit your narrative.

I am not sure why having a personality is now something that is bad. 

I cannot listen to McCoach and his drivel anymore - and he is doing the same thing to the team. He has sucked the life out of this team.

Rex should have been given at least through the end of his contract.

And, as much as McClappy bothers me and I have real doubts about whether to trust McBeane going forward, I don't think that they should be fired in less than two years. 

Could not disagree with the bolded more.  I was tired of him after the 1st season.

Bringing in his bro just made it worse.

I do miss posting the clown car.........................and for that I thank you.

clown car.jpg

2 hours ago, Peter said:

You are correct sir.  I keep on reading the argument (as the one from the poster below).

Let's put things in perspective.  The object of a team is to score more points than are scored against you.

2013 Points Against        24.3 (20th in NFL)

2013 Point Differential   -49 (22nd in NFL)

2014 Points Against        18.1 (4th in NFL)

2014 Point Differential  +54    (12th in NFL)

2015 Points Against         22.4 (only 4.3 points per game more than 2014 & 1.9 point per game less than 2013) (15th in NFL)

2015 Point Differential   +20 (13th in NFL - only one back from 2014)

2016 Points Against         23.6 (only 5.5 points per game more than 2014 and .7 points per game less than 2013) (16th in NFL)

2016 Point Differential   +21  (14th in NFL - two back from 2014)

2017 Points Against         22.4 (same as 2015) (18th in NFL)

2017 Point Differential    -57   (21st in NFL)

2018 Points Against        26.8 (more than both 2013, 2015, and 2016) (26th in NFL)

2018 Point Differential  -145 (Dead last in NFL through 9 games)

Stop saying this. It does not show that Rex was awful and McD is amazing. You are going to blow a bunch of peoples minds up here. It is much easier to believe that everything is going according to plan...trust the process. 

• Like (+1) 2