Everyone that wanted TT gone, we told you

Dadonkadonk

42 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

What Tyrod did with this offensive roster in 2017 was nothing short of miraculous.

He played poorly to start the season in Cleveland with the entire organization ready to get their number 1 pick onto the field. That does not negate the fact that he somehow managed to take THIS offensive roster to the playoffs. 

Please for the love of God don't tell me 2 decent offensive lineman turned us from below average to historically bad.

was more like what the O-line and Shady did with this team last year.  TT is a backup in Cleveland for a reason.  

What's Tyrod's record in Cleveland?  What's was his record here? 

Seriously though, they should have had a much better plan for the QB position or just kept him.  I'm all for an upgrade or drafting a rookie and bringing him along.  Hell ultimately I wish they had jumped in the FA sweepstakes and signed or traded for an Alex Smith or even Keenum and still drafted Allen.  What they eventually did do is an example of a bungled offseason and eventually a text book showing of how to ruin a young QB.  Hopefully they get Allen some help both on the field and coaching.

1 hour ago, Dadonkadonk said:

We told you this would happen.  TT protected the ball and kept them in most games.  The most notable exception being the Saints game last year - but the defense gave up 300 yards rushing too.  We told you Peterman was garbage. We told you a rookie was going to throw more INTs.  Now you see how awful the talent is on this team.  

The defense is good enough to be .500 with a QB that isn't killing them.  Yes the OL is worse this year than last.  

Bit this disaster of a season sitsd squarely on the shoulders of Beane. He traded away Watkins and TT. He traded away Glenn. He replaced Wood with garbage. He replaced Incognito with a septic tank.

Beane has to go.  McD can stay another year.  I will still defend trading down and getting White and an extra #1.  Mahomes would not be putting up thje stats he is in KC with these idiots at OC and with the players Beane has surrounded his QB with.

We told you this would happen and it has.  

Now listen to us again.  Beane has got to go.  He can not be trusted with another off season of free agency and the draft. 

You gotta be kidding. 

"We told you this would happen"... "Now listen to us" - What are you like 10 years old?

Gimme a break. 

People wanted Tyrod gone because the team hit a plateau with him at QB  He couldn't take them any further than he did.

It would've been the same thing if the team would've kept Fitz years ago.

That said, the Bill brass have sure done a crappy job with their "Plan B".

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

The passing game was supposed to get better. :lol:

Hotrod was holding us back. :D

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

You mean like when gutless Peterman wouldn't throw an FN Hail Mary down 28-0 on the last play of the 1st half?  Stupid and gutless!

It was because he can't throw the football that far.

he had time.

it wasn't because guys weren't open, they're not supposed to be. It's kind of the point. :)

1 hour ago, Talonz said:

Unless he threw an INT and it was ran 100 yards the other way, there is no reason in the world not to throw it into the end zone.   

he was trying to break Fitz' record of longest run by a QB for a TD. 31 yards. 

How did he think he was going to score with 4 defenders camped out in the EZ?

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

The problem is Tyrod was average at best. You don't cling to average if you want to be a perennial playoff team. You go try and improve. Maybe it works may be it doesn't but I'd rather swing and miss than stand there trying to draw a walk every at bat.

Worst QB in NFL history is how you do it.

i like your idea of improving. But it would probably be better to not dump the guy you can win with until you have something better. Clearly we don't and did not improve.  HUGE FAIL. Inexcusable IMHO.

4 minutes ago, downunderbill said:

That's like asking which pile of ? do you want to step in.

I'd step into the one that results in way more wins and playoffs.

TT makes this team competitive.  Agree he won't get them to the SuperBowl.  But he is/was better than Peterman.  Beane and McD chose Peterman repeatedly.  That says they don;t know what the hell they are doing.  That Beane got a third for TT is robbery.  Good for him.  That trade flushed the season down the toilet. They chose McCarron and he couldn't even make it out of camp.  These guys have no clue what they are doing.  

I wanted Allen. I'm just hoping Beane and McD are gone and a real GM/HC are brought in to build around him.

• Like (+1) 1

In his post game PC McDermott said he wants to protect the football and win one on one matchups.

If that is really your plan, why would you run off the QB that protects the football like no other and start a guy that doesn't respect the football?

1 minute ago, Dadonkadonk said:

TT makes this team competitive.  Agree he won't get them to the SuperBowl

What do we know about winning SBs?  How about we just try to be competitive for a few years first and build from there?

8 minutes ago, downunderbill said:

Tyrod wasn't winning with all that talent in Cleveland, what makes you think he would get way more wins in Buffalo.

For one, he is, statistically, the best protector of the ball the NFL has ever seen at the QB position.

It's the only reason why we made the playoffs last year, and even then only by the skin of our teeth.

We were a reasonably middling to bad team with a decent negative point differential but we had the best protector of the ball all time as our QB.

On top of that, we went on a freakish run of takeaways for the early-mid phase of the season.  

It's the only reason we won the # of games we did and why we were a leading regression candidate for this season, as Tyrod was gone and the odds hugely suggested we couldn't replicate the same takeaway rate again.

Edited by Fadingpain
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

The passing game was supposed to get better. :lol:

Offense can't get worse than Tyrod! 

Ranks among the dumbest things I've heard. We say this just 3 years after starting EJ, Tuel, and Thad in a season

7 minutes ago, QCity said:

The CoT lives! :lol:

Call it a cult with a negative connotation if you want. I'll proudly be CoT if the alternative is thinking Nate Peterman and his Quarterbacks in crime are crushing it out there compared to what Tyrod did.

That's all the thread is about so I guess CoT means not being a moron with Quarterbacks lol.

• Like (+1) 1

The hate for Tyrod is unbelievable by some fans. I agree that he's not a franchise QB and probably will never be one.   I was all for him being replaced this season.  However, for a QB who was serviceable and led us to the playoffs to still be disrespected, says alot about this fan base. The Bill's QB play is significantly worse, not just worse. But maybe the worst in modern history and fans are still saying that they'd rather watch this abomination than Tyrod. For goodness sake, Peterman didn't throw that Hail Mary because he was afraid to throw an interception. He's mentally broken. Derek Anderson is off the street and Josh Allen is raw and not ready to be a starting NFL QB. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

I'll concede that as a placeholder type player, TT would be better than what's been trotted out behind JA so far this year. But does any of that really matter if JA becomes the franchise player he was drafted to be, and the Bills wind up with even more draft capital than at first expected given this trainwreck of a season, meaning there is also a better chance that some of that can be turned into quality playmakers to surround JA with for 2019 and beyond?

He will never be a successful NFL QB. And all the wishing and hoping in the world won't make him one. He is what he is, accept it and move on.

40 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

For one, he is, statistically, the best protector of the ball the NFL has ever seen at the QB position.

It's the only reason why we made the playoffs last year, and even then only by the skin of our teeth.

We were a reasonably middling to bad team with a decent negative point differential but we had the best protector of the ball all time as our QB.

On top of that, we went on a freakish run of takeaways for the early-mid phase of the season.  

It's the only reason we won the # of games we did and why we were a leading regression candidate for this season, as Tyrod was gone and the odds hugely suggested we couldn't replicate the same takeaway rate again.

I agree with you that he is amazing at protecting the ball, to a fault though, so many times I had wished he would just cut it loose but he just always played it safe.

IMO  Steven Hauschka had as much to do with making the playoffs as Tyrod. If he misses a couple of those long kicks it was all over.

Edited by downunderbill
Because I spell like a tard
  • Like (+1) 2