Everyone that wanted TT gone, we told you

Dadonkadonk

10 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

Ultimately the goal is to win a super bowl. Tyrod will never get any team to a super bowl barring some amazing play from defense, ST and a rushing attack. Our goal wasn’t to be 7-9 to 9-7 every year hoping we squeak into the playoffs. 

Peterman won’t either get us a SB neither . But Peterman will help us get a high draft pick then we can move forward. Sometimes you need to take a few steps back before you can improve the previous status quo

No, the goal is not to win a super bowl. The goal is to become a good solid middling franchise, and not a perennial laughing stock.

They're not going to be the Patriots or Steelers or Packers, that's a fantasy - but they can realistically elevate out of the cellar and not be lumped in with the likes of the Browns.

Just now, billsfan11 said:

The anyone but tyrod argument was never understood by me.

I agree with the Bills in moving on from him as he wasn’t good enough.

But it could get a lot worse than Tyrod. And we are witnessing it this year. It’s way worse

I could pretend like I don't understand the argument. I would be lying. I fully understand the reasoning behind the anyone but Tyrod schtick. 

I'll concede that as a placeholder type player, TT would be better than what's been trotted out behind JA so far this year. But does any of that really matter if JA becomes the franchise player he was drafted to be, and the Bills wind up with even more draft capital than at first expected given this trainwreck of a season, meaning there is also a better chance that some of that can be turned into quality playmakers to surround JA with for 2019 and beyond?

Just now, LSHMEAB said:

I could pretend like I don't understand the argument. I would be lying. I fully understand the reasoning behind the anyone but Tyrod schtick. 

After watching the offence this year how do you understand it?

They are making 1970s offences look like the greatest show on turf

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, billsfan11 said:

The anyone but tyrod argument was never understood by me.

I agree with the Bills in moving on from him as he wasn’t good enough.

But it could get a lot worse than Tyrod. And we are witnessing it this year. It’s way worse

To me it’s the same exact thing, only difference from last year to this year is shady can’t run the ball. 

Other than some exciting runs to pickup first downs every once in awhile I don’t even think the team wins more games with Tyrod. 

We all know Peterman ain’t nothing special, and should probably be out of the league now. 

We all know Anderson is a washed up vet with zero potential to do anything special. 

With allen out this is what we got. Plenty of teams with waaaaaaay more talent on offense are going to suck hard if their starter is out. Green Bay was pretty loaded with talent last year and they were quite pathetic while Rodgers was out. Brett Hundley couldn’t do squat for them. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

That was among the most chicken bleep and dumbest plays I've seen from an NFL QB in a while. Zero situational awareness and he ducks out of bounds with no time left to make it even worse.  Just inexcusable.  He should be cut tomorrow. 

He's on life # 5 of 9 by my unofficial count, so he probably won't be cut tomorrow--plus the Bills still literally don't have enough warm QB bodies to throw to the wolves, so he will remain by default, IMHO. I wonder how close the staff was to inserting Barkley before NP's late TD drive?

2 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

To me it’s the same exact thing, only difference from last year to this year is shady can’t run the ball. 

Other than some exciting runs to pickup first downs every once in awhile I don’t even think the team wins more games with Tyrod. 

We all know Peterman ain’t nothing special, and should probably be out of the league now. 

We all know Anderson is a washed up vet with zero potential to do anything special. 

With allen out this is what we got. Plenty of teams with waaaaaaay more talent on offense are going to suck hard if their starter is out. Green Bay was pretty loaded with talent last year and they were quite pathetic while Rodgers was out. Brett Hundley couldn’t do squat for them. 

It’s the exact same thing? 

They are on pace for less than 6 passing TDS on the year with over 30 interceptions lmao.

That is literally historically bad. I thought it would be impossible to see a passing stat like that in 2018

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, pop gun said:

Lol at this thread, like people think Tyrod is good or something.

A debate regarding the relative merits of Tyrod vs. Nate! 

If this organization isn't currently at rock bottom, it has to be pretty damned close.

• Haha (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

Ultimately the goal is to win a super bowl. Tyrod will never get any team to a super bowl barring some amazing play from defense, ST and a rushing attack. Our goal wasn’t to be 7-9 to 9-7 every year hoping we squeak into the playoffs. 

Peterman won’t either get us a SB neither . But Peterman will help us get a high draft pick then we can move forward. Sometimes you need to take a few steps back before you can improve the previous status quo

Give me Tyrod please

3 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

A debate regarding the relative merits of Tyrod vs. Nate! 

If this organization isn't currently at rock bottom, it has to be pretty damned close.

There is no comparison.  Tyrod to the playoffs,  new qb to the cellar 

• Like (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

That was among the most chicken bleep and dumbest plays I've seen from an NFL QB in a while. Zero situational awareness and he ducks out of bounds with no time left to make it even worse.  Just inexcusable.  He should be cut tomorrow. 

Agree 100%

14 TD's to 4 INT's.

You can rationally make the argument that Tyrod wasn't good enough so it was best to move on.

You cannot rationally make the argument that he wasn't infinitely better than anything we've trotted out there this season.

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, LSHMEAB said:

14 TD's to 4 INT's.

You can rationally make the argument that Tyrod wasn't good enough so it was best to move on.

You cannot rationally make the argument that he wasn't infinitely better than anything we've trotted out there this season.

Tyrod was due $16Mil this year..

I don't have any regrets moving him for Pick 65

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I wanted TT gone, and figured something like this would happen this year. You arent telling me anything new.

And Tyrod is still Tyrod. Riding the pine for the Browns. Could get this team to 7-9. Whoopty do. If that's the case, I'd rather be 3-13.

Not that I like losing, especially like this. But limping along to "first team to miss a wildcard" is just as bad.

Beane isnt going anywhere, anytime soon.

• Like (+1) 2

Over the last 2 years the Bills have won 11 games. All 11 wins can be attributed to our defense.  This offense with or without Tyrod has failed in every facet of the game. This year we saw the defense again rise to as high as 3rd in the NFL only to be demoralized by the worst offense in the history of the NFL. Hey Seany, you might want to have a little sit down with Brandon and figure out a way to save your jobs. Every single draft pick and FA signing MUST be on offense. 

Edited by LABILLBACKER
  • Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Tyrod was due $16Mil this year..

I don't have any regrets moving him for Pick 65

That's fine.

As long as you were prepared to see a significant drop in QB play for a season in order to "build for the future," that's a reasonable take.

It is 100% unreasonable to not acknowledge that Tyrod's play last season was infinitely better than anything we've had this season.

Have a good night bro.

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I wanted TT gone, and figured something like this would happen this year. You arent telling me anything new.

And Tyrod is still Tyrod. Riding the pine for the Browns. Could get this team to 7-9. Whoopty do. If that's the case, I'd rather be 3-13.

Not that I like losing, especially like this. But limping along to "first team to miss a wildcard" is just as bad.

Beane isnt going anywhere, anytime soon.

Define “anytime soon”. Lol.

He will get next year in my opinion. But if they don’t see major progress I think he will be gone after 2019

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, LSHMEAB said:

That's fine.

As long as you were prepared to see a significant drop in QB play for a season in order to "build for the future," that's a reasonable take.

It is 100% unreasonable to not acknowledge that Tyrod's play last season was infinitely better than anything we've had this season.

Have a good night bro.

Yes.. same to you.. I will have a good night thanks...

The team has proven to be lesser this year without Tyrod,  so in hindsight I agree there...

I'll probably be thankful though in hindsight come draft time..

Optimally you keep Tyrod and he plays all year when Allen develops, then a team offers you a (likely high) 3rd round freakin' pick for him! You trip over yourself to sign the papers before CLE recants, and figure out the QB situation later.

Once you realize a guy isn't the franchise, you don't really have a choice when offered more than he's worth, you just take it.