Possible power play by Beane?

8 hours ago, Estelle Getty said:

Many including me up until last week thought that Beane and McDermott are connected at the hip and that McDermott hand picked Bean. Even if this is true with things heading in this direction is it possible Beane lobbies for a coaching change?

Judging from the moves Beane has made (the incredible amount of trades he has made for players and picks) he seems to be more of a new age NFL executive. Think Howie Roseman or Les Snead.  What these types have in common is aggressive personel moves and aggressive coaches.  Enter McDermott where you can not use the word aggressive and McDermott in the same sentence unless it is this one.  I would have to think Beane knows the formula to beating the Patriots and other dominant teams is being more aggressive than they are.  McDermott will never be that guy and Beane knows this. 

So I don’t think it would be a total shock for Beane to make a pitch to the Pegulas in an offensive league to go with a young innovative offense oriented mind.  I would say it’s only about a 20% chance but at the same token it is larger than people may realize. 

There is no Beane, there is only McDermott.  The sooner people realize this the better.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, stuvian said:

it's McDermott's team and Beane was hired to compliment him, not the other way around. The notion that McDermott can't succeed in Goodell's era of video game football because he's a DC doesn't hold water. 

McDermott can't succeed in "Goodell's era of video game football" because he thinks he can win without an offense.

With a good draft and FA the Bean might be able to fix 2 positions on this team, O-Line and WR. The TE position is so bad right now as well. Clay and Croom can be released right now and we would get the same to better production with signing two TE's off of another teams PS. If Clay, Croom, KB, Mills and Ducasse are still on this roster next year I will have lost faith in the direction of this team.

8 hours ago, Best Player Available said:

Beane is a rookie GM twice spurned by his own team the Panthers for GM. 

He has no clout in the league or with management. Is my guess. 

He was not offered the Panthers job due to age and experience, other than that he is very highly respected.  What th heck does clout have to do with anything?   Does Clout help you pick good players?  

Pegula made the choice to hire McDermott first, let him run a draft and then hire Beane.  A very odd way to do things.   

The idea of going for a QB in year 2 is all McDermott, he gave Taylor a chance and he left Mahommes and Watson on the board.  

Beanie comes in a blows up a marginal 9-7 playoff team in his first full year.   We have a major project in Allen at QB, an aged running back, and nothing else on offense.   That is were we are today.  We look like a 3-13 team and will draft in the first 3 slots.  Let’s hope he doesn’t blow it.  

Several of our best players on defense are old (Kyle, Jerry and Lorenzo). Our LB depth is very poor.  I can see our defense dropping next year as we spend premium draft picks on OL and WR.  

Predictable mess.  

Edited by Bob in STL

No and I question his plan altogether.  Everything seems to be done halfway with the Bills  If you're blowing up a team you don't sign older free agents  If you're rebuilding you trade away McCoy and Benjamin for assets for 20019 and beyond. They couldn't make up their mind what they are doing. If you want to be respectable you make sure Peterman is not one snap from playing let alone name his as your day 1 starter.  If you are playing for a top pick you dont sign Murphy, Ivory, Star, Vontae Davis  IColeman if he panned out was young  but they blew that too.  They could have got Gordon .  I'm trying to be patient but they are testing it.  Losses are fine this year but getting blowout each week and not being able to score over 10 pts a game is not acceptable.  I fully expect daboll fired after the Jets game allowing a new coordinator a extra week.