I just don't know what to say - EJ is dogging on Peterman and the bIlls

Reed83HOF

2 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

I suppose he does but he too was absolutely terrible.

EJ on occasion looked like a QB, but it was a mirage.

That said, why do you think that no team has offered him a job even at the league minimum? This question is not rhetorical. Is EJ worse than every QB on every roster?  He never seemed like a bad guy.

I guess this situation has devolved into a crisis where people have to think of the good qualities of EJ Manuel's play.  My only guess about EJ's unemployment was a little quip I heard on a podcast about his rookie year - the coaches were befuddled because he never seemed to grasp the plays or on a more fundamental level didn't pick up whether the play called for a 3, 5 or 7 step drop.  Have no idea whether he improved over the years, but I have to wonder why a handful of coaches who had him on their rosters want no part of him now.  Anthony Lynn thought that Cardale was a better prospect.  

Having said that, he's mountains better than Peterman.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, GG said:

I guess this situation has devolved into a crisis where people have to think of the good qualities of EJ Manuel's play.  My only guess about EJ's unemployment was a little quip I heard on a podcast about his rookie year - the coaches were befuddled because he never seemed to grasp the plays or on a more fundamental level didn't pick up whether the play called for a 3, 5 or 7 step drop.  Have no idea whether he improved over the years, but I have to wonder why a handful of coaches who had him on their rosters want no part of him now.  Anthony Lynn thought that Cardale was a better prospect.  

Sounds about right.....and frightening.

13 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

No he wouldnt since both are garbage.

Nate Peterman is worse than garbage. He's the type of garbage that rats won't even go near because they think they can find a better source of food. He's the type of garbage that a homeless man won't even rummage through because he isn't that desperate.

1 hour ago, GG said:

It seems they could not dumb down the playbook to a level this kid could understand it. 

He's more gifted athletically than NP, but he's not very bright.  And that's why he isn't on a roster.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

It seems they could not dumb down the playbook to a level this kid could understand it. 

He's more gifted athletically than NP, but he's not very bright.  And that's why he isn't on a roster.

That was made abundantly clear when the Bills offense suddenly looked more professional with friggin Thad Lewis & Jeff Tuel under center

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, GG said:

That was made abundantly clear when the Bills offense suddenly looked more professional with friggin Thad Lewis & Jeff Tuel under center

Jeez, forgot about them. 

Might the Bills QB roster list the past 5 years be even worse than the Browns??

5 hours ago, Mike147 said:

But to come back to EJ for a moment. He didn't really get the fairest of shots here in Buffalo. How many first round QBs do teams give up on after a season and a half into their career? Doug Marrone never seemed to be a supporter of him and quickly ditched him in year two for Kyle Orton. I'm struggling to think of another recent example of a first round QB that a team gave up on rather than stick with them and try to develop them through those ups and downs. I'm not saying EJ was going to be the GOAT, but this team didn't exactly support him like other teams do with their first round selected QBs. 

3 hours ago, sjjr said:

EJ never had a fair shake in Buffalo.  For being a 1st round pick, the team never gave him a chance to really develop.  He should have been given 2+ years and more than 20 starts without having some veteran breathing down his neck.  Orton was here to play, not develop EJ.  But that is what dysfunctional, losing franchises do most of the time.

Unfortunately, no amount of "extra time"  would have resulted in EJ becoming a good QB.   Thats why he is on his couch now and most likely will not be in a lineup anymore.

Remember after Marrone,  he effectively had a clean slate with Rex and yet couldn't win the starter position over Tyrod / Cassell.   Beane and McDermott also didn't think highly of him so he didnt get re-signed.  And neither did Chuckie...  

• Like (+1) 1

It's quite easy Ej, for starters you were a 1st rounder who played like a 5th rounder. 

Secondly, you proved you couldn't play over the course of 4 years, not 4 games. 

Lastly, you were evaluated and given chances by multiple teams, coaching staffs, and coordinators.  You were tossed to the curb by every single one of them. 

PS.   Not one of those ints yesterday were on Peterman, now make it a large....with cheese. 

Edited by TwistofFate
  • Like (+1) 1

EJ was picked in the first round because he physically looked like a stud franchise QB. The jury is obviously out on Allen, but I sincerely hope he doesn't end up in the same category.

Peterman is just the giant blimp size advertisement for how utterly inept this organization is. I suppose you can argue it's an elaborate scheme to tank, but that is almost too obvious an explanation, and in any event, if it is tanking it's being done poorly since the goal is to be no quite so obvious.  People talk about how difficult it is for the Bills to get quality Free Agents to come to the Bills. Obviously it is even harder to get any quality front office personnel to come to the Queen City either. Just a damn shame.