Everyone that wanted TT gone, we told you

Dadonkadonk

21 hours ago, Dadonkadonk said:

We told you this would happen.  TT protected the ball and kept them in most games.  The most notable exception being the Saints game last year - but the defense gave up 300 yards rushing too.  We told you Peterman was garbage. We told you a rookie was going to throw more INTs.  Now you see how awful the talent is on this team.  

The defense is good enough to be .500 with a QB that isn't killing them.  Yes the OL is worse this year than last.  

Bit this disaster of a season sitsd squarely on the shoulders of Beane. He traded away Watkins and TT. He traded away Glenn. He replaced Wood with garbage. He replaced Incognito with a septic tank.

Beane has to go.  McD can stay another year.  I will still defend trading down and getting White and an extra #1.  Mahomes would not be putting up thje stats he is in KC with these idiots at OC and with the players Beane has surrounded his QB with.

We told you this would happen and it has.  

Now listen to us again.  Beane has got to go.  He can not be trusted with another off season of free agency and the draft. 

TT is TERRIBLE and the Bills stole a 3rd rounder from the Browns for him. He couldn't even keep the starting job for the winless Browns, be realistic please

1 hour ago, nedboy7 said:

I actually like what shadybillsfan has to say usually.  He is a solid dude. We just happen to disagree on this. 

Nah SBF is the best, disagree on a lot but he's a smart respectful poster nevertheless. 

Just saying I make the Bear and Jeans analogies all the time and get taken literally like I'm insane (which of course would be the appropriate reaction if you don't understand nuance.. or didn't pay attention in Hish School English) 

Take advantage of your free public education folks. It might suck at the time but nobody said I really wish I partied more in HS and studied less. You say that in college, when you're not forced to be in English class if you don't want to. So learn while you can boys. Cause that Bears and Jeans analogy was fantastic.

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks
  • Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, PaulieYayo said:

TT is TERRIBLE and the Bills stole a 3rd rounder from the Browns for him. He couldn't even keep the starting job for the winless Browns, be realistic please

He's not terrible, you're watching terrible. I'd make that trade for a 3rd a million times over, but we don't need to act like we just broke up with our 3 we never were really into and rebounded with a 1 and act like our old girlfriend was the ugliest smelliest ever just to justify our rebound 1. 

But we got this cute 8 we've been flirting with and if we keep at it and put the effort in we might find the one ?. And we'll stop bashing the 3 because it doesn't matter anymore.

Tyrod's going to last in this league and "not even starting for the Browns (who drafted a no 1 overall QB!)" is hardly any indictment. he'll be a solid backup, and is currently a highly overpaid backup. Guarantee you he never gets trade value for a 3rd or gets that same contract but him and Fitz are at least the only QBs we can say had longevity in the league in what 10-15 years?

Don't hate your ugly 3 gf because you broke up with her. Be happy for her finding another 3 in her league.. -2nd or 3rd on some teams depth chart the analogy sort of can't go any further lol.

Tyrod is sitting in the bench right now for a reason. Yes, he is better than Peterman, two journeyman QB's who were sitting on the couch when the Bills called, and a rookie.

But he's not the answer.

13 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

Jesus, are we still hashing out the merits of Tyrod F-ing Taylor?

Let it go people!

Just let it go!

I get it, in ordinary circumstances these OPs annoy me. But WTH else are we gonna talk about nowadays. It's just something to do haha.

I'm just interested in the debate: is he terrible, bad to mediocre, or our franchise savour we let slip. He's just bad. And i'd like to defend he ain't terrible. There's too many Drew Stantons in this league to lump him in that echelon (and Peterman is in a 1 man class of his own. HS QB tier.)

Just why I engage in these threads because many bore me (and I don't click on it since it will die very soon.. this thread will be dead next morning.. I hope.)

2 hours ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

I don't get it. We've just been drafting poorly for 2 decades. Better to go 7-9 and get Tre White than bottom out and grab Solomon Thomas. If you draft well the difference is one record let's you enjoy more meaningful games over the season than the other.. and is 2-3 wins from making playoffs should you have that special offseason, coach, FA signing, rookie whatever it takes to spark your team to the next tier.

Because that spark to the next tier when bottoming out just gets you back to 7-9.

I get both sides of the argument, but you can't make the assumption based off past regimes blowing their draft picks no matter how high they pick that this regime will do the same. 

If we finished in the bottom three last year we wouldn't have had to give up Cordy Glenn and two 2nd round picks to get our quarterback of choice.  We'd have more talent this year.  Also, you get the same slot in succeeding rounds so having the 33rd or 34th pick is a lot better than having the 50th or 51st pick.  It also gives you a better chance to acquire more picks if some team is desperate for a quarterback.

Just now, Doc Brown said:

I get both sides of the argument, but you can't make the assumption based off past regimes blowing their draft picks no matter how high they pick that this regime will do the same. 

If we finished in the bottom three last year we wouldn't have had to give up Cordy Glenn and two 2nd round picks to get our quarterback of choice.  We'd have more talent this year.  Also, you get the same slot in succeeding rounds so having the 33rd or 34th pick is a lot better than having the 50th or 51st pick.  It also gives you a better chance to acquire more picks if some team is desperate for a quarterback.

All valid. I simply find the margin of bust/boom potential in the first round very slim personally. Only time I'd love a #1 overall is if Peyton Manning is on the board or we flip it for a king's ransom like the Rams did to the skins RGIII. That's awesome and at least that still buys into my strategy that round 1 margin is slim.

Just my personal opinion. Drafting well is the end all be all, and most teams draft poorly at the top and bottom. We've been poor at drafting. Could have Rodgers or Big Been at 7-9 but we hauled JP.

ONE great draft with a lot of picks that hit on an all-pro, maybe 2 if you're insanely lucky like that Seahawks draft. And some very good starters (I"m all for getting cheap interior O Line late first round).. just one or 2 slam dunk drafts turns your team around overnight. And you just gotta fill it with vets (I prefer short term prove it deals) to avoid what we look like rn. 

So either way works. A particularly bad year certainly improves the odds either via trade down or having a stud fall to you. But PERSONALLY I think we just have to nail our picks no matter where we land (small margins) and the only difference there is I have more fun as a fan every season.

Either way is a disaster if we're drafting Maybins all the time. So our theories are simply tied to if our scouts have talents for getting bargain guys late, or really nailing the high picks. Some teams flourish either way depending on their talent come draft day.

1 hour ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

He's not terrible, you're watching terrible. I'd make that trade for a 3rd a million times over, but we don't need to act like we just broke up with our 3 we never were really into and rebounded with a 1 and act like our old girlfriend was the ugliest smelliest ever just to justify our rebound 1. 

But we got this cute 8 we've been flirting with and if we keep at it and put the effort in we might find the one ?. And we'll stop bashing the 3 because it doesn't matter anymore.

Tyrod's going to last in this league and "not even starting for the Browns (who drafted a no 1 overall QB!)" is hardly any indictment. he'll be a solid backup, and is currently a highly overpaid backup. Guarantee you he never gets trade value for a 3rd or gets that same contract but him and Fitz are at least the only QBs we can say had longevity in the league in what 10-15 years?

Don't hate your ugly 3 gf because you broke up with her. Be happy for her finding another 3 in her league.. -2nd or 3rd on some teams depth chart the analogy sort of can't go any further lol.

He is terrible.    It’s why he was benched after 2 games.   

Thats the plight of terrible QBs.   Non terrible ones get to play 16 games 

33 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

He is terrible.    It’s why he was benched after 2 games.   

Thats the plight of terrible QBs.   Non terrible ones get to play 16 games 

Yeah he's backuo dude. Tom Savage is terrible.

That's the plight of bad QBs: backup. 

The plight of terrible QBs is being out of the league. Or is it so black and white that Tebow and Nick Foles are equally terrible cause they don't play 16 games a year. Weird take. We broke up with an ugly girlfriend and hate her. But we'll find a pretty girfriend and forget about her and she'll be a 3rd string one night stand that's still getting by on tinder

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks

23 hours ago, downunderbill said:

Tyrod wasn't winning with all that talent in Cleveland, what makes you think he would get way more wins in Buffalo.

Because he did last year.

That Bears game is the kind we won last year.  He wouldn't have given up 14 and we probably would have score 20 or so.

Edited by reddogblitz

16 hours ago, matter2003 said:

They werent paying him $16 million. They probably didn't even have the cap room with all that dead cap space. They planned ror being bad just maybe not this bad on offense. Coaches always overestimate their ability to "coach guys up" and get production from them. At some point you have to have talent somewhere.

Actually we're still paying him.  so it wouldn't be 16 mil hit, it'd be like a net 8 mil hit.  AND we get to take advantage of his services.  He is tough. He probably wouldn't be injured like the rest of the guys we got. 

Screw winning though. Draft picks and 90 mil blah blah blah are better.  Makes for fun Sunday afternoons at the Ralph. Laughing at ANOTHER turnover for a TD and booing Nasty Nate lustily for trying to run in a Hail Mary is fun.

3 hours ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

All valid. I simply find the margin of bust/boom potential in the first round very slim personally. Only time I'd love a #1 overall is if Peyton Manning is on the board or we flip it for a king's ransom like the Rams did to the skins RGIII. That's awesome and at least that still buys into my strategy that round 1 margin is slim.

Just my personal opinion. Drafting well is the end all be all, and most teams draft poorly at the top and bottom. We've been poor at drafting. Could have Rodgers or Big Been at 7-9 but we hauled JP.

ONE great draft with a lot of picks that hit on an all-pro, maybe 2 if you're insanely lucky like that Seahawks draft. And some very good starters (I"m all for getting cheap interior O Line late first round).. just one or 2 slam dunk drafts turns your team around overnight. And you just gotta fill it with vets (I prefer short term prove it deals) to avoid what we look like rn. 

So either way works. A particularly bad year certainly improves the odds either via trade down or having a stud fall to you. But PERSONALLY I think we just have to nail our picks no matter where we land (small margins) and the only difference there is I have more fun as a fan every season.

Either way is a disaster if we're drafting Maybins all the time. So our theories are simply tied to if our scouts have talents for getting bargain guys late, or really nailing the high picks. Some teams flourish either way depending on their talent come draft day.

Big Ben is a good example of why having a better draft position is critical.  We went 6-10 in 2003 and had the 12 pick.  Donahoe apparently was trying to move ahead of the Steelers at 10 an couldn't find a partner.  Steelers draft Big Ben and we end up getting Evans at 12 along with trading up for Losman.  If we finish 4-12, we had Big Ben.  I just fear 14 years from now I'll be saying if we just bottomed out in 2017 we could've had future HOFer Sam Darnold.  

Edited by Doc Brown

3 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Big Ben is a good example of why having a better draft position is critical.  We went 6-10 in 2003 and had the 12 pick.  Donahoe apparently was trying to move ahead of the Steelers at 10 an couldn't find a partner.  Steelers draft Big Ben and we end up getting Evans at 12 along with trading up for Losman.  If we finish 4-12, we had Big Ben.  I just fear 14 years from now I'll be saying if we just bottomed out in 2017 we could've had future HOFer Sam Darnold.  

Of course you could also find a sucker to trade out of their #10 pick.

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, BigPappy said:

So what you're saying is that this team's only issue is QB play at this point? If you truly believe that then i question your ability to understand football. QB play is only a very small part of the issue for this team. Poor O-Line play has been a huge factor in the offenses woes though I will say they played fairly well against the pass yesterday. Not great but very well. There were times where Peterman has a TON of time to through. Which brings us to another issue.... our receivers. We have no number one receiver and frankly they all suck. The Bears played man to man all day because Peterman is no threat with his arm or his legs, and our receivers are so bad they can't get separation. It is the offense as a whole that is the problem. The line is starting to Gel and when Allen is back things will improve....to a point. But with no receivers it will only go so far. This year is a wash so get use to losing. We have 10 picks in next years draft. I expect a run on quality offensive players with a sprinkle of defensive guys to replenish for depth and a big push in FA with all the cap space coming. 

I don't understand complaining about the loss of Watkins or Glenn either. Watkins was not buying into the "TEAM" or McD's system and did not want to be here. Why would you not trade him? Not to mention what has he done since he left? It's not like he is lighting the NFL on fire with his spectacular play and catches. And as for Glenn, good ridden's. He couldn't even stay on the field because he was always hurt.

You have no proof about Watkins not buying in.  It's McD's job to coach them not just get rid of guys.  Glenn was not always hurt.  He started all 16 games of his first three years. 11 of 16 in year four and was shut down in his final year.  He has started and played all 8 games this year for the Bengals.  McD and Beane messed up.  They could have had booked tackles for the next five years.  Or moved one of them inside.  

Of course QB is not the only problem.  But it is just one example of many where McD and Beane made the wrong decison and the team is worse for it. 

14 hours ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

Tyrod would be a better option over what we have but he's still a mediocre QB, we need better than Taylor and all we can hope is that Josh Allen is that guy but it's way too early to tell.

Exactly.  AJ would be better. But twice McD picked Peterman.  That is enough for him to lose his job.  Bills defense gives up 300 yards rushing and they bench Taylor.  McD can;t be trusted with Allen's future.